collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Losing Respect for Pitino "by the Day"  (Read 1483 times)

GGGG

• All American
Losing Respect for Pitino "by the Day"
« on: September 07, 2009, 04:16:49 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/nqlltf

"Rick Pitino has managed to take a situation in which he is ostensibly the victim -- remember, he was extorted, and he was the one whose statements to police at least slightly resembled the truth -- and made himself look like a preening, egotistical fool missing any shred of self-awareness."

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Losing Respect for Pitino "by the Day"
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 05:52:41 PM »
"The money quote, though, the thing that really makes me think Pitino is intent to drive himself even further into his already-considerably public relations hole, is this:

"I told my daughter this the other day. I said, 'Sweetie, what you've been through in your life, with your two uncles and now with this ... what you've been through in your life, you'll be strong enough to handle anything in life and that's how you have to look at adversity."

The nerve of this bro! That's yet another veiled reference to the family's loss on 9/11 which, yeah, I'm sure that will be formative in a child's life, but guess what, Rick? You bedding (or should we say flooring) a woman who is not your wife after close at an upscale Italian restaurant has literally nothing to do with 9/11. It doesn't relate in any way, shape, or form, and least of all not to your daughter, on whom you saddled this "adversity." This wasn't the random act of a few insane terrorists. This was you, dude."

Money, indeed.
SS Marquette

feedback