Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Student Section.  (Read 6360 times)

MUWeb7

• Starter
Student Section.
« on: February 24, 2009, 01:54:10 PM »
I have a feeling that we are going to be STRONG tomorrow. There is nothing but talk about the game everywhere on campus today. I've heard of many-many people that will be skipping classes to wait in line and I'm afraid that my terribly early time for going to game (to get my seats) will be negated by crazed-out fans for tomorrow. This has yet to be a problem all season. Its exciting.

We ARE Pumped up! We Are Marquette!

🏀

• All American
Re: Student Section.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:57:55 PM »
It better be, if not it will truly show that today's students are indeed hairy wet cats.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:18:50 PM »
One good sign.  Both sections of my class tomorrow asked if we could move it to tonight so that they could line up for good seats.  Personally, I was pleased because it was going to be tight for me to get to the game.  Go Marquette!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:51:54 PM by radome »

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »
One good sign.  Both sections of my class tomorrow asked it we could move it to tonight so that they could line up for good seats.  Personally, I was pleased because it was going to be tight for me to get to the game.  Go Marquette!

No chance I would even think about going to class instead of this game if I was still in school.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 02:27:58 PM »
I'm skipping my once-a-week senior capstone for this game.

mucrew08

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 02:32:27 PM »
I took the day off work to go stand in line, its going to be a great game. I can't wait!

Lets go MU!

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 02:39:05 PM »
The students will be LOUD for this kinda game, what about the rest of the BC?  I think thats a bigger concern?

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 02:41:37 PM »
Hopefully DaShonte Riley will be impressed

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 02:50:12 PM »
This is gonna be an awesome game!!  As a recent alumni who has student tickets... I am very nervous about getting a semi-decent seat as I have to work most of the day tomorrow... DAMNIT!!  Regardless, it'll be awesome to be there and enjoy the game!!!  The whole arena better be going NUTS for the entire game, not just in little bursts either!!

beaconwarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 02:53:18 PM »
How early are people lining up? Do I need to skip my 1 o'clock class to get a good seat?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 02:59:05 PM »
How early are people lining up? Do I need to skip my 1 o'clock class to get a good seat?

Yes.

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 03:02:56 PM »
haha i get to stroll in around 4:30 or 5:00 eat a hearty bradley center meal and sit closer to the court than all y'all  ;D

chapman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 03:03:48 PM »
I'll be in the back of the upper deck.  5 hours in line and skipping two classes to be sober with a good seat versus going to class and then going downtown for happy hour and stumbling into the upper deck...easy decision.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 03:08:29 PM »
Hoping the boss will let me sneak out a little early so I can grab a few libations before the game. Gotta love having a reserved seat! :)

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 04:56:21 PM »
I know my night class tmrw. is pretty much going to have single digit people there (probably just the MBA students).  However, I think the campus is going to be a dead zone by 2PM, since it seems like all the students I've talked to or overheard are heading down sometime after 12 or so. 

Since I don't think students are allowed to line up on Bradley Center grounds more than 6 hours prior to tipoff, I wouldn't be surprised to see students camping out on the sidewalks behind the Cell and the Milwaukee Theatre if you drove down State Street mid-morning tomorrow a la the overnight campout for the Pitt Gameday game in 2007.

God bless reserved seats this time of year  :)
The General has taken on a new command.

MUWeb7

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »
The students will be LOUD for this kinda game, what about the rest of the BC?  I think thats a bigger concern?

Agreed. I think its the Alums that are gonna have to worry about being the so called pu****s. The students will represent. Not sure about the rest.

No offense to the Alums on this board (as I'm sure you all are loud), but after traveling to Nashville for the Tenn game and to ND for that game...Those old people were LOUD and got things going more than the twice per game (if that) we get.

warriormom

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 05:28:47 PM »
Were you at the same ND game that I was?????Their non students were dead quiet.  Even at the end when it was a close game they weren't standing or yelling.
I haven't heard the students at the BC have to yell stand up to our old people at all this year like they did at ND

Warrior97

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 05:31:57 PM »
I am ready for this game as well.  One advantage of being the boss, taking the afternoon off and driving up from Chicago to have a few downtown before the game.

MUWeb7

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 05:43:17 PM »
Were you at the same ND game that I was?????Their non students were dead quiet.  Even at the end when it was a close game they weren't standing or yelling.
I haven't heard the students at the BC have to yell stand up to our old people at all this year like they did at ND

I have no clue where you were sitting, but they got riled up in my whole HALF of the stadium about 15+ times throughout the game. We're lucky to get our older crowd to stand up 5 times in a game.

DonCornholeone

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 05:44:50 PM »
Yeah, myself and 4 other alums are taking a half day tomorrow and driving up from Chicago.  And we all took a half day Thursday too, just in case...

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 06:07:49 PM »
I got the go ahead to leave work early for this one!  I wouldn't be suprised if the front row crew was already lined up!

yungmufan20

• Scholarship Player
  • The Three Amigos
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 06:16:33 PM »
skipping 10th hour to go early.... who needs chemistry anyways  ?-(

beaconwarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 06:19:32 PM »
Skipping 3 classes to head down early. I'm thinking classes should be held in the Bradley Center tomorrow...

bs4173

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 06:27:56 PM »
Would be skipping if not for a midterm right before the game  :-[

I'm cramming tonight to get out of that test as fast as possible, though. All my close friends are getting there by 3pm at the latest, though.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 06:31:47 PM »
I'll need to give MUFan12 props for bringing this one to my attention, but apparently University Ministry decided to push back the 8PM Ash Wendnesday mass at Gesu to 10PM instead. 

You KNOW it's a big game when the Jesuits are pushing back mass  :P
The General has taken on a new command.

feedback