[Today at 08:40:42 AM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by tower912
[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "A Hell Of A Coach"  (Read 5982 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
"A Hell Of A Coach"
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:58:58 PM »
"He's a coach, man," says Marquette guard Wesley Matthews in the latest Sporting News  magazine.

Not to be confused with any other former Warrior coach now bs'ing his way through Indiana.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUfan12

• All American
Re: "A Hell Of A Coach"
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »
Is this article online anywhere?

MUshrooms

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
Give it a rest... why does everything have to come back to Crean?  

GregShimonFor2

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 02:26:35 PM »
4ever is obsessed with all things Crean.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 02:54:27 PM »
Anyone elso sooooooo sick of the never-ending obsession/references to Crean. At any given time, at least half of the "Recent Posts" seem to be about or reference Crean. I know the easy option is just to stay away from MUScoop to avoid it, but I need my MU hoops fix.

Whether you love(d) or hate(d) Crean, doesn't it get tiring to read and write about him incessantly as some do??? It seems nearly every topic reverts to Crean ins some form or another. Who cares anymore. MU seems to be doing just fine without him...time will tell what IU does, but again, as long as MU is fine, who cares. Time to be DONE with Crean already.

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »
Jilted lovers can never forgive or forget.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »

Evidently

deep vacuum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 05:50:23 PM »
If MUScoop made a separate Crean forum, would non-Crean haters visit it?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 06:17:34 PM »
Anyone elso sooooooo sick of the never-ending obsession/references to Crean. At any given time, at least half of the "Recent Posts" seem to be about or reference Crean. I know the easy option is just to stay away from MUScoop to avoid it, but I need my MU hoops fix.

You know, I need an MU hoops fix too but to quite honest, it's REALLY quiet right now.

So, as long as Crean tweets, we have entertainment. :D

But back to the topic at hand (kind of). I tried looking for it but couldn't

But I found this: Student Blogger needed for The Sporting News. I don't know if this is a good position for you MU students in journalism, but it's interesting.

http://www.sportingnews.com/cbasketball/teams/     (Check the Marquette "area")

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:22:47 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 08:39:01 PM »

Whether you love(d) or hate(d) Crean, doesn't it get tiring to read and write about him incessantly as some do??? It seems nearly every topic reverts to Crean ins some form or another. Who cares anymore. MU seems to be doing just fine without him...time will tell what IU does, but again, as long as MU is fine, who cares. Time to be DONE with Crean already.

Unfortunately, it feeds into the MU inferiority complex by some of these guys. They just can't get over the fact that many coaches move on. Makes us look so stupid to visitors this constant whining about Crean.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 09:32:24 PM »
we are not stupid, it's just that crean is such an ahole....

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 10:04:23 PM »
Unfortunately, it feeds into the MU inferiority complex by some of these guys. They just can't get over the fact that many coaches move on. Makes us look so stupid to visitors this constant whining about Crean.

First of all, this is a Marquette fan forum, so whining about "how we look to visitors" elicits a big "who gives a crap?" from me and most of the board. I think discussion about TC's record and his legacy is pertinent and interesting and recent revelations about his "tweeting" and his conduct vis-a-vis his son at his basketball camp runs the gamut from hilarious to downright eerie.

People have strong opinions, but noone is forcing you to join in the discussion. We can also do without the name calling and your amateur attempts at playing shrink. Have a nice day.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 07:34:01 AM »
COSIGN

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 09:12:57 AM »

We can also do without the name calling and your amateur attempts at playing shrink. Have a nice day.

Honest question (for everybody):

Why is it ok to call public figures (former coach, other coaches, players, etc.) names like a-hole, and critique every part of their lives, but the second one poster gets a little pissy with another poster it's "back off, no need for name calling"?

I mean if we are going to critique these coaches and players so closely (and name call), why can't posters be expected to receive the same treatment from each other? Posters aren't public figures (for the most part), but these posts are public, so why can't people expect the same treatment?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, just really asking an honest question.

EDIT: Feel free to call me a son-of-a-bitch.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:15:08 AM by 2002mualum »

sarcastro

• Starter
  • Live Comedy. Dead Serious.
    • Coalition Theater
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 11:16:58 AM »
Honest question (for everybody):

Why is it ok to call public figures (former coach, other coaches, players, etc.) names like a-hole, and critique every part of their lives, but the second one poster gets a little pissy with another poster it's "back off, no need for name calling"?

I mean if we are going to critique these coaches and players so closely (and name call), why can't posters be expected to receive the same treatment from each other? Posters aren't public figures (for the most part), but these posts are public, so why can't people expect the same treatment?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, just really asking an honest question.

EDIT: Feel free to call me a son-of-a-bitch.

YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 11:45:03 AM »

Primarily, because it's one of our (few) forum rules
 -  "Respect other posters.  Insults, and flames will not be tolerated"

Now, it's a rule because if you call someone on the outside and a-hole, others here may disagree with you, but they can usually voice that disagreement in a rational matter.  However, if you toss insults at a member, the response is going to be more personal, and very likely, more heated.

Quite simply, keeping it "civil" with other members, leads to better discussion.  If a coach were to become a member, we'd ask that you avoid insults there too.

As an example, you may go out with your coworkers and call your boss a dick.  But you're less likely to tell him that directly.  Neither one is necessarily nice or proper, but one is less harmful to your career than the other.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 01:34:59 PM »
Primarily, because it's one of our (few) forum rules
 -  "Respect other posters.  Insults, and flames will not be tolerated"

Now, it's a rule because if you call someone on the outside and a-hole, others here may disagree with you, but they can usually voice that disagreement in a rational matter.  However, if you toss insults at a member, the response is going to be more personal, and very likely, more heated.

Quite simply, keeping it "civil" with other members, leads to better discussion.  If a coach were to become a member, we'd ask that you avoid insults there too.

As an example, you may go out with your coworkers and call your boss a dick.  But you're less likely to tell him that directly.  Neither one is necessarily nice or proper, but one is less harmful to your career than the other.

Yea, I get it.

There's definitely some hypocrisy there (just like a lot of things in life), but, I get it. Thanks for the response.

Still, I have to admit that if I step back, it's kinda funny to see people attack the character of players and coaches over and over again, but God forbid you say something bad about another poster, that will immediately be squashed.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 01:43:14 PM »
Is this article anywhere online, or is it just in the magazine?

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 10:06:54 PM »
TC leaving is water under the bridge.......there  is an abundance of good things happening to MU to focus on.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 12:32:45 AM »

agreed, its gotten real old real fast
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 01:17:23 PM »
agreed, its gotten real old real fast

I agree it became "real old real fast"?   Real fast -- you know, when it became real old -- to me was about May 1st of last year.  Since then it has just dragged on and on and on and on . . .

It has been more than a YEAR!!! 

I think there are a couple of members of this board who are hanging on to the topic primarily to boost their post counts as they appear to have nothing else to say on new/current/relevant topics yet never miss a chance to take a shot at TC -- no matter how hard they have to stretch to do it.

feedback