Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette to host Madness in 2010  (Read 2738 times)

Robyrd5

• Scholarship Player
Marquette to host Madness in 2010
« on: March 17, 2009, 04:48:36 PM »
I just got this e-mail from the MU athletic department!

The Road to the 2010 Final Four® Travels Through Milwaukee
Friday, March 19 and Sunday, March 21, 2010
Marquette University, host
Bradley Center
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

The best in NCAA Division I men's college basketball comes to Milwaukee!

Marquette University will host eight of the 64 teams in the first and second rounds of the 2010 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship. Two of these teams will advance to the NCAA Sweet 16®.

Games will be played at the Bradley Center on March 19 and 21 and all-session tickets will cost $213.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
MU to Host Round 1-2 at BC in 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 04:51:39 PM »
Just got this email -- it's for season ticket holders .. so if you're not one, I do not know if you can pre-purchase tickets like this.

.. Last time we hosted, I bought the max .. had some trouble getting rid of them.  This time, $213 x 8 seats = ~$1700 investment .. ouch.  In this economy?  Probably not. 

$213/6 games = $35/game .. which is somewhat reasonable.

The Road to the 2010 Final Four® Travels Through Milwaukee
Friday, March 19 and Sunday, March 21, 2010
Marquette University, host
Bradley Center
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

The best in NCAA Division I men's college basketball comes to Milwaukee!

Marquette University will host eight of the 64 teams in the first and second rounds of the 2010 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship. Two of these teams will advance to the NCAA Sweet 16®.

Your affiliation with Marquette University gives you the opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public.

Games will be played at the Bradley Center on March 19 and 21 and all-session tickets will cost $213.

Click here for tickets: www.ncaa.com/2010mbbtix

For more information on NCAA Tournament ticket policies, please visit gomarquette.com/ncaa2010 or email ncaa2010@marquette.edu

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Marquette to host Madness in 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 04:52:52 PM »
Got the e-mail too.  Curious about the timing.

I'm betting the ticket office will be getting a lot of calls from people confused about which year they are hosting.  Probably would have been better to wait until near the end of this year's tourney.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 04:55:22 PM »
I'm not a season ticket holder, but got the e-mail (twice actually - once to 2 different e-mails).

The account & password they list is different in each e-mail.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »
I just purchased four.  Here are my seats:

GA1, 1
Seat 332    Adult         US $213.00
Seat 333    Adult         US $213.00
Seat 334    Adult         US $213.00
Seat 335    Adult         US $213.00

That doesn't match up to any seat chart I've ever seen for the Bradley Center.  I'm guessing "GA" means General Admission?  And that the actual seat assignments will take place as they are distributed?  Last time I sat pretty high, behind the bucket, but can't recall when I purchased them--I thought it was at the same time the MU season tickets went on sale. 

Edit:  I forgot to read the entire message:

Exact seat locations will be assigned in February 2010 and will be based on priority points and giving history.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:56:24 PM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 06:50:08 PM »
A swell guy like you sitting behind the basket?  Whoa.  That's just wrong.

I think that indicates that all the prime seats are already taken by the NCAA, etc.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
A swell guy like you sitting behind the basket?  Whoa.  That's just wrong.

I think that indicates that all the prime seats are already taken by the NCAA, etc.

And isn't "based on priority points and giving history" sort of redundant? 
Ludum habemus.

Warrior Forever

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 07:21:30 PM »
$213 for these tickets is steep.  I have attended a different first/second round site for the past eight years and that is by far the most expensive ticket prices yet.

I have to wonder if now that Ticketmaster is handling all ticket purchases, the prices have been jacked up.

mustever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »
$213 for these tickets is steep.  I have attended a different first/second round site for the past eight years and that is by far the most expensive ticket prices yet.

I have to wonder if now that Ticketmaster is handling all ticket purchases, the prices have been jacked up.
I remember going to the tournament in 1992 at the BC.......price was $61 and I got a ticket the day before and got a seat in the handicap chairs behind the basket.Times have changed.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 10:11:24 PM »
Last time it was at the BC I volunteered to work it.    I had the horrible task of sitting courtside and making sure the cheerleaders didn't go into the tunnel.    And I got to watch Bucky lose to Pitt.   It was a weekend I'll never forget

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 12:40:15 PM »
I have done the NCAA at the BC twice.  It is a great time.   The tickets have gone way up.  It used to be $20 a seat.  The way it worked in the past is a quarter of the lower bowl was reserved for each of the four teams playing that particular session.  The upper was filled with people from wherever.   I got this email also and I am only a 5-pack ticket holder.  I suspect anyone registered with the MU ticket office is on the mailing list.  If you go, you will have fun, but will be tired from sitting in the BC for 12 hours.

Seen some good games and some good basketball mixed in with 16 seeds getting pasted by 1 seeds.  Saw Pitt beat Bucky and Mateen Cleeves of MSU and Edwardo Najara of Ok State butt heads and lay on the court for about 5 minutes.  Both returned to play.  That was the year MSU won it all and everyone was excited about the rumor of TT maybe coming to coach MU.  Some great fans travel with some of these schools with the friendliest by far belonging to Ole Miss.