Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 16, 2024, 07:21:10 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by MU82
[June 16, 2024, 06:39:26 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Herman Cain
[June 16, 2024, 06:05:09 PM]

NBA green room by Skatastrophy
[June 16, 2024, 03:09:36 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 16, 2024, 02:42:15 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[June 16, 2024, 11:50:43 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette still on Rudd's list  (Read 3837 times)

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
Marquette still on Rudd's list
« on: April 07, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »
Isn't this guy a head case?  I thought Victor Rudd got kicked off the Findlay team for academics.  Maybe he is just keeping us on his list for leverage. 

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/sports/113800.php

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
Re: Marquette still on Rudd's list
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:33:46 AM »
Sorry...this article originally didn't require registration.  I just googled "Victor Rudd Marquette" and it took me to it.

Basically it is just an article from late yesterday about the possible Arizona recruits and their thoughts on the Miller hire.  Rudd says he doesn't know much about Miller but is still considering Arizona, Marquette and another school (UNLV or ASU I think).

Sorry again for the bum hyperlink.

Marquette Mama

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 10:43:29 AM »

Sorry again for the bum hyperlink.

EagleWarrior, your link works fine for me. 

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »
Oh good thanks...maybe you can only view it once.  I can no longer see it.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 11:02:17 AM »
He didn't get kicked out of Findlay for academic reasons, he left on his own.

He got into a fight with a teammate and was suspended for a week.  In order to get reinstated, he needed to write an apology and read it in front of the team.  He refused.  The coach told him that the suspension would remain in place until he complied.  The next morning without telling anyone, Rudd got on a plane to go back home and essentially quit school.

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 11:24:53 AM »
So he is pretty much a moron we do not want to mess with.  I wonder how he is still getting recruited as hard by Arizona, etc. if he didn't finish school.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 01:13:04 PM »
So he is pretty much a moron we do not want to mess with.  I wonder how he is still getting recruited as hard by Arizona, etc. if he didn't finish school.

ahh probably becuase he would be maybe the best recruit to step foot on Arizona's campus in about 3 years. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 01:26:26 PM »
ahh probably becuase he would be maybe the best recruit to step foot on Arizona's campus in about 3 years. 

Really?  They have had at least 4 NBA caliber players come in during that span.  Jerryd Bayliss, Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill and Nic Wise.  Is Rudd a better recruit than all of those guys?

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »

He got into a fight with a teammate and was suspended for a week.  In order to get reinstated, he needed to write an apology and read it in front of the team.  He refused.  The coach told him that the suspension would remain in place until he complied.  The next morning without telling anyone, Rudd got on a plane to go back home and essentially quit school.

+1
His coach, Mike Peck, comes on a local (Las Vegas) sports talk show frequently.  All Peck would say is what bma725 stated above (but nothing about the fight - just that Rudd broke a team rule).  He supposedly is back home in California.  UNLV is still recruiting him hard.  He is talented but might be more trouble than he is worth.  BTW, Findlay Prep (Henderson, NV) just won the national high school championship Sunday by beating Oak Hill Academy in the finals.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:51:02 PM by mu77vegas »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 02:38:13 PM »
The question is, is Rudd still on Marquette's list?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 03:22:14 PM »
Really?  They have had at least 4 NBA caliber players come in during that span.  Jerryd Bayliss, Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill and Nic Wise.  Is Rudd a better recruit than all of those guys?

well i meant since then.  Bottom line is Arizona has a dearth of talent after those 3.  how does a team with 3 nba first rounders lose 14 games...ahh they have no one else. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »

Proof positive that no matter the talent, we need to aim for no headcases.
SS Marquette

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 06:48:47 PM »
Proof positive that no matter the talent, we need to aim for no headcases.

Here's an article from the Memphis Roar about Victor Rudd:
http://memphisroar.com/2009/03/victor-rudd-leaves-findlay-prep/#more-830

Victor Rudd leaves Findlay Prep

2009 prospect Victor Rudd will not be returning to the Findlay College Prep basketball program after failing to complete terms for his reinstatement last week. Rudd had been suspended from practice all week, and from Friday’s regular-season finale against Impact Basketball Academy, for violation of an undisclosed team policy.

According to Findlay coach Mike Peck, the only remaining term for Rudd’s reinstatement was a written apology that would have been read to his teammates. Rudd failed to do so. Peck found out that Rudd was on a plane to Southern California last Friday morning, returning to his hometown.

Earlier in the week, Peck had a phone conversation with Rudd’s guardian, Bill Hankins, that ended in Hankins hanging up on Peck.

“I indicated to him, Here’s our thoughts, where we’re coming from and what we foresee as happening,” Peck said. “He obviously didn’t see eye-to-eye with me. He was not happy, in a nutshell.”

Peck couldn’t speak about specifically about the schools currently interested in Rudd and their continued involvement, but has made it clear that he does not approve of this current situation.

“I can’t put my name on it,” Peck said. “It hurts our future. That’s my name. I don’t want that school calling me next December asking me, What in the heck? I can’t put my name on it. That’s unfortunate. When coaches and people ask, I’m not going to throw you under the bus and make stuff up,” added Peck. “But I’ll tell you this, I’m not going to lie. I’m not putting my name on it.

Rudd averaged 16.6 points, second on the Pilots to senior guard Avery Bradley’s 19. Rudd led Findlay with 8.6 rebounds a game.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »
Buzz seems to be all about personal responsibility. I just do not see him recruiting this guy.

feedback