collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Thats it, Ive seen it all  (Read 1535 times)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Thats it, Ive seen it all
« on: June 11, 2009, 09:37:57 AM »
Yesterday the high school I work at's baseball team was playing in sectionals (We are the defending state champions in baseball).  They won the first game without much problem so it was off to the second game and the sectional final.  Playing a very good team, we were down 6-2 going into the bottom of the 7th (mind you, we are also being 1 hit).  We score 1 and get runners on second and third with 1 out before they take out their pitcher and bring in their ace (who threw 6 innings of no hit baseball the game before).  Walk, Hit Batter(Score now becomes 6-4), Sac Fly(Score 6-5, 2 outs), Double(Score 6-6, 2 outs, runners on 2nd and 3rd, Sophomore up to bat)... base hit line drive over 2nd baseman... game over... chaos.  Parents are crying from emotion, kids are crying from emotion... unreal experience to be a part of.

Off to Appleton now...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:40:40 AM by Mayor McCheese »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Robyrd5

• Scholarship Player
Re: Thats it, Ive seen it all
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:55:16 AM »
That's a neat story. Moments like that one are why I love sports. Good luck the rest of the way!

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 04:46:46 PM »
You gotta love moments like this and savor them forever....what a memory to relive in one's old age. :)

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 11:39:42 PM »
Sounds all too much like my 2004 IHSA baseball finals.  My team came back from down 7 runs in the 6th to win the semis and then went on to win the title.  We scored two runs on a full count, two out single in the bottom of the 7th by our Chicago Tribune and Sun Times POY.  An absolute blast that was full of madness after the final out (strikeout looking, the best way to end it if you're the one winning it).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 11:42:12 PM by eaglewarrior08 »

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 08:53:35 AM »
You gotta love moments like this and savor them forever....what a memory to relive in one's old age. :)

Unless you're the opposing pitcher/team/coach.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

feedback