Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DWade interviewed on SportsCenter  (Read 4490 times)

Wade for President

• All American
DWade interviewed on SportsCenter
« on: January 30, 2007, 07:33:34 AM »
Stuart Scott interviewed the Miami hero to talk about a bunch of different things.  First asked #3 his feelings on the game, and allegiance to the Bears.  Then asked him about this season's struggles for the Miami Heat.

Stuart then said he knew Sunday was a big day with the SuperBowl and his son Zaire's birthday...but Saturday was a big day for Wade to have his jersey retired at Marquette.

Dwyane went on to say that he was surprised when he got the call from Coach.  Said it had be a busy 4 years and mentioned that he was still working on getting his diploma. 

Wade said it will be a tremendous honor to have his jersey retired with the nine previous one's.  Touched on Marquette's rich basketball history and how much he enjoyed his experience there.

GREAT pr for Marquette.  He is the face of our university right now...whether some people like or not.  Tremendous endorser for MU.

Wade for President!

*It was kind of funny when he was talking about the SuperBowl, Wade said he likes his "Gatorade buddy", Peyton....but Sunday, the Bears are going to win the SuperBowl.

Bear Down!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:35:41 AM by Wade for President »

AlumKCof93

• All American
Re: DWade interviewed on SportsCenter
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:00:34 AM »
Why would people not want Wade to be the face of MU?  He handles himself well in every situation he's been in, had gret success and was just named SI Man of the Year. 
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 11:05:27 AM »
I was more or less suggesting those in the academic community that might not admit that a NBA basketball player is the face of our university right now...and not the education, beautification of the campus, etc.

I'm not dismissing MU's academic image by any means.

Clearly Wade is Marquette's biggest cheerleader and biggest advocate (he's like a walking MU commercial)....hence retiring his jersey before he graduates (very unusual in collegiate athletics).

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 11:10:38 AM »
DWade is amazing!! the fact he's raising a family, talking up Marquette whenever someone asks him abt anything that is remotely related to it, and is one of the truely dominant NBA players now, there's no reason not to love this guy...and he is coming back to finish his degree when he can which is great, especially since he left early so he could support his family

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »
Not only is he the face of MU, the NBA should want him as the face of the NBA, when have you heard about him getting in trouble with the law (and he lives in Miami!), he handles himself on the court like a professional, and is just a great pr guy.  Love the man
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 01:40:01 PM »
Everyone wants DWade to be the face of everything.  Marquette, Miami, the NBA, not to mention DWade the new face of Real Chili, the new face of EconoPrint, the new face of the Bush administration.

And now, introducing the new face of MUScoop.com: DWade.   8)

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 01:42:23 PM »
I wonder if DWade uses MUScoop / Cracked Sidewalks to get any insider MU info?  He could be reading what every one of us posts...

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »
I wonder if DWade uses MUScoop / Cracked Sidewalks to get any insider MU info?  He could be reading what every one of us posts...

If thats true.....

Dear Dwyane...err Mr. Wade,

This is to inform you that I would like to be your new best friend.  We already have a connection as that one time we talked in the elevator in Humphries for like 30 seconds.  Also I can babysit Zaire if needed especially since he is past the diaper stage.  Also I have no issue letting the females down "easy" that you have to reject because you are happily married.  Also I have been told I am extremely entertaining when drunk.  Just think about it, could be great.

::) :P
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MonsterWebWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 07:44:54 PM »
If Marquette auctioned off the 4 seats directly next to Dwyane Wade's seat on Saturday, how much would you pay for those?  $1000?  $5000?  More?
"We need to get back to eating hamburgers."  - Buzz Williams

Warrior

• Team Captain

MonsterWebWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 08:18:32 PM »
Wow, I think those are REALLY close.  Doesn't Marquette usually put their guests of honor in row AA of that section?  I seem to remember Travis Diener sitting there last year for Diener Day.  I think Crean's wife also sits there too.  Hmmm... should I buy...
"We need to get back to eating hamburgers."  - Buzz Williams

SoCalstu09

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 09:13:16 PM »
To get back to the "face of MU" and how some of the academia people could be frustrated that Dwyane, a guy that never graduated, could be its face.

I was walking through the library today, and as you walk in the FRONT DOOR, there is a poster in the glass case that has Dwyane (holding a basketball) next to one of his previous teachers (holding a book). It is obviously sponsored by the university and looks very professional. It's interesting how they are using him to advocate every area of the school, INCLUDING academics.

Also, where does Wade get the time to take pictures with old teachers?? What commitment to the school!
"I think the world is run by C students."- Al McGuire

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 09:35:16 PM »
The impact Dwyane has had is probably immeasurable, and by that I mean incredible.  If MU holds it's enrollment steady, it can afford to be more selective in the admissions process because record numbers of students are applying in part because of the final four fallout/continuing "Wade Effect."  This means MU admits students with higher test scores, which increases it's US News ranking and so on.  And you have to figure apparel sales are through the roof too.  Also, I doubt that all of the Big Three would be here right now were it not for D-Wade, so it's probably pretty hard to exaggerate the impact he has had on MU athletics OR academics.

mugrad99

• Team Captain
Marquette Magazine had that article
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 06:13:54 AM »
Just skimmed the article, I think Wade is a focal point of the NBA's read to achieve program.  He brought his former English Teacher in.  I believe Dwyane said his favorite book was Pride and Prejudice.

feedback