[Today at 04:46:28 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[Today at 04:22:26 PM]

2024 Scoop Art Competition by Skatastrophy
[Today at 09:53:42 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[June 10, 2024, 10:45:56 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NBA GMs Obviously Didn't Value...  (Read 7790 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
NBA GMs Obviously Didn't Value...
« on: June 26, 2009, 12:12:23 AM »
the Marquette seniors like some of us did.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Markusquette

• All American
Re: NBA GMs Obviously Didn't Value...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 12:57:11 AM »
the only player I really thought had a good chance was Jerel by we were proved wrong

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 01:45:14 AM »
On one side, it's troubling that a guy can break a 40 year old scoring record and not get drafted.

On the other, all three guys have major weaknesses in their games that would only be magnified on the next level.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »
McNeal measuring in at 6ft 1 as a shooting guard was not a good thing.  Wes had a ball handling issue and James should have left after freshman year.  But when guys from the Congo are getting selected in the first round, who knows what it comes down to. 

McNeal and Matthews will probably do the NBDL or Europe thing, and I hope Buzz takes on DJ as an assistant.  Watching DJ handle the TC departure and his late season injury problem, I gained the utmost respect for his attitude. 

Good luck to all.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 08:17:05 AM »
McNeal measuring in at 6ft 1 as a shooting guard was not a good thing.  Wes had a ball handling issue and James should have left after freshman year.  But when guys from the Congo are getting selected in the first round, who knows what it comes down to. 

McNeal and Matthews will probably do the NBDL or Europe thing, and I hope Buzz takes on DJ as an assistant.  Watching DJ handle the TC departure and his late season injury problem, I gained the utmost respect for his attitude. 

Good luck to all.

The guy from Congo is a freak athlete.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 10:36:20 AM »
Bottom line and many may not want to hear it but the reason Jerel did not get drafted is no ones fault but Jerels.  Jerel is as poor a decision maker as I have ever seen in collge basketball.  And that is a huge huge statement but it is dead nuts seriously true.  His decision making was so incredibly woeful that he bacame hard to watch for me.  he as a senior in coolege had the decision making prowess of a middle school aau player. I will be the first to say he got better but he was still simply terrible....many many mnay poor shot selection decisions even though more of them went in this year... the Nova game and and others will simply turn off GM's.  He was an absolute trainwreck in transition with the ball.

Had he played on a more talented team where he did not absolutely have to be on the court and was subbed for every time he made such a stupid deciosn he would have been forced to be a smarter player but he never did and had probaly the worst basketball IQ in collge basketball the last 3-4 years.   bottom line is there were alot of guards drafted at the end of the draft that were similar players to McNeal and actaully maybe lesser players in many areas but I know and beleive that his horrendous decision making kept him from gettign drafted

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 12:03:32 PM »
Bottom line and many may not want to hear it but the reason Jerel did not get drafted is no ones fault but Jerels.  Jerel is as poor a decision maker as I have ever seen in collge basketball.  And that is a huge huge statement but it is dead nuts seriously true.  His decision making was so incredibly woeful that he bacame hard to watch for me.  he as a senior in coolege had the decision making prowess of a middle school aau player. I will be the first to say he got better but he was still simply terrible....many many mnay poor shot selection decisions even though more of them went in this year... the Nova game and and others will simply turn off GM's.  He was an absolute trainwreck in transition with the ball.

Had he played on a more talented team where he did not absolutely have to be on the court and was subbed for every time he made such a stupid deciosn he would have been forced to be a smarter player but he never did and had probaly the worst basketball IQ in collge basketball the last 3-4 years.   bottom line is there were alot of guards drafted at the end of the draft that were similar players to McNeal and actaully maybe lesser players in many areas but I know and beleive that his horrendous decision making kept him from gettign drafted

Seriously?

If you want to blast Jerel, go ahead, let it rip.

But, to say his decision making is the same as a middle school player is incredibly hypocritical considering your post has more than 10 spelling and grammatical errors.

Your writing has "bacame"(sic) hard for me to read.

If you have a couple of errors here or there... no big deal. But, this has been an ongoing pattern since you started posting here.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 12:06:27 PM »
Seriously?

But, to say his decision making is the same as a middle school player is incredibly hypocritical considering your post has more than 10 spelling and grammatical errors.

Seriously???  Message board spelling and grammar slams???

Weak.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »
too much time on your hands

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 12:28:44 PM »
Rip me if you want... but it's hard to take somebody seriously when they can't write.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 12:41:53 PM »

Seriously???  Message board spelling and grammar slams???

Weak.

Typos are one thing.  Inability to effectively communicate your thoughts because you're too lazy to click the spell check button?  That takes the decision making prowess of a middle schooler. ;)

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »
Seriously?

Your writing has "bacame"(sic) hard for me to read.

If you have a couple of errors here or there... no big deal. But, this has been an ongoing pattern since you started posting here.

wow did you seriously just take 5 minutes out of your life to point out to me that i make typing mistakes?  Wow thnaks dood!

thatman32

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 12:56:55 PM »
Hayward I like your posts but seriously you do need to spell check since this is getting out of hand.  

You might want to try typing your message in MS Word and cut paste the thing after your done rereading it and doing spell check.  

People won't take you seriously if you have too many errors. ::)

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 01:01:08 PM »
Bottom line and many may not want to hear it but the reason Jerel did not get drafted is no ones fault but Jerels.  Jerel is as poor a decision maker as I have ever seen in collge basketball.  And that is a huge huge statement but it is dead nuts seriously true.  His decision making was so incredibly woeful that he bacame hard to watch for me.  he as a senior in coolege had the decision making prowess of a middle school aau player. I will be the first to say he got better but he was still simply terrible....many many mnay poor shot selection decisions even though more of them went in this year... the Nova game and and others will simply turn off GM's.  He was an absolute trainwreck in transition with the ball.

Had he played on a more talented team where he did not absolutely have to be on the court and was subbed for every time he made such a stupid deciosn he would have been forced to be a smarter player but he never did and had probaly the worst basketball IQ in collge basketball the last 3-4 years.   bottom line is there were alot of guards drafted at the end of the draft that were similar players to McNeal and actaully maybe lesser players in many areas but I know and beleive that his horrendous decision making kept him from gettign drafted

Which is why he was a second team all-american, right?  

I don't disagree that Jerel plays out of control at times-- and that his size is a problem for his pro aspirations, but your post is absurd.  The "worst college basketball IQ in the last 3-4 years"?  How do you measure that?  

I don't think you can be as bad as you paint JM and consistently play at such a high level.  Sorry.  

I get that you were annoyed with the TOs and some of the choices he made with the ball, but he was still clearly the best player at MU.  

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »
Rip me if you want... but it's hard to take somebody seriously when they can't write.

On the other hand, you seem to use perfect grammar.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 01:11:50 PM »
I get that you were annoyed with the TOs and some of the choices he made with the ball, but he was still clearly the best player at MU.  

I certainly hope you are qualifying that statement with some sort of timeframe, because I don't think you mean that he was the best ever at MU right???

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 01:16:47 PM »
wow did you seriously just take 5 minutes out of your life to point out to me that i make typing mistakes?  Wow thnaks dood!

doesn't take 5min.

I can read, so I could see most of the misspellings immediately.

And don't be so offended. If you can blast Jerel for not making good decisions in a split second on a fast break, why can't you be criticized for your lack of spelling and grammar?

Jerel's turnovers were an issue that he didn't seem to improve upon, right?

Well, in 1100 posts, you still don't seem to spell check.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:20:39 PM by 2002mualum »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 01:19:47 PM »
On the other hand, you seem to use perfect grammar.

Nope.

I definitely don't.

If you re-read my post, I even said:

"If you have a couple of errors here or there... no big deal. But, this has been an ongoing pattern since you started posting here."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 01:23:06 PM »
doesn't take 5min.

And don't be so offended. If you can blast Jerel for not making good decisions in a split second on a fast break, why can't you be criticized for your lack of spelling and grammar?

Because this isn't a message board about Mr. Hayward and his spelling and grammar?  (Duh???)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »

Because this isn't a message board about Mr. Hayward and his spelling and grammar?  (Duh???)

HA!

Zing.

Maybe the mods will have to add a separate board for that.

Ok, well, maybe you're right. I'll get off of the spelling stuff.

Just bothers me to see a 22 year old kid get ripped when the writer can't even take the time to proof his post.

But, I'm done now. Let's just drop it.

If I have a problem with Hayward's spelling, I'll send him a PM next time.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack.

Back to debating the draft...

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 03:02:04 PM »

I certainly hope you are qualifying that statement with some sort of timeframe, because I don't think you mean that he was the best ever at MU right???

No, I like McNeal, but I don't think he's best player ever at MU.  He was the best player over the last 3 years. 

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 03:12:02 PM »
Its just hard to see over sea player one after another get drafted and actually think these guys are better players then McNeal.

I personally think what NBA GMs look for has gone FAR from the best actual NBA player in the second round, and more into the "lets get this guy who has tremendous upside, but we have to coach him for 4 years for it to happen".... and I would be willing to bet that of the over sea players drafted in the past 10-15 years... less then 10% have produced.  Seriously Phoenix... will Emir Preldzic produce?  Or Sergiy Gladyr pan out for the Hawks... heck no... it has gotten far out of hand when I can't pronounce the names of around 40% of the players drafted in the second round. 
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 04:22:20 PM »
doesn't take 5min.

Jerel's turnovers were an issue that he didn't seem to improve upon, right?

Well, in 1100 posts, you still don't seem to spell check.

honestly,

if me misspelling became as "bacame"  or college as "collge" or decisions as "decisons"  makes my posts "hard to read" or hard to comprehend then i seriously question your intelligence. 

Sure 5 year old children list out every single letter and sound them out to read the word.  But most people over the age of 5 simply sight read and have very littel trouble realizing that "littel" is "little"  they dont stutter and stammer and lose the entire context or comprehension of the point due to a letter being out of place. 

I have watched streaming audio before on televisions with mute on and see all the spelling translation mistakes as words are spelled out phonetically and have no problem with the word or following the meaning and intent.   If you cant hang with my posts and they are simply too much for you i suggest you dont reed them.  I sure hope you dont text message....lol oops, sorry  that stands for laff out loud

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 04:57:54 PM »
I blame Tom Crean.

Everything else is his fault, why not this?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »
I sure hope you dont text message....lol oops, sorry  that stands for laff out loud

I understand. I'm not trying to be the gramyr polise.

But, please understand the irony and/or hypocrisy of critiquing a player's split second decision on a fast break, and not taking 5 seconds to run spell check.

Jerel is going up against 7 footers on the break. I'm pretty sure nobody is guarding your keyboard while you type.

Take a second and proof it, homeboy. Show off that MU education.

EDIT FOR GRAMMAR: player's not players
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:09:14 PM by 2002mualum »

feedback