Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Take away the seniors on both teams and here are your results  (Read 2164 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Just look at that returning scoring...OUCH!

I hope Cadougan, Buycks, Maymon, and Williams can light it up! That's a BIG hope...

WITHOUT DJ...
MU-Cuse:  35-84
MU-Pitt: 29-51
MU-UL: 27-48
MU-UConn: 33-53

A few with DJ ...
MU-Gtown: 27-69
MU-Seton Hall: 25-55
MU-SJU: 28-59
MU-Nova: 19-61

Middle of the pack next year...probably NIT, if those incomers can't light it up.
SS Marquette

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Re: Take away the seniors on both teams and here are your results
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 06:07:54 PM »
Just look at that returning scoring...OUCH!

I hope Cadougan, Buycks, Maymon, and Williams can light it up! That's a BIG hope...

WITHOUT DJ...
MU-Cuse:  35-84
MU-Pitt: 29-51
MU-UL: 27-48
MU-UConn: 33-53

A few with DJ ...
MU-Gtown: 27-69
MU-Seton Hall: 25-55
MU-SJU: 28-59
MU-Nova: 19-61

Middle of the pack next year...probably NIT, if those incomers can't light it up.

Next year will be stressful.  I hope we get NIT.  I will be very happy with NIT or better.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 06:19:15 PM »
Next year will be stressful.  I hope we get NIT.  I will be very happy with NIT or better.

Please try and remember where we were placed to finish 4 years ago. No NCAA or NIT bids were predicted

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »
Please try and remember where we were placed to finish 4 years ago. No NCAA or NIT bids were predicted

But honestly Crean has proved to be a good defensive coach and frankly got quite a bit out of some crap players.......don't know if Buzz can do that....he may need more time and get a couple of his classes in. 

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 06:29:09 PM »
But honestly Crean has proved to be a good defensive coach and frankly got quite a bit out of some crap players.......don't know if Buzz can do that....he may need more time and get a couple of his classes in. 

Thats true but you have to remember that people will never succeed if they are not given the chance

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 08:56:38 PM »
The three amigos were special. Why our incoming freshmen may prove to be in their class, there is no way we should expect even an NIT bid next year with unproven players. We only have (counting Aker) three players returning with any significant playing time.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 09:06:50 PM »
The three amigos were special. Why our incoming freshmen may prove to be in their class, there is no way we should expect even an NIT bid next year with unproven players. We only have (counting Aker) three players returning with any significant playing time.

+1, and the BEast will still be very tough next year.  We could get eaten alive.  Definitely a trasnition year, and I hope we have some patience next year and aren't all jumping off roofs.  Transition years suck becuase you really don;t know how much better you will be the year after.  I hope we have some pleasant surporses next year.....

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »
+1, and the BEast will still be very tough next year.  We could get eaten alive.  Definitely a trasnition year, and I hope we have some patience next year and aren't all jumping off roofs.  Transition years suck becuase you really don;t know how much better you will be the year after.  I hope we have some pleasant surporses next year.....

That hope could be dead...  Seems like we always jump off roofs here.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 09:07:48 AM »
Buzz's toughest job next year will be guiding a very young team through a very tough conference. He should let Lazar play the 4 all year and let McMorrow sink or swim at center. Junior and Maymon will have to play a lot and will likely struggle as they adapt.

feedback