[Today at 12:55:56 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 12:26:40 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Dorm Room Shenanigans  (Read 19729 times)

GOMU1104

• All American
Re: Dorm Room Shenanigans
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 09:15:30 PM »
Well then that makes them not really shenanigans at all... Evil shenanigans.

I swear to god I am going to pistol whip the next person who says "shenanigans."

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 09:34:31 PM »
McCormick 9th floor

One of my floormates dared the other (extremely inebriated) to take the communal vacuum and knock down the exit sign in our hallway.  He did.

A ping pong ball getting lit on fire and in turn setting my carpet on fire.

Going to a garage sale, buying little kids bikes, and riding them around the the floor.

Doors getting drunkenly peed on (including the RA's) was also a seemingly regular occurrence.

That and others listed are why I didn't bunk at the Beer Can.
SS Marquette

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 09:50:20 PM »
That and others listed are why I didn't bunk at the Beer Can.

Ha, your loss.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 10:03:37 PM »
chapman, did you do that in 1997-98?  6th floor?

I did it a couple years ago.  But we had "copied" from someone who did it around 2000.  Looks like it's a tradition.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »
I swear to god I am going to pistol whip the next person who says "shenanigans."

Hey Farva- what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy sh*t on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 10:33:12 PM »
How many times have YOU, Ari?   ;)

TC'sTBed
It all started the same night I got a fish hook stuck in the couch of wherever I was of that person that you knew. Then atleast a dozen times first semester. 2nd semester I got a friend to check this girl so that made things a lot easier

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 01:14:04 AM »
I had plenty of shenanigans throughout my time at Marquette. I always thought they were cheeky and fun, but the majority of people thought they were cruel and tragic.

For some of the tamer stuff, MarqPTM liked to use the tactics of cutting the power to ones room via the circuit breaker or the always popular placing a disgusting image as ones desktop background.

One of the most fun things was playing baseball with the university issued cell phones.  This came to an end when MarqPTM foul tipped the phone onto Cobeen's roof.

One of the classics was covering our entire floor with Marquette Basketball posters.  It should be noted that robmufan refused to help MarqPTM, myself, and the others because he didn't want to have to help take it down!

Robyrd5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 01:54:43 AM »
Kudos to you guys for plastering the posters everywhere. Totally harmless and yet hilarious. Definitely a classic. How long did that take to do?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 08:03:19 AM »
Kudos to you guys for plastering the posters everywhere. Totally harmless and yet hilarious. Definitely a classic. How long did that take to do?

Not that long actually.

Carpenter Tower tried to make a big deal out of it, like it was a huge floor unity thing. We told them to F off.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 08:51:23 AM »
Not that long actually.

Carpenter Tower tried to make a big deal out of it, like it was a huge floor unity thing. We told them to F off.

Haha... I was waiting for this one to come up!

That was hilarious. You guys took the CT4 antics up a notch from the year before.

We just rode unicycles at 3 am during finals, and made balloon walls in front of our RA's door.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 09:59:16 AM »
Freshman year in McCormick at 2AM, we awoke to the fire alarm going off and smoke so thick you couldn't see the other side of the hallway. After waking up my roommate and telling him we had to get out of here, we ran downstairs. Waiting for the Fire department, we discovered one of our floormates definitely slept in bright red tighty-whiteys (red-ys?). It was disturbing. Upon return to the floor, we discovered the cause to be someone lighting a pizza box on fire in the hallway, and using the confusion created by the ensuing evacuation to take a dump on the floor in the bathroom.

At the Les Aspin Center junior year, a post-work lobbyist open bar reception followed by a keg party followed by getting kicked out of the Hawk n' Dove for underage drinking followed by a football game at 3 in the morning on 4th Street SE required Fr. O'Brien to sit us all down and talk to us about our relations with the neighbors. Apparently some three year old had overheard some of the dialogue from the prior evening and had to ask her mother what "s**tfaced" meant.

Also, numerous shenanigans were had at the Establishment at 12th and Wells in the Newbridge (Like Team Ireland nearly shockingly sweeping the gold at Beer Olympics), but those are more the tragic shenanigans variety that do not merit further explanation in such a public forum.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:07:55 AM by notkirkcameron »
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

mugrad99

• Team Captain
4th floor MCCormick 1986-1987
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
Our study area had maybe 2 chairs and one crappy sofa in it...so late one night, we raided every other floor, and took all (and I mean all) of their furniture and put it in our area. The room was completely stacked to the ceiling with couches, chairs, etc.

Not exactly the smartest thing. But then a 12 hour drinking binge at the greentree will do that to you.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
Re: 4th floor MCCormick 1986-1987
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 10:25:48 AM »
Our study area had maybe 2 chairs and one crappy sofa in it...so late one night, we raided every other floor, and took all (and I mean all) of their furniture and put it in our area. The room was completely stacked to the ceiling with couches, chairs, etc.

Not exactly the smartest thing. But then a 12 hour drinking binge at the greentree will do that to you.

Please tell me this was 9th floor Schroeder, 2005-2006.  Otherwise someone is leading a double life.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 10:30:08 AM »
A few more from junior/senior year:

I lived above Murphy's junior year (the 2nd floor unit directly above the bar).  One weekend, my roommate and I were bored, and a line was congregating outside Murphy's, so he had the bright idea of taking a whole bucket of water and dumping it onto the line.

Later on that year (mid-February), we had a party in our place when our third roommate went out of town for the weekend.  We moved all of our furniture from the living room and kitchen into his bedroom and the hallway (a long hallway ran from the living room to the 3 bedrooms), hauled 3 kegs up the stairs, and turned the living room into a dance floor, complete with a DJ booth.  Well, we packed the place with like 80-90 people at a given time, had our own bouncers, etc.  We even ran beer bongs out the window down to Wells Street.

Unfortunately, just before bartime that night, DPS showed up because a friend of my roommate's passed out in the stairwell on our way up to the apartment.  So we shut the music off, funneled everyone out the back alley of the building (between Murphy's and Papa John's) RIGHT PAST THE DPS SQUAD CARS, and the 10 or 15 people that didn't escape hid in our two bedrooms.  When DPS knocked on the door, no one answered, and eventually, they took the drunk kid home and just went away.  All I know is, for the next month, I had random freshmen asking me if I lived above Murphy's and when our next party would be.

Senior year, I moved to Campus Town East.  On the first weekend, my new roommates attempted to bring the broken Renee Row sign up thru the elevator off 16th Street into our apartment, but were unfortunately stopped by DPS.  Later on that year, they succeeded into bringing a broken tree branch that probably weighed somewhere around 125 pounds into our living room.  After about a week, I eventually flipped out on them and made them throw it out in the dumpster behind the old Open Pantry, and were tracked like a hawk by DPS the whole time.
The General has taken on a new command.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 10:42:48 AM »
Those DPS cameras are ridiculous. An amusing story about those-

One night my senior year in CTE, we decided to break with the usual pre-gaming routine, and started a putting contest in the hallway. So we all had our drinks in hand, put a cup at the end of the hall, and went to work. I stood over about a 30 foot putt, which I decided to take one-handed so I didn't have to put down my beer.

I read the break of the carpet perfectly, and sank that m-er f-er. Even got a couple golf claps from a random group down the hall.

Anyway, we're still out there about 10 mins later, and the DPS guy is making the rounds. He gets by our apartment, stops, looks at me and says "hell of a putt" and keeps going.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 12:26:04 PM »
Not many dorm stories, but plenty from Campus Town East.

Junior year (2000-2001)
~Nicknamed "Lord of Flies Night" , after a fairly large party that got out of control, our hallway was just filled with trash, lights were flickering on and off, a fire exit sign was ripped out of ceiling, and the elevator broke...DPS was not happy, they sat us down in our living room and gave us a stern talking too...and the one guy who must have been 450 lbs and about 5'9" threatened that we might get expelled, and that the if elevator needed to be replaced we might owe upto $20,000...yeah, we never heard back from DPS after that party, but nice try

~Our 4th floor apartment faced inwards, so looking out the window was a roofing that was about level with the 2nd floor.  We routinely just threw all kinds of crap out of her window...beer cans, bottles, plates...we stole a construction sign one night, that made it out the window.  Well, someone finally narc'ed on us on a Saturday afternoon, and the familiar DPS knock followed.  The woman was actually kind cool, she said ok, who is responsible, just clean it up.  We all blamed just one of roommates, so he had to go out to the roof and clean up all of our crap off it, as we mocked him from above. 

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 12:31:25 PM »
Me and my friends lived in the same house or junior and senior years. We had parties every friday night and eventually became known as the friday night house. From these parties, we began to build a working relationship with DPS. When we were ready to go to the bars, we would call DPS or wave one down and have them go through our house to kick kids out. Between this, a roommate drunkenly running his car into a tree on 17th st and then driving back to the house on a rim, our constant BBQ'ing and drinking in the alley between 17th and 18th st (everytime a DPS office drove by, they were always met with a wave). to sum it up we had alot of run ins with DPS and they were pretty cool with us.

Our last week in the house, after cleaning it up, getting it ready to turn over to the new kids, we were grilling out side just drinking with some music playing. We had a dog at the house the last year (which was another reason DPS loved us) which had dug a 2 foot deep hole in the yard. We decided to take all the leftover boxes and anything burnable that we were going to throw out and fill the hole up with flammable ingredients. We had about a 3 foot tall fire going. DPS, on patrol, would drive past and we would, as always, greet them with a smile. They never stopped to yell at us or anything. at about 10 oclock, and a fire about 4 feet tall at this point, DPS rolls up and we thought we knew what they were going to say. Instead, they say, "hey guys its getting late, how about turning the music down." We turned it down and they took off, never mentioning the fire. They ended up coming back at 10:45 and asked us to cool it with the fire. We never got in trouble, they never yelled at us, they just let us do what we were doing. in the end, we burnt enough stuff to back fill the hole in. Great night.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

BringInTheReaper

• Walk-On
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 02:17:18 PM »
Yeah, as a current resident of the alley between 17th-18th streets, albeit not in the friday house which I did frequent as an underclassmen, DPS is awesome.  We lit a couch on fire the last day of finals last year, all DPS did was stop ask us to put it out, and then proceeded to watch and laugh with the rest of us as people attempted to put out the blaze.  There are still burn marks opno the tree next to where it occured. 

Classof83

• Walk-On
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »
what the heck, I'm sure what happened freshman year (1979-1980) on the fourth floor of McCormick can no longer be the subject of litigation. On a Saturday afternoon we (collective consciousness of six or so) decided the best cure for a hangover would be taking a swim.  So, we proceeded to take the door off some room and place it horizontal to block the entrance to the shower area.  Then, with the help of a few towels to block the drains and water proof the bottom of the door, we turned on all the showers until it filled the shower room with 2 plus feet of water.   Everthing was fine until the weight of the water started to leak down into the third floor bathroom. When the third floor RA came to investigate he removed the towel by the sideways door, thinking the water would slowly flow intothe drain by the sinks. He discovered it was leak that he could not replug.  The wave completely flooded the rooms immediately outside the bathroom and several down the hall. Good times, good times.... :o

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2009, 06:10:58 PM »
Haha... I was waiting for this one to come up!

That was hilarious. You guys took the CT4 antics up a notch from the year before.

We just rode unicycles at 3 am during finals, and made balloon walls in front of our RA's door.

we were able to continue those antics by locking our RA out of his room.  He lined his dresser up fairly nicely with his door so all it took was to break in, slide the big chest he had next to his dresser, lean his desk chair between the chest and door and listen to it fall in place as we closed the door.  Only opened about 2 inches once completed.  Luckily for him he was able to get a closet rod and knock the chair out of the way enough to open the door.  Otherwise someone was gonna try and scale the inside of the building in CT from the 402 room to 405.

The postering of the hall is great though.

Robyrd5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2009, 06:24:56 PM »
One night in McCormick I was having trouble sleeping. I had received a package earlier that day, full of those white packaging peanuts. Bored out of our minds, my roommate and I decided to have a peanut fight, and hundreds of them were thrown around the room. We decided to go to bed and clean it all up the next day. Unfortunately, we happened to be a tour room, so bright and early the next morning, we were awoken by a family staring at the mess on the floor. The dad said, "Rough night, huh?" We didn't even bother trying to convince them it was the result of two sober, bored college kids.

Pago Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2009, 07:00:31 PM »
There's a good story about a couple of knuckleheads living next door to each other in Mashuda in the early 90's who hatched a brilliant plan to "convert" their doubles into a quad by creating a "hole", err..."hallway" through the wall of their walk-in closets.  The "hallway" was created behind those large (~ 5 x 2.5 ft) mirrors that were hung perfectly opposite each other in both rooms.  The "hallway" was made possible with the use an eletric hand drill and a belt used as tape measure.  Parties were held showing friends their handiwork and at the end of the semester, the large mirors were re-hung to conceal the secret passage.

Rumor has it, a couple of years later, the hole was discovered and while MU Residence Life Dept suspected who the "interior designers" were, they couldn't prove it.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2009, 07:51:54 PM »
One of the classics was covering our entire floor with Marquette Basketball posters.  It should be noted that robmufan refused to help MarqPTM, myself, and the others because he didn't want to have to help take it down!

Surprise TT, once again throws one of his buddies under the bus.   ;)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2009, 10:04:44 PM »
One night in McCormick I was having trouble sleeping. I had received a package earlier that day, full of those white packaging peanuts. Bored out of our minds, my roommate and I decided to have a peanut fight, and hundreds of them were thrown around the room. We decided to go to bed and clean it all up the next day. Unfortunately, we happened to be a tour room, so bright and early the next morning, we were awoken by a family staring at the mess on the floor. The dad said, "Rough night, huh?" We didn't even bother trying to convince them it was the result of two sober, bored college kids.

TallTitan often had tours go through his room because it was the largest room in Carpenter. I happened to live across the hallway from him, and happened to be extremely hung over every Saturday morningan which was a popular tour schedule. More often than not, a tour was exposed to a marqptm half naked on a futon mowing through a sleeve of Ritz crackers. Not often did they find it funny. However, I did.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2009, 10:29:37 PM »
Surprise TT, once again throws one of his buddies under the bus.   ;)

That group picture isn't taken if I wasn't around...lets just note that!