Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Trying to Guess the Complaint  (Read 9824 times)

muwarrior87

• All American
Re: Trying to Guess the Complaint
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »
with a name like Tribby, I'd guess MU Tribune writer at some point.  I think most of us realize the view of most people associated with that paper in regards to men's basketball. Last page when we win. Front page headline when we lose to USF. Worse than the Urinal Sentinal.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2009, 08:04:58 PM »
These guys are in awesome condition.  They work way harder in most practices every day than they do in games.  They will all be fresh tomorrow.

Yeah, it's not like we just barely beat G-Town or anything.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2009, 08:09:46 PM »
What I'm most surprised about is that it took a 30 pt. win for us not to have to read a thread about how awful the officiating was.

My guarantee is that there will be a thread about them for tomorrow, regardless of the outcome. 

JMcSteal

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2009, 08:18:26 PM »
Seriously, who gives a crap what the ESPN announcers have to say about how Buzz is managing our rotations?
Also, whether Otule gets 4 minutes of PT or 10 minutes of PT at this stage of the season in a 30 point blowout is going to be of ZERO consequence of whether he starts next year or not.  He's not very good right now, as 95% of freshman post players tend to be, nor is he going to be of any sort of consequence down the stretch this season because he missed so much time in non-conference play.  What matters most for him going forward is what he is doing in practice and what he does in the offseason, not what he does in garbage time during a blowout. 

Id think that most announcers know what their talkin about but you seem to know better I guess.
And also I'd like to get our "not very good" C live game play experience, live game will help even the smallest bit. Even if it is garbage time if he can do well it can boost the players confindence

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »
The problem i have with this is we never crushed a team by 30.

I understand what you guys are saying, I just wish Hazel (don't know the whole transfer thing) would get some PT and Buzz could have gave Otule a little more than the 4 mins he got esp if he is our C next year. We were winning by 30 so even though he looked lost it couldn't have hurt to play 10min instead of 4.so then I wouldn't have to hear the announcer saying to get McNeal out of the game

And no I'm not saying play Frozena the whole 2nd half at all

Hey mcsteal maybe if your boy Jerel was not the worst player on the court tonight Mu would have been up by more and the subs could have gotten more time.  I am getting real sick of him getting picked and pouting while the rest of his team sprints back to try to stop the layin!  His attitude and game have been horrendous the last 2+ weeks

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
Id think that most announcers know what their talkin about but you seem to know better I guess.
And also I'd like to get our "not very good" C live game play experience, live game will help even the smallest bit. Even if it is garbage time if he can do well it can boost the players confindence

Again, what do you care about the opinion of the announcers?  Is Buzz going over to the scorers table and asking Len Elmore "Gee golly Len, I'm a Texas hick who likes sweet tea and dip, when do you think I should pull Jerel out since you're a sophisticated big city lawyer in your free time?"  

And if you don't like what the ESPN guys are saying, use a mute button.  It's quite useful, especially with that channel.
The General has taken on a new command.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »
"Gee golly Len, I'm a Texas hick who likes sweet tea and dip, when do you think I should pull Jerel out since you're a sophisticated big city lawyer in your free time?"  

I can just see the post game interview: "I asked Len what I should do because, well, I'm not going to stand up here and pretend that I'm smart enough to coach a basketball game in New Yourk City."

;D

JMcSteal

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2009, 08:50:53 PM »
Again, what do you care about the opinion of the announcers?  Is Buzz going over to the scorers table and asking Len Elmore "Gee golly Len, I'm a Texas hick who likes sweet tea and dip, when do you think I should pull Jerel out since you're a sophisticated big city lawyer in your free time?"  

And if you don't like what the ESPN guys are saying, use a mute button.  It's quite useful, especially with that channel.

haha i like your style general im likein the quote.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2009, 10:33:19 PM »
Isn't there some value to having Fulce etc. play with at least some of the starters for assimilation purposes?  That would justify keeping some of the starters out more.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2009, 11:16:34 PM »
Isn't there some value to having Fulce etc. play with at least some of the starters for assimilation purposes?  That would justify keeping some of the starters out more.
DING DING DING!

That is precisely why McNeal was last to come out. The bench guys in play basically every spot other than 2 guard (other than Cubillan). Cubillan got his minutes with Mo/Wesley. Since Jerel sat most of the first half, if any of the guys in the game with Jerel were to play, they'd have to get used to playing with him in a game situation.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2009, 12:43:23 PM »

The first part of this sounds like the set up to a dirty limerick.

"Gee Golly Len, I'm an old Texas hick,
Who also likes sweet tea and dip..."

A bold departure from the tales of the proverbial man from Nantucket.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2009, 02:29:55 PM »
MU wins in a rout on the home court of a Big East team that has won 4 of their last 6 and Tribby bitches about Buzz. Saturday MU lost in OT to Syracuse and Tribby bitched about Buzz. Tomorrow MU plays Villanova and win or lose Tribby will bitch about Buzz. Good old even handed Tribby. What would we do without your insightful, well balanced analysis?
Buzz sucks.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2009, 03:17:25 PM »