collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: A little Compassion and Understanding from the COPS??? yeah right  (Read 1992 times)

cirella09

• Walk-On
Houston Texans, Ryan Moats is pulled over outside of the hospital on his way to try and visit his dying mother in law.  Unbelievable how this one cop can be so cold...even when nurses and other officers try and get him to calm down...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4017382

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: A little Compassion and Understanding from the COPS??? yeah right
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 09:08:46 AM »
Re: A little Compassion and Understanding from the Cop COPS??? yeah right

Fixed.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

cirella09

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 09:13:39 AM »
fair enough

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 09:18:55 AM »
Still a very sad story.  Can't imagine how I would have acted in that situation.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 05:54:09 PM »
There are good cops and bad cops, good teachers and bad teachers, etc, etc, etc.

It's unfortunate for all involved.  I'm sure the cop feels terrible.   But I'm sure there's never been anyone that has run a red light or going 100mph on the freeway and claimed (falsely) to the officer that they were just trying to get to the hospital for an emergency.   ::)   It happens.  Those types of things jade people and that might have jaded this officer.

He obviously took it too far when he was in the parking lot of the hospital and even nurses were telling him that it was a legit story.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 03:20:38 AM »
But I'm sure there's never been anyone that has run a red light or going 100mph on the freeway and claimed (falsely) to the officer that they were just trying to get to the hospital for an emergency.   ::)   It happens.  Those types of things jade people and that might have jaded this officer.

It's one thing is someone tells you that story and is nowhere near a hospital with no sick person in the car.  This guy clearly had his emergency lights on and pulled over at the hospital.

No matter how jaded you are there's no excuse for this.  Even if you think he's lying let him go inside and follow him.  If he was lying, I'm sure you could find another charge to write him up on.  This cop should be fired.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 03:24:37 AM by TallTitan34 »