Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UConn Halftime  (Read 5764 times)

LON

• All American
Re: UConn Halftime
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 02:55:07 PM »
+1

You two must love going to Lambeau for Packer games; they have those stupid frisbee dogs at least twice a year it seems.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 02:56:21 PM »
My major complaint with the Marquette "half time" experience, is the number of folks that jam into the courtside club, to get their free pretzels/carrot sticks, etc. and then not only miss the beginning of the second half, but spend roughly ten minutes getting back to their seats.  
Ludum habemus.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2009, 04:23:05 PM »
I'm sorry, if you would like to beat the dead horse about the team losing Dominic James, then please proceed to the other 82 threads about that.  i believe we are allowed to discuss other things about the game besides that.  

i wouldn't have expected more if we had been bringing out 3 year old gymnasts all year... but the shows up till Wednesday had been fantastic.  Wednesday was a let down in comparison.  

to those that say you should be in the beer line, clearly amateurs... you leave for the halftime beer before the buzzer.  i personally would rather drink my beer than waiting in a 15 minute line to get one.  bush league.  

this topic should not be moved to the superbar as it actually pertains to the Marquette gameday experience.  if we are allowing topics about crean, Miami Dade players, KU players, and duquense players to stay in this forum, this one should too.  all those topics have nothing to do with a Marquette game.  

MarquetteFan94, either your daughter was out there, or you really enjoyed staring at preteen girls in tights.  that is the only reason i could imagine that you thoroughly enjoyed this halftime.  yes, it's a cute idea, but poor timing.  big time games deserve to be big time events from start to finish.  same reason we didn't have the dunking guys, magician, or the real gymnasts during the non-conference.  they are supposed to match the game.

Thanks for calling me out.  You must have an exciting life if you're looking forward to halftime entertainment so much.  As for "staring at preteen girls in tights"....until reading your lame and irrelevant post I had no idea what the halftime events even were...there were other things to worry about.  Interesting that you know so much about what those preteen girls were wearing....pretty creepy big guy.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 05:21:12 PM »
You two must love going to Lambeau for Packer games; they have those stupid frisbee dogs at least twice a year it seems.

I do, and they do, though I haven't seen them in a while.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:24:51 PM by IAmMarquette »

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 09:29:50 PM »

I do, and they do, though I haven't seen them in a while.

I too very much prefer the half-time entertainment provided at Lambeau vs. the BC for MU games. 

For some reason Marquette94fan is the only one allowed to determine what others should concern themselves with during MU games. Apparently the rest of us are not allowed to cast judgment on the overall game-day experience, bc he was unaware of what was going on - which seems like it should reduce his credibility in commenting on this very topic since in his own words he  had "no idea what the halftime events even were."

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:34:41 PM by Marquette_g »

muPARTY

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 10:05:32 PM »
halftime shows are entertainment, plain and simple....

.... but...

if they can be used to keep a crowd invigorated, why not?  couldn't hurt.  i lump it all into that little phrase there, what is it... HOME COURT ADVANTAGE

i do think it hurts when the 2nd half starts and 1/3+ of the arena is still outside in the halls.  it's like everyone wakes up from a nap and is groggy.  they needs till the 16:00 timeout to get back into their setas, let alone the flow.

i loved the Bucks' dunk team.  people around me were really into it, and they were tiwce my age.

or the Bucks' dancers at the women's UConn game.  not the young, tight ones... but that sexy sexy grandparent dance team.  HILARIOUS AND AWESOME.  the guy in the front row center, probably 70+, a bit hunchbacked, and looked like he should be feeding birds from some bench.  think abe vigoda today.  shuffles out on the court, then busts into the Hammer Shuffle.

those kept the crowd up and alert.  helps in big games.

fyi--- frisbee dogs- good (hilarious when the one pee'd on the court)