Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Full cupboard???  (Read 1458 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Full cupboard???
« on: February 25, 2009, 07:03:34 PM »
Dickie V said Crean left buzz with a full cupboard.  I may be wrong but I thought a full cupboard = talent starters and depth.  We do not have depth as we will see in the coming days without DJ.   
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
Re: Full cupboard???
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 07:12:01 PM »
This was definitely one of our worst fears.  One of our starters with a serious injury.  This is devastating and words cannot describe the pain DJ must be feeling now, emotionally.  This one hurts more than any MU loss I can imagine, no doubt.  Poor kid and I will be praying he can make it back this season.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 07:48:07 PM »
I'm thoroughly depressed, can't imagine how the team and DJ will be once this sets in.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »
Thing that scares me is that tonight they played on emotion, "let's win it for DJ" type of thing.  Once the depression sets in, well, we could have a lot of trouble the rest of the way without DJ.

Damn.  A real shame for these guys.

-SE

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »
Buzz will need to expand the rotation.  36 minutes to spread around.  hopefully others can step it up.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:10:05 PM »
Dickie V said Crean left buzz with a full cupboard.  I may be wrong but I thought a full cupboard = talent starters and depth.  We do not have depth as we will see in the coming days without DJ.   

He left us with three senior guards who started since they were freshman, and a junior who also has basically started for two years.  And new coach the the country would love to be left with that.

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »
It didn't help that Vitale was talking about our next year recruits ,when the game was pretty much decided,as if to say that our season is over .

mug644

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 08:24:47 PM »
Thing that scares me is that tonight they played on emotion, "let's win it for DJ" type of thing.  Once the depression sets in, well, we could have a lot of trouble the rest of the way without DJ.

Damn.  A real shame for these guys.

-SE

Yup. I can't help but feeling exactly as I did when Diener went down. We knew then that there was no reliable backup (and ended up with Jackson as point-center). At least this time we are not relying on DJ's scoring like we were with TD's.

Terrible for DJ, bummer and worse for the team.

feedback