2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I was SHOCKED....  (Read 7319 times)

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
I was SHOCKED....
« on: September 17, 2009, 11:51:46 AM »
....Not to hear that this actually happened to Clark (although it is sad and very unfortunate) but SHOCKED when the news came out that MU was recruiting him and that he committed to MU.

When that came out, I wondered if Marquette had ever talked to anyone in the Milwaukee area about the kid. Maybe Jim Gosz could have given some insight on to why he never could play at King and eventually left??? Or Joel Claussen on why he was never suited up at Pius????
The kid was NEVER ELIGIBLE at King or Pius which is the reason he only played about 10 or so games in 4 years of HS. He was involved with theft from the Pius cafeteria, both food and money, and he was reportedly involved with a car theft.
I don't know what kind of background research Buzz and  his guys do over there, but why would a Catholic, Jesuit institution even consider a kid like this. He could be freakin' LeBron James talented and they still shouldn't recruit him.

You wonder why Duke has almost no trouble with their kids....Coach K has some principle and ethic. There are few left like him in the business

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: I was SHOCKED....
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:53:30 AM »
No need for another thread. A lot of people agree with you and others don't. There is plenty of room in the other threads.

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »
O sorry I'll be sure to check with you from now on before I post anything.

Does this one get your approval?

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 11:59:04 AM »
Nothing personal. Just letting you know there are 3 threads on the same subject. All discussing whether or not Buzz should have recruited him. You would benefit those discussions and the board better by posting in there.

groove

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 12:02:41 PM »
oops sorry for the double post
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:08:03 PM by groove »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 12:06:18 PM »
....Not to hear that this actually happened to Clark (although it is sad and very unfortunate) but SHOCKED when the news came out that MU was recruiting him and that he committed to MU.

When that came out, I wondered if Marquette had ever talked to anyone in the Milwaukee area about the kid. Maybe Jim Gosz could have given some insight on to why he never could play at King and eventually left??? Or Joel Claussen on why he was never suited up at Pius????
The kid was NEVER ELIGIBLE at King or Pius which is the reason he only played about 10 or so games in 4 years of HS. He was involved with theft from the Pius cafeteria, both food and money, and he was reportedly involved with a car theft.
I don't know what kind of background research Buzz and  his guys do over there, but why would a Catholic, Jesuit institution even consider a kid like this. He could be freakin' LeBron James talented and they still shouldn't recruit him.

You wonder why Duke has almost no trouble with their kids....Coach K has some principle and ethic. There are few left like him in the business

So SHOCKED that you didn't bother to share your "information" with anyone until now? Right.

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »
I am glad you posted this info and I understand why you didn't at first.  I think some people think this kid was just lazy and had academic problems due to that JS story.  It's obvious this was not the case.  Since we did sign him, it doesn't do a whole lot of good to post about his troubled past in hopes that he might be able to change.  However, he didn't and his behavior got worst.  So, now was the time to post this info.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 12:31:13 PM »
No need for another thread. A lot of people agree with you and others don't. There is plenty of room in the other threads.

Seriously.   Did we really need this 4th thread on the same topic? (much less the 3rd)

Considering something that you have to say SO much more important than anything else in a given thread that it deserves its own thread must be a manifestation of egomania.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 12:39:30 PM »

Please, by all means, go root for Duke.  Believe me, the only reason you think Coach K "does it the right way" is because he's such a pompous egomaniac that he spends an inordinate amount of time talking about how he himself "does it the right way."

LON

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 12:45:08 PM »
mikeDEANme and Rat Face sittin' in a tree...

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »
Thanks for you "input" Lenny...I guess I don't really understand your post, so I won't respond...Right......

Skatastrophy, my apologies for posting a thread. Let me try to understand something here...this is a message board, right? there are over 290 pages worth of posts, right?? Information gets posted numerous times in numerous threads all the time, right??? WTF is the big deal now that I did it. It has nothing to do with egomania. It has to do with posting a thread, and sharing some insight and info on the situation. If you don't like it, don't read it

Ready2Fly...The reason I think Coach K "does it the right way" is because his players stay in school, graduate, stay eligible, don't get arressted, don't have off court issues, etc. There are a few other programs like this as well, but Coach K is a prime example. You can call Coach K an egomaniac or whatever you want (as most D1 college coaches are) but you can't say that he doesn't run a clean program and do it the right way.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 01:34:48 PM »
You can call Coach K an egomaniac or whatever you want (as most D1 college coaches are) but you can't say that he doesn't run a clean program and do it the right way.

Look up the Corey Magette incident.  Just because someone hasn't been punished doesn't mean they run a clean program.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »
So SHOCKED that you didn't bother to share your "information" with anyone until now? Right.

And if he had, he would have been treated with loving, Cura Personalis open arms here...right?  Or would he have been treated as anti-Buzz, a Buzz hater, anti-MU, a TC lover, a Mike Deane lover, etc, etc?

Hmmm, I wonder. 

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 02:04:34 PM »
FYI...Duke was cleared of any and all wrongdoing in the case by the NCAA.

Good point Chicos...you better be careful what you say on here, cause if its not in EXACT ACCORDANCE of what the Know-All, Be-All's believe....OR WORSE YET! if you, god forbid, post something that has already been posted, they'll get you. somehow someway...
you better make sure you say in accordance with all their "message board by-laws" OR ELSE!!!

mugrad99

• Team Captain
Corey Maggette
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 02:14:13 PM »
I think he meant the alleged contact with the 13year old, not his relationship with Myron Piggie. Also in re Duke: see Casey Sanders, JJ Redick.

Unfortunately, I don't think any program has been completely void of bad characters. If there is one, it's most likely because it hasn't been reported in the press.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 02:15:04 PM »
Skatastrophy, my apologies for posting a thread. Let me try to understand something here...this is a message board, right? there are over 290 pages worth of posts, right?? Information gets posted numerous times in numerous threads all the time, right??? WTF is the big deal now that I did it. It has nothing to do with egomania. It has to do with posting a thread, and sharing some insight and info on the situation. If you don't like it, don't read it

No, it was egocentric of you to think/believe/presume that your thoughts on the subject was were so different or important that you needed to start your own thread. Based on the custom and practice of this message board, and all other message boards I'm familiar with, you should have posted your message in one of the other threads. You didn't. Not a big deal, but don't act like you didn't think your post was something special. Which, by the way, it wasn't.
We Are Marquette

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 02:29:58 PM »
Forgot about the Casey Sanders thing. Maybe cause he never had much of an impact on the basketball floor. My fault.
No idea what happened with JJ Reddick??

Anyway...no where in my post did I say my thoughts were better than anyone elses on here. You guys are just pulling that from no where. What your actually saying is that anyone who has ever started a thread on a topic that was already posted on here is egocentric. Not the case.
I am not/did not act, in any way, like my post was something special. It was simply posted.

I cannot believe the reaction its getting that someone would actually post a new thread on a freakin message board. ITS A MESSAGE BOARD. PLEASE UNDERSTAND PEOPLE POST NEW THREADS ON MESSAGE BOARDS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't any of you have anything else to worry about other than someone starting a thread on a topic that had been discussed???

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 02:47:46 PM »
And if he had, he would have been treated with loving, Cura Personalis open arms here...right?  Or would he have been treated as anti-Buzz, a Buzz hater, anti-MU, a TC lover, a Mike Deane lover, etc, etc?

Hmmm, I wonder. 

The difference is that he would have been a legitimate whistle blower if Clarke was indeed the food stealin', money robbin', car thief he portrays.  Waiting to share his info until after after this horrible incident and feigning outrage is the old "I told you so" when he did nothing of the sort. Hard to claim the high moral ground when you've sat on this info on Clarke for so long.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 02:49:46 PM »
I cannot believe the reaction its getting that someone would actually post a new thread on a freakin message board. ITS A MESSAGE BOARD. PLEASE UNDERSTAND PEOPLE POST NEW THREADS ON MESSAGE BOARDS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't any of you have anything else to worry about other than someone starting a thread on a topic that had been discussed???

The lady doth protest too much.

Like I said, it's not a big deal. Small mistake. But learn from it. Part of what makes message boards successful or not, is everyone abiding by the forum rules and keeping threads (somewhat) cohesive and linear. The board becomes a mess if 10 posters run off trying to start their own individual threads. That's why you have seen a reaction that appears disproportionate. People like this board and want it to be successful. You actions, albeit small, detract from that and hence, you got feedback.
We Are Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 02:57:49 PM »
The difference is that he would have been a legitimate whistle blower if Clarke was indeed the food stealin', money robbin', car thief he portrays.  Waiting to share his info until after after this horrible incident and feigning outrage is the old "I told you so" when he did nothing of the sort. Hard to claim the high moral ground when you've sat on this info on Clarke for so long.

Sorry, not buying it.  If he had come here and said this kid was bad news, he's had off the court behavioral problems, he's bounced from school to school, been in trouble, etc, a good chunk of people would have gone into immediate self defense mode:

Give the kid a 2nd chance
Buzz can keep him under control
Where's the proof?
He's older now, more mature
You just hate Buzz
You must be a TC lover
Etc, etc

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 03:10:12 PM »

That's the point. I did bring it up when it announced when he verballed and said it was a mistake because the kid can't stay out of trouble. All anyone said is that he is doing great, he has changed, blah blah blah.

Buzz made a character decision on this kid and he was wrong. It was a mistake I don't think he will make again. As the CEO of the basketball program, Buzz has to try to do his to make sure he does all in his power to not associate himself or his team with things like this. As much as people say MU has nothing in this, just look at the headlines, they all say Marquette recruit. It is not a good thing. Simple questions to the coaches he had in Milwaukee would have revealed multiple character flaws that to most people would lead them in the opposite direction of him. He had a lot of chances throughout his life. He may have even deserved a chance at college education but, it just should have never been at Marquette.
But I like to throw handfuls...

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 03:12:17 PM »
I'm not learning from anything. It is a public message board. I don't need to be told by the "experts" what I can and can't post.

How many "Vander Blue" threads are there?!!?!? Shouldn't all those post be under one Vander Blue thread??? Same goes for tons and tons of topics on here.

I was simply bringing up the fact that I was not surprised by this incident and he had been involved with problems in the past and stated the fact that they should have looked into it. Two people who are very accessible in the Milwaukee basketball landscape, Gosz and Claasen, would have been two great people to get insight from.

It wasn't an "I told you so", its just stating what his past was like. and its not just a bunch of crap pulled from thin air...he was ineligible for most of his HS career, he was suspended from school while at Pius for incidents involving theft in the cafeteria, and he was REPORTEDLY involved with a car theft. Where is the "I told you so" in that. It was a simply statement that I was not shocked by what happened and my reasons why

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 03:23:28 PM »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »
I'm not learning from anything. It is a public message board. I don't need to be told by the "experts" what I can and can't post.

How many "Vander Blue" threads are there?!!?!? Shouldn't all those post be under one Vander Blue thread??? Same goes for tons and tons of topics on here.

Great idea.

PM it to a Mod. Maybe we can have all threads compiled under a player.
Of course, it can get 10+ pages deep and you'd have to sift through it...

As always, it's up to the discretion of the Mods to merge threads...

They're doing a good job of it, so far.
SS Marquette

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 03:45:44 PM »
That's the point. I did bring it up when it announced when he verballed and said it was a mistake because the kid can't stay out of trouble. All anyone said is that he is doing great, he has changed, blah blah blah.

Yep, Chili was on the record.

I especially like the comment on that page guaranteeing that Clark and Bowen would be in the same class.  Things change quickly, I guess.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.