Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [MUTVSports] Our Interviews and Highlights from All-Access Day  (Read 5159 times)

Brad Galli

• Scholarship Player
  • BradGalli.com
    • BradGalli.com
Last Saturday was the big All-Access Media Day. We at MUTVSports went into the incredible event with the fans in mind. We interviewed Head Coach Buzz Williams, senior Lazar Hayward, and freshman Dwight Buycks.

Follow the link to our site for the video of interviews and highlights. THEN, Check back later in the week for more of my interviews with Coach, Lazar, and Dwight. Lazar said one freshman in particular has really impressed him, Dwight talked about the competitive nature of the freshmen 7, and Coach Williams served up a heavy quote about the character of this incoming class.  
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:49:51 PM by Brad Galli »
Would be nowhere without the support of the Marquette community. Can't beat the MU family.

Rooting for Lazar, Jimmy, Steve, Wes and Dwyane always. Go Buzz.

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: [MUTVSports] Our Interviews and Highlights from All-Access Day
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 03:44:13 PM »
Last Saturday was the big All-Access Media Day. We at MUTVSports went into the incredible event with the fans in mind. We interviewed Head Coach Buzz Williams, senior Lazar Hayward, and freshman Dwight Buycks.

Follow the link to our site for the video of interviews and highlights. THEN, Check back later in the week for more of my interviews with Coach, Lazar, and Dwight. Lazar said one freshman in particular has really impressed him, Dwight talked about the competitive nature of the freshmen 7, and Coach Williams served up a heavy quote about the character of this incoming class.  

Ummmmmmmm... not quite.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Brad Galli

• Scholarship Player
  • BradGalli.com
    • BradGalli.com
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 05:54:12 PM »
I just wanted to reply to Jay Bee (and all) regarding the mistakes and oversights in my post.

This is not the first time I have made an error in my work, and I realize that is poor. I strive for perfection, and hold myself to the highest journalistic standard, and I will assure you that I will continue to double and triple check my work before submitting it. I am my own boss at MUTV, so I am my own proofreader. So even though sometimes mistakes will slide by, that is not acceptable.

That being said, I hope Jay Bee and all Marquette fans will continue to come to MUTVSports as a reliable, fact-presenting organization that is here to serve the fans and help young college students grow into professional journalists.

Mistakes like this are sloppy, and more than anything, I thank Jay Bee for being the one to point them out. I have learned from them and I will get better by avoiding them in the future.

Thanks,
Brad
Would be nowhere without the support of the Marquette community. Can't beat the MU family.

Rooting for Lazar, Jimmy, Steve, Wes and Dwyane always. Go Buzz.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 05:57:52 PM »
Brad, even if you owned a dog fighting ring, we'd give you a second chance.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 05:58:12 PM »
You don't, though, right?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »
Brad, even if you owned a dog fighting ring, we'd give you a second chance.

Unless you transferred to Indiana of course.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »
I am probably going to sound like an ass, but those mistakes are inexcusable. Either a) you dont follow the program close enough to report on it, or b) you are too careless/lazy to do the proper research and fact checking.

In addition, you have yet to change it on the mutvsports.com blog...

If you want to be considered a real journalist, you need to be more thorough in our work.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 08:24:23 PM »
I am probably going to sound like an ass, but those mistakes are inexcusable. Either a) you dont follow the program close enough to report on it, or b) you are too careless/lazy to do the proper research and fact checking.

If you want to be considered a real journalist, you need to be more thorough in our work.

Jeez...making a late bid for DB of the week?  The guy pretty much beat himself up over it in a public forum.  That's why they are students...they are learning.  Piling on is really poor taste.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »

Jeez...making a late bid for DB of the week?  The guy pretty much beat himself up over it in a public forum.  That's why they are students...they are learning.  Piling on is really poor taste.

I stand by what I said.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 09:02:35 PM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 11:04:13 PM »
Short version: If Brad is a friend of Leif B., then he's a friend to me.

E-mail me anything you wish and I will be your proofreader.  180 proof.   

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 08:31:01 AM »
I stand by what I said.

Yikes.

That's a lot of vile you're carrying for a student reporter. He mixed up "frosh." and "newcomer". I'm not sure it's the crime of the century that you are making it out to be.

Hell, the USA Today article had more errors in it.

Brad, keep up the good work.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 08:54:24 AM »

You should take "probably" out of that first sentence. You definitely come off as an ass with a bitter taste.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 09:00:38 AM »
I just think that, if you are going to cover a team, you should get the facts straight. Look up the roster, or proofread. I think it looks bad, that the University sponsored coverage, cant take the time to get the facts right.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 09:52:42 AM »
More people are looking down upon YOU than him.

He made a mistake and owned up to it.  I'll bet you've made mistakes not just when you were a student, but later in your career. 

The coverage MUTV gave us last year added another dimension of coverage for our passion, and if it comes with a few mistakes, that's fine.  They are students, they are learning, and the focus should be on constructive criticism, not douchebottelry.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 10:13:54 AM »
My constructive criticism, is that he should be more thorough in his work. You have your approach, I have mine. 

He has owned up to it, but still has yet to change it on the site.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2009, 10:39:11 AM »
Big bleeping deal, the kid made a minor error. I think people on this board forget that not everyone (Marquette students and even sports reporters) make it their life to know every detail of Marquette's basketball program. Heck, we all are a little bit crazy, constantly checking this site during the summer months when there is very little to talk about. At least he owned up to the mistake immediately and didn't shy away from it. He'll be better when the season actually draws close.

Besides, he's a communications student, how high of standards can you have?
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2009, 11:09:33 AM »
At least he owned up to the mistake immediately and didn't shy away from it.

+1
That shows he cares and is willing to do better.

If I am not mistaken major publications like the NY Times and others have a "corrections" (or something like that) section for mistakes that were overlooked in the editing process until a reader calls them out on it.  Those that make those mistakes are longtime professionals, this is a student (still growing and working on craft) working during the summer for a winter sport so I'll let a few mistakes pass and applaud his taking responsibility and fixing what was mistaken.  
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:49:35 AM by pillardean »
Marquette University, Spring '08

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 03:17:13 PM »
Easy man.  The dude made an error on 1 word.  There are authors who get paid to write articles, books, magazines, etc. with paid editors who still make more mistakes than that.  How often does Sports Illustrated have to apologize for labeling a picture wrong, etc.?  The unpaid journalist without an editor isn't allowed 1 error for his free interviews, even after he owns up to it?  Ridiculous.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 07:18:08 PM »
Easy man.  The dude made an error on 1 word.  There are authors who get paid to write articles, books, magazines, etc. with paid editors who still make more mistakes than that.  How often does Sports Illustrated have to apologize for labeling a picture wrong, etc.?  The unpaid journalist without an editor isn't allowed 1 error for his free interviews, even after he owns up to it?  Ridiculous.

To be clear, it was not an error on '1 word'.  He called Dwight a freshman and referred to the freshman 7.  Now, if someone were to call everything in the world an 'orange', would you say they just made "an error on 1 word"?  Stop the talk on '1 error' -- inconsistent with the facts and suggests the errorS were due to typos. 

feedback