[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: It's clear we need a new coach and guards cannot win in college bball  (Read 4880 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
 ::)

Great game.

Nice job by the boys and the coaching staff.....again.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
Re: It's clear we need a new coach and guards cannot win in college bball
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 05:04:05 PM »
Chico's I love posts like these...your "Personally I Blame The Coaching Staff For This Win" still cracks me up.

tweakers_suck

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 05:14:56 PM »
It is a guards game, but I really like the way Barro has improved this year.  Actually, in last year's NCAA game in San Diego is when I'd say we really started to see what Barro can do.  This year he has added a few more moves to the basket.

Impressive win by MU!  Can't wait to see the new RPI.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 05:16:32 PM »
agreed - without barro stepping up like he has of late, this would not have been our game.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 05:18:47 PM »
Chico's I love posts like these...your "Personally I Blame The Coaching Staff For This Win" still cracks me up.

What I love is it shuts up the flamers with 10 posts or less who never feel compelled to post until we hit a little adversity.  Too easy to determine true fans and those that only spew negativity.

We still need to work on bad turnovers late in games, Louisville and now Pitt, but at the end of the day we still won on the road and are 17-4 with a 4-2 conference record in one of the best leagues in the NCAA.

So where are the posters who were claiming this team was NIT bound and would be lucky to win a game after our first 6 conference games?  Anyone?  Anyone?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 05:19:15 PM »
agreed - without barro stepping up like he has of late, this would not have been our game.

No disagreement.  I would only add that having the triple threat opens it up for Barro in a huge way.  Without great guards, not sure he gets those open looks.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »
Impressive win by MU!  Can't wait to see the new RPI.

Real-time rpi has us up to 27, from 35.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 05:23:47 PM »

No disagreement.  I would only add that having the triple threat opens it up for Barro in a huge way.  Without great guards, not sure he gets those open looks.

and vice-versa.. herald the (more) balanced team play.  ;D
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 06:14:35 PM »
3-1 on the road with wins agains UConn, 'ville, and Pitt.  To the trolls, I say, take a suck of that.   Now, this team can still infuriate us and there will undoubtedly be games that we lose that we could win.  I said 10-6 before the season.   If we mess up a couple of winnable games, or regress to our poor ball movement, bad shooting ways, that will be accurate.   But I feel realllllll good right now.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 07:05:38 PM »
Now, this team can still infuriate us and there will undoubtedly be games that we lose that we could win.

One thing I like about this team is shaping up is that I don't necessarily agree with your comment.  I'd change it to, "there will probably be games that we lose that we could win" or even "there may be games that we lose that we could win."  I'm not comfortable with "undoubtedly."  This is a very talented team.    Although I figure they probably will lose one that they "should" win, it wouldn't shock me if this team won all the games that they "should" win.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 07:40:52 PM »
undoubtedly vs pobably or may.  fair enough.  i would rather you be right than me
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ToddPacker

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 07:43:42 PM »
I had hoped for 3-3 after this first stretch of games.  I am absolutely ecstatic with 4-2.  It's amazing how certain posters who claim to bleed blue and gold are often nowhere to be found after a huge win like this.  It's sad really.  Too bad for them, I guess.  I'm going to thoroughly enjoy rewatching that game!

Rocco

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
I'm thrilled with a 4-2 start!  We have a very favorable schedule for the next 5 or so.  Hopefully we can build up our RPI and standing in the conference and get at least a 4 seed come tourney time.

You guys should have seen the JSonline MU board after the game, it was flooded with Badger fans, they are so pathetic.  Did anyone hear Mike DeCourcy from the Sporting News say that Wisconsin Badger fans have the worst inferiority complex he has ever come across.

ONeills Barstool

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 08:01:28 PM »
I'm going to thoroughly enjoy rewatching that game!

Sure wish superstition hadn't kept from hitting the record button on the DVR.  Oh well, i'm much happier not having recorded it and wishing I could rewatch rather than vice versa. 

Great win on the road. AGAIN.  Kudos to the team for the outstanding free throw shooting down the stretch.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 09:13:15 PM »
I was so frustrated earlier this month, and all of last month, with the charity line stats.  TC said he'd fix it.  He did/they did.  Road wins are super sweet, and man, this one has made a snowy day in Milwaukee pretty sunny.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 09:15:09 PM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.