Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: gut wrenching  (Read 1090 times)

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
gut wrenching
« on: March 01, 2009, 01:13:31 PM »
Is it just me or does this team suffer more gut wrenching, kick-in-the-balls plays by the other team?

Just so painful.  Sosa hitting that 3 pointer fading away to put them back up by 7.

They miss the front end of a 1 and 1 then get the offensive rebound.

We just give up way too many dagger 3s. 

We're down by 4, then in a matter of 2 seconds back down by 9.

McNeal getting raped and no calls

Career games given up almost every night.  Who was that guy tonight McGee who averages 5 pts per game and tonight drops 16 with 4/7 from 3.  Unbelievable.

It's just absolutely gut wrenching and painful to watch.  If these teams miss those prayers or one of their guys doesn't have a career night for once, it's a whole different story.

Great effort, and too bad McNeal shoots so miserably.  Would have been a great confidence builder to win without DJ and good for the NCAA seeding.  Now I fear they are going to severly punish us with a crappy seed.

The Man in Gold

• All American
Re: gut wrenching
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 01:23:25 PM »
Buzz is fanatical about playing the numbers and most likely part of the game plan was to put the focus on UL's stars which left mcgee with an opportunity to shine.
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 01:38:35 PM »
There is a reason we give up so many career three point shooting games.  Our guards are so conscious of helping out underneath (as they have to be), we have to leave people open on the perimeter, and as often as possible it is not the opponents primary outside threat.  So we leave secondary guys wide open.  D-I college guards, even bench players, will hit a high percentage of threes when no one is near them.

That Sosa one from the corner fading away with Lazar I think draped all over him on ther other hand, that was bad luck, because as good as Sosa is, he doesn't make that shot more than 20%.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 01:41:01 PM »
There is a reason we give up so many career three point shooting games.  Our guards are so conscious of helping out underneath (as they have to be), we have to leave people open on the perimeter, and as often as possible it is not the opponents primary outside threat.  So we leave secondary guys wide open./quote]

+1
Too bad Barro didn't have one more year of eligibilty!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 01:43:41 PM »
We have a lot  of these kinds of losses because we play everybody really competitively.  For every gut-wrenching losses, there is a great W.  Just have to shake this one off, and bring it at Pitt on Wednesday. 

feedback