Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue has news conference tonight  (Read 6572 times)

lurch91

• All American
Re: Blue has news conference tonight
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
Ummm - why prep school and not just finish his senior year at Memorial and go for back to back state championships? The kid is doing fine as a student.

Because he just decommitted to the big State school, which just happens to be across the street.  With how the Badger faithful behaved the last week, I wouldn't put it past some to just show up at his games to heckle him.  Prep out of state would allow him to finish his high school eligiblity without the Badger asshats treating him like roadkill.

Although at the same time they would say, Bo had cooled on him......
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 01:22:43 PM by lurch91 »

bma725

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 01:22:12 PM »
bma: Do you (or does the Recruiting Planet piece) mean that he might no longer be considering MU, and has Syracuse and UConn as his two top new choices? Might Blue see MU as too bitter a rival of UW and now just wants a complete change of scenery? The unfortunate part of that is MU would play against him more than if he went to UW.

Here's the main part of the post:  

To avoid any potential conflict with his friends at Marquette and family here in Madison, Vander is really looking into his out of state options....This past season, his favorite college player was Johnny Flynn, so he has intrest[sic] in Syracuse if they are interested in him. Also via his AAU coach, he said that Uconn has expressed some intrest[sic] in him, and Vander likes that idea also.

It doesn't say we've been eliminated, but tons of schools out of state are going to be looking at the kid, and if he wants to leave he'll have an opportunity to go pretty much anywhere.  It also didn't say that UW was completely out, just that they would have to work to get him back in the fold.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 04:17:56 PM »
Who is this kid? Is he really important enough to warrant a full-on press conference?
We Are Marquette

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 04:24:03 PM »
Who is this kid? Is he really important enough to warrant a full-on press conference?

Knida what I was thinking...I hope he has something more to say than, "I'm going to Wisconsin," or, "I'm not going to Wisconsin."

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 04:31:20 PM »

Anyone can call a press conference, it is up to the press whether to attend or not.  Given the coverage this has gotten from various basketball outlets it seems that it is warranted. 

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »
Odds on favorite for Wisconsin's Mr Basketball 2010, one of the top players nationally, and heard he's working on the bank bailout.

Blue might be guilty of an ego, but the media that is planning on showing up for this new conference is just as guilty for feeding it.  Besides, if a reporter in my home town butchered my character and reputation in a news article, I would certainly want to set the record straight.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 04:35:37 PM »
Anyone can call a press conference, it is up to the press whether to attend or not.  Given the coverage this has gotten from various basketball outlets it seems that it is warranted. 

I think a facebook/twitter update is adaquet. 
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Silky

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2009, 04:39:57 PM »
I still he thinks he stays at UW.  The pressure from his mother to stay is too much as she has to live in Madison and doesn't need the hassle. 

deep vacuum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 05:39:40 PM »
I still he thinks he stays at UW.  The pressure from his mother to stay is too much as she has to live in Madison and doesn't need the hassle. 
The old enroll in our school we'll make your life miserable recruiting technique.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 05:40:29 PM »

And he is decommitted...

Vander, would be interested in learning more about a school 80 miles east with a fan base that won't ridicule you, your mother, or your best friend and potential future team mate Mr. Maymon, if so, PM me.

feedback