'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette's Matthews says Badgers don't fit Blue  (Read 10348 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: Marquette's Matthews says Badgers don't fit Blue
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 08:21:33 AM »
I'm going with bma on this one.  Would not be surprised to see a year of prep school followed by enrollment at MU.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 08:36:57 AM »
I'm going with bma on this one.  Would not be surprised to see a year of prep school followed by enrollment at MU.

I don't know, I could see the appeal of that, but I get the impression that getting another state championship at Memorial might be a big motivation for Blue.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 09:15:25 AM »
I don't know, I could see the appeal of that, but I get the impression that getting another state championship at Memorial might be a big motivation for Blue.

Doesn't prep school usually come after your senior season in high school?

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 09:23:39 AM »
Was that after he already signed with UW?  I don't recall the timeline, but I thought Harris didn't really explode until his Sr. year due to injuries.  What were his other offers at the time he signed with UW?

That is my point. He blew up his Sr. yr. He was a virtual unknown before that and was already going to UW.
But I like to throw handfuls...

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 10:06:52 AM »
Doesn't prep school usually come after your senior season in high school?

Not sure, but I think you can enter prep school and use it as your hioghschool or take a post graduate year after high school.  Anyone?

bma725

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 10:17:45 AM »
Not sure, but I think you can enter prep school and use it as your hioghschool or take a post graduate year after high school.  Anyone?

Depends on the school, but yes. 

It actually happened this year with Lazar's old school Notre Dame Prep.  Two Milwaukee kids, Johnny Lacy of Bay View and Calvin Godfrey of Custer, decided to leave and play out there rather than stay in MPS because they wanted to improve their chances for qualifying(and not suffer the same fate as Dwight Buycks).  Lacy is doing his senior year and Godfrey will actually spend his junior and senior year out there.

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 12:25:43 PM »
He has a brother, Carl, who is doing just fine in the NBA. Given, Carl is better, but Marcus has that type of potential as well.

Carl went to Purdue.  The point that UW players don't stand out still stands.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 01:33:34 PM »
If only everyone, not just stud ballers, had the chance to escape MPS. I'd consider selling a kidney to get my kids out of that abyss.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • āœ… Verified Member
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 02:13:27 PM »
If only everyone, not just stud ballers, had the chance to escape MPS. I'd consider selling a kidney to get my kids out of that abyss.

The only reason to live in Milwaukee County is if you can't live without paying outrageous property taxes and getting nothing in return.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 03:21:47 PM »
So are people thinking that there was any legitimacy to the "Vander Blue won't qualify" rumor. With no actual information I'm more inclined to follow my gut and say that was the rantings of the jilted lovers over in the People's Republic of Madison.

Chili

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 03:25:36 PM »
The only reason to live in Milwaukee County is if you can't live without paying outrageous property taxes and getting nothing in return.

Or you find places outside the city boring as sin and as stale as white bread. I grew up in Waukesha and New Berlin and wouldn't be caught dead living back out in those places.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 03:40:53 PM »
Or you find places outside the city boring as sin and as stale as white bread. I grew up in Waukesha and New Berlin and wouldn't be caught dead living back out in those places.

So you live in Milwaukee?

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 04:29:14 PM »

Get to the suburbs man. Brookfield, MF the Quon Gtown or even the North Shore -you're still in MKE county but the schools are infinitely better- (just don't go south or to the Dirty Stallis) or anything.

Chili forgets that even in the burbs you're only 20-45 mins away from the city (pending traffic) so it being bored as sin can be fixed with a short car ride.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 04:40:57 PM »
MPS is so fugged up.   It starts with the culture in the "ghetto" neighborhoods.    They place more value on looking tight, etc. then education.  I'm working with some inner city youths this summer and it's appaling to see the living conditions.   A different world once you hit 50th and whatever. 

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 04:43:48 PM »

It's called "open enrollment," but you'll find some MPS schools are impressive.  We compared apples to apples, as far as the type of student each school gets, and found plenty that faired better than many of the suburbs.  Suburbs just get more impressive students.  The diversity and personalization some of the charter schools provide is amazing...and some are just scary bad...

I was thrilled to hear how much they're paying their search firm to find a new superintendent.  What a joke.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 05:02:44 PM »
Get to the suburbs man. Brookfield, MF the Quon Gtown or even the North Shore -you're still in MKE county

?
Brookfield is in Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls straddles both Waukesha and Washington Counties, Mequon is in Ozaukee County and Germantown is in Washington County. 
Ludum habemus.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 05:15:56 PM »
<-------- Loves Oak Creek

Chili

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 05:16:37 PM »
Get to the suburbs man. Brookfield, MF the Quon Gtown or even the North Shore -you're still in MKE county but the schools are infinitely better- (just don't go south or to the Dirty Stallis) or anything.

Chili forgets that even in the burbs you're only 20-45 mins away from the city (pending traffic) so it being bored as sin can be fixed with a short car ride.

I like walking and cabbing to places I go. The suburbs sucked. I can't even stand going out to see my parents for more than day. BORING!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 05:52:47 PM »
<-------- Loves Oak Creek

OCCP, yeah you know me.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 07:09:11 PM »
It's called "open enrollment," but you'll find some MPS schools are impressive.  We compared apples to apples, as far as the type of student each school gets, and found plenty that faired better than many of the suburbs.  Suburbs just get more impressive students.  The diversity and personalization some of the charter schools provide is amazing...and some are just scary bad...

I was thrilled to hear how much they're paying their search firm to find a new superintendent.  What a joke.

I'd call it school choice but we aren't allowed to talk about that here.   >:(

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 07:32:56 PM »
I like walking and cabbing to places I go. The suburbs sucked. I can't even stand going out to see my parents for more than day. BORING!

+1
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

muole

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 07:43:02 PM »
i think wes just said what pretty much EVERYBODY that has been following this story has been thinking.  i love it.  let the memorial pipeline continue

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »
Does anyone think that if we managed to create a Madison Memorial "Pipeline" that someone would call foul and some kind of official bureaucratic inquisition launched?

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2009, 07:48:51 PM »
He has a brother, Carl, who is doing just fine in the NBA. Given, Carl is better, but Marcus has that type of potential as well.

You have got to be kidding me.  Marcus Landry can't even sniff his brothers talent.  Nothing against Marcus, but he was a slightly above average Big Ten forward.  You are a terrible judge of talent.  He absolutely does not have that type of potential...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:50:24 PM by schubert33 »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2009, 09:10:37 PM »
So you live in Milwaukee?

My sis in law lives in the Jackson Park neighborhood of Milwaukee.  Real nice roomy house in a good neighborhood.  She's close to everything.  More house than she could ever have in the suburbs.

But she has no kids.

If you like the city living, and don't have to worry about MPS because you have no kids or can afford private schools, there are many nice neighborhoods throughout Milwaukee.

feedback