[Today at 08:41:12 AM]

NM by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 01:04:38 AM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Billy Hoyle
[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by Herman Cain
[June 18, 2024, 06:55:14 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wow - Rick Pitino Press Conference  (Read 7356 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Wow - Rick Pitino Press Conference
« on: August 26, 2009, 03:48:41 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/bigeast/2009-08-26-pitino_N.htm

I am a little upset.  This is a day I went home to comfort my wife, who obviously you would imagine the last seven months has had a difficult time.

It's a pretty sad day. On a day when Ted Kennedy died, we broke into news here in Louisville with Karen Sypher tapes.

Nobody can really stand up, and I really couldn't say anything.  But it's all a lie. You know it, everybody knows it's a lie.  Everything that has been printed and reported and breaking into the news is 100% a lie. All of this has been a lie. It's a total fabrication of the truth except what I told you — the mistake that I made.

He went on to say everyone should forget about the incident and focus on things that are important like the economy and sports.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:50:28 PM by TallTitan34 »

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Wow - Rick Pitino Press Conference
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 03:54:52 PM »
Yep, twisted sister, sports are really important in the grand scheme of things .
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 03:57:33 PM »
What I don't get is he says everything thats being reported is all a lie except what he said.

Ummm what is being reported that didn't come straight from his mouth?

LON

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 03:57:54 PM »
So Slick Rick manages to bring up 9/11, Ted Kennedy, and the economy while talking about his extra-marital indiscretion...

It is possible to hate this guy even more than I have previously.

thatman32

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:38:54 PM »
So Slick Rick manages to bring up 9/11, Ted Kennedy, and the economy while talking about his extra-marital indiscretion...

Ha attack the media where did you learn that from Richard Nixon ?-( 

Did he really mention 9/11(I couldn't find anything on it)?  If he did then his new mantra should be 'a noun a verb and 9/11'

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 04:48:36 PM »
I don't understand his reference to the media reporting "lies." Today they released tapes of her talking to detectives. What "lies" were reported?

I also felt like he was claiming he was comforting his wife because of the media! Not sure the media had anything to do with the fact that his wife needed comforting.

This guy's ego is out of control.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 05:19:16 PM »
"The married father of five, who's also a devout Roman Catholic, said the scandal has taken a heavy toll on his wife and family."

Why do they keep reporting that he's a "devout Roman Catholic".  Couldn't be further from the truth.

Maybe he should have went home to "comfort his wife" six years ago, rather than whoring around.

Buzz4Prez

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »
What is even more funny about this is the Louisville fans think what he did today at the press conference was great. They think he taught the media a lesson and that this will help his recruiting because it shows he wont back down. Man those folks are nuts!

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 05:40:16 PM »
The lies that he was infering were about the video tape of his ex lovers questioning by police.

He is calling the media liars because they are reporting this breaking news of the tapes....

I cannot believe this can be good for recruiting... wow is all i have to say.  
Check it out on Sports Center

I am trying to think of something else to say, but wow...
Da Bulls

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 06:18:10 PM »
Petino continues to provide inspiration to opposing student sections across the Big East.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 07:37:08 PM »

Follow the bimbos...there are many.  For Rick to say this is all a lie when there are potentially many others bimbos dotting the landscape is a dangerous play for him. 

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 07:55:50 PM »
Follow the bimbos...there are many.  For Rick to say this is all a lie when there are potentially many others bimbos dotting the landscape is a dangerous play for him. 

He is hoping he can shout it down. That is a dangerous game to play, but unfortunately so many in sports the deny,deny, deny game. If another bimbo comes forward he is sunk.

wesmat23

• Starter
  • Veezy V G.T.S.T
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 11:03:02 PM »
I always try and give the  person the benefit of the doubt but this man is crazy and way to arrogant. He is trying to blame others for his actions. Blame the media for having to console his wife and talking about the fact she has had a few hard months, when he is the reason she feels like sh*t. Nobody that did what he did in the back of a restaurant should talk about being a "family man and devout catholic". He should be ashamed of himself and resign. Come back in a few years, let things die down and people will probably let it go. If he coaches this year I hope every arena makes him feel as immberassed and uncomfortable as possible. Should be fun to watch.

LON

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 08:38:02 AM »

Ha attack the media where did you learn that from Richard Nixon ?-( 

Did he really mention 9/11(I couldn't find anything on it)?  If he did then his new mantra should be 'a noun a verb and 9/11'

He brought it up in the initial press conference, something along the lines of (and I'm paraphrasing a great deal) if he can survive his brother (dying in the attacks) and 9/11 he can survive this...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 08:48:50 AM »
Go, Rick, go!   Keep entertaining and amusing us as the vultures circle. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 08:50:19 AM »
Rick Pitino = Gary Hart

His ego is way too large to handle this the correct way.  He should have listened to his lawyers.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 09:31:19 AM »
"We will continue to bring in Top 10 players."

he could finish the sentence:
"who are totally undisciplined and as dumb as dirt. We will continue to fold like a cheap shirt every March and have a graduation rate that is a disgrace. And I will continue to be a sleaze."

Could any state be sleazier than Kentucky, with Pitino and Calipari going after each other?

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 10:04:17 AM »
Now you know why they call him Petty-no
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 11:46:39 AM »
Of all the years for me to graduate....why did it have to be the year right before slick rick comes back to the BC after all of this.  Give em  hell Students!

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 11:49:19 AM »
Anybody hear "The Herd" today?  Collin ripped Rick a new one.  He talked about how coaches in smaller cities can intimidate and control the local media but in turn suck up to national media.  They don't need the local media, but they need to look good in the eyes of the national media.  If the local media rips a coach, the coach can shut him out and prevent access.  He said Majerus was famous for this.  The local media nicknamed him "National Rick, Local Dick."  I get the fealing TC was this same way.  Collin went on to say that Rick had lost his power over the local media by having this affair.  College coaches are used to controlling the AD, the fan base, the local media.  Now because of his own wrongdoing, slick Rick has lost this control and is thus taking it out on the local media. What a d-bag!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 12:02:05 PM »
At what point does Louisville cut ties with this guy?  I realize they have no standards but come on.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 12:44:31 PM »
At what point does Louisville cut ties with this guy?  I realize they have no standards but come on.

Well, Billy Gillispie is free  :D

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 01:55:06 PM »
Wow, berating the local media while carrying that cross sure must be tiring Pitino out....

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 01:59:31 PM »
Anybody hear "The Herd" today?  Collin ripped Rick a new one.  He talked about how coaches in smaller cities can intimidate and control the local media but in turn suck up to national media.  They don't need the local media, but they need to look good in the eyes of the national media.  If the local media rips a coach, the coach can shut him out and prevent access.  He said Majerus was famous for this.  The local media nicknamed him "National Rick, Local Dick."  I get the fealing TC was this same way.  Collin went on to say that Rick had lost his power over the local media by having this affair.  College coaches are used to controlling the AD, the fan base, the local media.  Now because of his own wrongdoing, slick Rick has lost this control and is thus taking it out on the local media. What a d-bag!

+1

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 02:00:56 PM »
As it relates to the national media, they all love Rick too, at least the WWL.

it's a joke that Pat Forde is still being called out as a voice on Slick Rick, when you consider that he co-wrote a friggin' book with him. This is the same Forde that all but pulled the blame-the-victim card last week.