Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Am I the only one tired of the 'dumb' Buzz...  (Read 5585 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Am I the only one tired of the 'dumb' Buzz...
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 09:20:40 PM »
Such as starting threads like this:

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=12828.0

Yes, I posted an article about UCONN from one of UCONN's beat writers a few days before we play....wait for it.....wait for it.....UCONN.    :o
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:29:45 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 09:27:01 PM »
do you feel you need to defend every Crean post?  Your passive-agressive posts scattered thoughout this board and your luke warm at best aceptance of the job Buzz has done and the unwillingness to admit those of us that said Buzz would hit a homerun is sad.   

BTW why are you even here anymore now that your man crush is at indiana you should be all set?

My "passive-agressive" (sic) posts scattered throughout.  My "luke warm" (sic) "aceptance" (sic) of Buzz?  It's hard to even follow your writing.  Please tell me you did not graduate from Marquette.  Who is Luke Warm by the way?  Is he a new recruit?

I'm sorry that I haven't given Buzz the love to the level you think he deserves.  Almost daily I say he's done a great job or a terrific job or a fantastic job.  Next time I'll add "SUPER" in front.

Buzz has done a "SUPER fantastic" job this year.  I would not want to be classified as luke warm.....does SUPER put it over the top?

If it's ok with you, I'll stick to great, fantastic and terrific this year, but I won't start the ball licking for a few years.  I need to see a bit more if that's ok with you.

I'll ask you, why do you feel the need to trash the program and the second best run we had in the school history at EVERY TURN?  I'm just curious.

And I've answered that same question of yours at least 5 times now.  It's getting tiring so here's the last time.

I defend Crean because

He delivered us to a Final Four for the first time in 25+ years
He graduated 98.9% of his players
He had ZERO NCAA violations
Dwyane Wade
Travis Diener
Wes Matthews
Dominic James
Jerel McNeal
Steve Novak
CUSA Championship
Double digit Big East wins every season
Took over a program averaging 10,000 a game and made it into 15000+ a game
5 NCAAs in 7 years and left one more behind to make it 6 in 8 years this season
Al McGuire Center
Big East Admission
Because he tirelessly worked to put MU in the limelight.....MU was known in California for the first time in decades

I could go on, but those are the basic reasons.  He won, he put MU back on the map nationally, he didn't cheat, he recruited quality human beings.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 10:17:44 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »
Yes, I posted an article about UCONN from one of UCONN's beat writers a few days before we play....wait for it.....wait for it.....UCONN.    :o

You posting an article that questions the legitmacy of a future opponent is as fair and balanced as me posting recaps of IU games this season.  We both have an agenda.  The only difference is, I admit mine.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 10:08:10 PM »
You posting an article that questions the legitmacy of a future opponent is as fair and balanced as me posting recaps of IU games this season.  We both have an agenda.  The only difference is, I admit mine.

Black helicopters in your world?   ;D

Sorry, but you're wrong.  If I post an article next week on Pitt, am I questioning their legitimacy because they lost tonight?  Think about it.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 10:46:33 PM »
I defend Crean because

He delivered us to a Final Four for the first time in 25+ years
He graduated 98.9% of his players
He had ZERO NCAA violations
Dwyane Wade
Travis Diener
Wes Matthews
Dominic James
Jerel McNeal
Steve Novak
CUSA Championship
Double digit Big East wins every season
Took over a program averaging 10,000 a game and made it into 15000+ a game
5 NCAAs in 7 years and left one more behind to make it 6 in 8 years this season
Because he tirelessly worked to put MU in the limelight.....MU was known in California for the first time in decades

I defend Mike Deane because

He delivered us to the NIT Championship game for the first time in 25 years
He had ZERO NCAA violations (that I can recall)
Aaron Hutchins
Zack McCall
Dick Shaw
Jarrod Lovette
Mike Bargen
John Cliff
John Polonowski
Brian Wardle
Greg Clausen
John Cliff
David Diggs
Jon Harris
Oluoma Nnamaka
Cordell Henry
Only TWO of his recruits transferrred
CUSA Tournament Champions
Only one of two MU coaches to record three postseason wins in their first season at Marquette
STILL the only MU coach to win the first 6 games of their inaugural season (Buzz lost his 6th to Dayton, first win was an exhibition win)
First 4 of 5 were 20+ win seasons
He wasn't 2-3 in the NIT
Only had ONE year of no post-season appearances
Bravely led MU through the name change to Golden Eagles
Because he's fiery and wore tinted glasses

I could go on, but those are the basic reasons.  He won, he brought MU through some tough times, he didn't cheat, he recruited quality human beings and legendary MU players.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 10:48:55 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 11:10:44 PM »

Aaron Hutchins
Zack McCall
Dick Shaw
Jarrod Lovette
Mike Bargen
John Cliff
John Polonowski
Brian Wardle
Greg Clausen
John Cliff
David Diggs
Jon Harris
Oluoma Nnamaka
Cordell Henry
Only one of two MU coaches to record three postseason wins in their first season at Marquette
STILL the only MU coach to win the first 6 games of their inaugural season (Buzz lost his 6th to Dayton, first win was an exhibition win)
He wasn't 2-3 in the NIT

I could go on, but those are the basic reasons.  He won, he brought MU through some tough times, he didn't cheat, he recruited quality human beings and legendary MU players.

Actually, I'm pretty certain Hutchins, McCall and Shaw were O'Neill recruits.
And at least three of Deane's recruits transferred: Mason, Minor and Hester. If you want to cut him slack for Hester becaus ehe left during Crean's tenure, then you have to count McCall against Deane.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 11:19:15 PM »

Aaron Hutchins
Zack McCall
Dick Shaw
Jarrod Lovette
Mike Bargen
John Cliff
John Polonowski
Brian Wardle
Greg Clausen
John Cliff
David Diggs
Jon Harris
Oluoma Nnamaka
Cordell Henry
He wasn't 2-3 in the NIT

That is a legendary list of players my friend!   ;)  Don't forget he took a team with two future NBA players (Crawford and Amal) plus Tony Miller plus Aaron Hutchins plus Faisal Abraham plus Roney Eford plus Anthony Pieper to the NIT.  How that team with that talent didn't make the NCAAs is still baffling, especially after starting the year 8-1.

But he would have some killer drinks with you after the games at Turners, and that's really all that matters

PS  I loved Mike. Thought he got the shaft after year 5 and deserved another year.  Ran a clean program and won a lot of games, but he thought MU was at it's nadir which it clearly wasn't.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 11:21:03 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 11:32:40 PM »
PS  I loved Mike. Thought he got the shaft after year 5 and deserved another year.  Ran a clean program and won a lot of games, but he thought MU was at it's nadir which it clearly wasn't.

Deane was a decent guy and all, but he most definitely didn't get the shaft. He was running the program into the ground, and all his hanging out with alums postagame at Turners didn't change that fact. Cords did the right - if somewhat unpopular - thing by pulling the plug before any more damage was done.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 11:41:58 PM »
Deane was a decent guy and all, but he most definitely didn't get the shaft. He was running the program into the ground, and all his hanging out with alums postagame at Turners didn't change that fact. Cords did the right - if somewhat unpopular - thing by pulling the plug before any more damage was done.

Don't get me wrong, I think Cords definitely did the right thing.  I should have stated it more clearly, at the time I thought he got the shaft.  In hindsight, it was a great move.  I'm just sad for the folks here that lost a drinking buddy and as a result decided they hated the next coach because of it.   :P

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 08:17:29 AM »
That is a legendary list of players my friend!   ;)  Don't forget he took a team with two future NBA players (Crawford and Amal) plus Tony Miller plus Aaron Hutchins plus Faisal Abraham plus Roney Eford plus Anthony Pieper to the NIT.  How that team with that talent didn't make the NCAAs is still baffling, especially after starting the year 8-1.

LOL...Hutch - freshman.  Crawford, Fai & Piep - Sophs.

Reminds me of a team with Two NBAers plus two other starters from a Final Four team going to the NIT.

Gotta go, the black helicopters are back again...hopefully they don't follow me to meet Deane-o at Turners.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

feedback