collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Dwyane Wade will be a Chicago Bull in 2010  (Read 12494 times)

MU_Iceman

• Team Captain
Re: Dwyane Wade will be a Chicago Bull in 2010
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 11:08:53 AM »
I think Wade to Bulls is highly unlikely and even if it did happen, I dont' think it would be a good fit unless Wade can transition to a true 2 guard. D Rose is going to be our primary ball handler and facilitator for a number of years.

This statement hits the nail on the head...I LOVE Wade, I was along for the ride while he was donning the MU colors, but I'm also a Chicago boy and an avid Bulls fan and I honestly don't think that Wade and Rose would be as effective together as others seem to think.

Both players, Dwyane and Derrick, are at their best when the ball is in THEIR HANDS.  Wade creates his own scoring opportunities far better than he moves without the ball.  And Rose is a true drive and kick point guard.  Rose needs a player who can stand on the perimeter and knock down treys...that's not Dwyane.

As much as I would LOVE to see D-Wade in a Bulls jersey, i think it's far-fetched and has the potential to be a bit of a bust...for his sake, I hope the Heat put all the right tools around him (maybe Bosh or Stoudamire - whichever the bulls don't get) so he can continue his success in Miami...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 11:24:07 AM »
I fully understand the why Wade wouldn’t leave Miami, mainly the weather and women.  Up until recently I figured it was wishful thinking to believe Wade would leave.  However, over the past few weeks, there’s been a lot of talk about how Riley won’t make any moves until Wade re-signs, and Wade seems to feel that Riley should do something to prove that the Heat are trying to win now before he signs.  Now Wade is stepping up and showing that he’s not going to get jerked around by Riley.  There’s been talk about Miami getting Bosh and re-signing Wade next year, which would seem to be more than enough to get Wade to stay, but with the recent salary cap change, I don’t know if that’s fiscally possible.  (Maybe it is, I know Jermaine O’neal comes off the books but I’m not a salary cap expert.)  Either way, with the exception of Wade, the Heat are a joke.  Wade is a one man show over there.

That being said, Wade’s main reason to leave isn’t going to be about money, it’s going to be about winning.  Lebron and Kobe are going to be playing in the final 4 of the NBA for years to come.  Carmelo Anthony hasn’t reached his full potential, he’s the same age as Lebron, and as long as Denver has Chauncy Billups, the Nuggets will be playing late in the playoffs too.  Same with the Magic and Howard.  I don’t think Wade is going to take kindly to watching his cronies getting it done in the playoffs, while he’s watching on tv after a first round loss, in which he did all the work.  Even if he’s watching from a sweet club, with a bunch fine women by a beach, I’d think he’d rather be playing.  Unless the Heat get another major FA, Wade will continue to carry a hapless team to the first round and get knocked out for years to come, while all his pals are playing deep into the playoffs, and this is what potentially will be his undoing in Miami.

While the Bulls aren’t anything special as they stand, if they added Wade they could compete for the East.  Miami has some obvious advantages to Chicago, but in terms of free agent destinations, the Chi is legit.  Benny the Bull and Jerry Krause aren’t going to be waiting for Wade at the airport, so people can stop bringing that up.  It’s his home town, there’s plenty of endorsement opportunities, and considering the economy is in the tank, the Bulls are doing just as well financially as any team in terms of attendance.  It’s a world-class city, its biggest fault is the weather.  (I’m not getting in to a tax discussion, plus he’s rich as is.)

In terms of options for winning, the Bulls present one of the best opportunities, mainly bc of Rose.  Rose will be the best pg in the league in 3 or 4 years.  People forget he was 19 in the playoffs, playing the hardest position to learn as a young player.   He is bigger, stronger, and faster than Williams or Paul.  Rose has performed at a much higher level, at an earlier age than Williams or Paul considering they played 3 and 2 years of college.  I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’ll be one of the best players in the league in a few years.  I guess my point is, if winning is his main goal, there aren’t many other teams that seem more appealing than the Bulls.  He’ll be in the same lousy position if he goes to the Knicks as he is in Miami.  So if the Heat don’t get something done around him, the Bulls are going the major player in the Wade sweepstakes.

I am not saying the Heat are the 86 Celtics, but I like their chances to building winner over the next few years.  With a bit of seasoning I think you can go to war with a core of Beasley, Chalmers, and Wade.  Orlando has Howard, a freak athelte with a basketball IQ of a 3rd grader, Rashard Lewis who actually surprised me in the playoffs, but is still a 6'10" forward who refuses to play inside, and Vince Carters' corpse.  Same with Denver, you have Melo, an elderly Billups, the Birdman, and Nene.  And Cleveland has LeBron, a 40 year old Shaq, and they just gave Varejo, yes Anderson Varejo an obscene contract.  The Celtics will be toast in 2 years with Pierce, KG, Ray Allen, and Wallace all retiring.  

And like oldwarrior said, leaving $34 million dollars, plus the lack of income tax in Florida, lets say another $12 million (9% of $130 million deal), so over $40 million dollars, at the chance the Bulls could net him another few rings.  Risky to say the least.

I think the East will be wide open enough for Wade to stay in Miami, in my uninformed opinion.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 11:11:38 AM »
MU_Iceman has some people that agree with him that Dwyane Wade wouldn't be an ideal fit in Chicago.  Although I don't think there's a team in the NBA that wouldn't sign him if given the chance.

http://www.rootzoo.com/articles/view/NBA-Basketball/Chicago-Bulls/Bulls-Would-be-Wise-to-Avoid-Wade_14965

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »
I think of Miami being alot like Vegas... it's fun as hell, and a great place to vacation, but you can only handle 3-4 days!  I think Tim Hardaway would be a great person to interview to get his opinion of being a Chicago native that is playing in Miami.  I wonder if he would have come to the his hometown Chicago Bulls if given the chance?

except Tim Hardaway isn't from Chicago.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 12:19:31 PM »
except Tim Hardaway isn't from Chicago.

Tim Hardaway was born and raised in Chicago.  I've seen him twice at the White Castles down the street from my house in the 1990's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hardaway
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:22:19 PM by TomW1365 »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »
Interesting reading some of the back and forth on this. When I worked for the team, it was in the midst of the 2000 free agent frenzy with Grant Hill, Tim Duncan, Eddie Jones, etc. I wasn't with Krause at the airport hugging McGrady, but I got to assist with some of the Eddie Jones and T-Mac pursuit.

In my opinion, and from what I've heard, Wade will not be a Bull in '10 and beyond. Chris Bosh on the other hand...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »
Interesting reading some of the back and forth on this. When I worked for the team, it was in the midst of the 2000 free agent frenzy with Grant Hill, Tim Duncan, Eddie Jones, etc. I wasn't with Krause at the airport hugging McGrady, but I got to assist with some of the Eddie Jones and T-Mac pursuit.

In my opinion, and from what I've heard, Wade will not be a Bull in '10 and beyond. Chris Bosh on the other hand...

Is Chris Bosh a max contract deserving player?  I am not informed enough to make a valid opinion.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 01:07:48 PM »
Tim Hardaway was born and raised in Chicago.  I've seen him twice at the White Castles down the street from my house in the 1990's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hardaway

well, in my face.

for some reason I thought he was from the Milwaukee area... wonder if I was thinking of someone else.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 01:12:17 PM »
well, in my face.

for some reason I thought he was from the Milwaukee area... wonder if I was thinking of someone else.

You thinking of 'Spree?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »
maybe... was there a guy from Racine???

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 01:21:10 PM »

You have to be thinking of Nick Van Exel out of Kenosha.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »
You have to be thinking of Nick Van Exel out of Kenosha.

aha!  thats it!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »

Caron Butler?