[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: D-James and Votes  (Read 3031 times)

jos7287

• Walk-On
D-James and Votes
« on: February 21, 2009, 09:53:56 AM »
Look, I want you all to take a step back and think about every game we played this year whether we won or lost...  Where would we be without DJ?  All I can say is things would be ugly.

Dom is a great player who makes very few mistakes.  Get off your butts and vote for DJ there is no reason why he isn't winning the votes for the point guard award.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
Re: D-James and Votes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »
Look, I want you all to take a step back and think about every game we played this year whether we won or lost...  Where would we be without DJ?  All I can say is things would be ugly.

Dom is a great player who makes very few mistakes. 

Other than his shot selection.  :D
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 12:27:13 PM »
Clearly .. the fan base at FSU and Washington U have more dedicated fans, and are far more organized in their efforts to vote for their guy.   

We sent out 2800 emails, twice .. DJ has only 1200 votes to the Washington U player's 6300.    Clearly, they have some fans who are dedicated to showing their player some huge gratitude.

Results:
http://mywebdept.com/contacts/cousyvotingresults2.asp

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 05:00:40 PM »
i am voting daily on multiple computers and making my boyfriend remember, too... i'm trying!  MU athletics should be the ones sending out mass emails, though, guys.  don't get too down on yourselves it won't be your fault

is that only decided by fan voting, btw? I know jerel's is only based on votes for 1/3 of the decision making.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 05:07:38 PM »
Do it.

For DJ.
SS Marquette

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 05:45:33 PM »
Simple:  DJ has helped our team.  He is a Marquette player.  Why would we NOT want the publicity (positive) of getting an MU player the award?  That is good for Marquette, good for James, and good for MU basketball.

So. . . . let's get him some votes!

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 08:48:52 PM »

and McNeal, too, - his percentage of votes has pretty much stayed the same for a while now -

You would think with the PA announcement at the last two games that his percentage would be higher - they should really announce DJ's too (wonder why they don't??)

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 09:12:53 PM »
Clearly .. the fan base at FSU and Washington U have more dedicated fans, and are far more organized in their efforts to vote for their guy.   

We sent out 2800 emails, twice .. DJ has only 1200 votes to the Washington U player's 6300.    Clearly, they have some fans who are dedicated to showing their player some huge gratitude.

Results:
http://mywebdept.com/contacts/cousyvotingresults2.asp
apples and oranges. fsu and washington both have so many more alumni and supporters. i don't know what the criteria are for this award, but James simply isn't the best one on the list. Just b/c MU doesn't get a stellar turnout for this vote doesn't mean fans aren't grateful

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
Wonder how many D3 players have won the Cousy award.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 09:55:23 PM »
Wonder how many D3 players have won the Cousy award.

I voted for a D3 player last year...Andrew Olson from Amherst College. Had an incredible four years, starting off with stepping in as a freshman for a three-year starter who went down early in the season with a broken leg. Led Amherst to the D3 title game last year. I simply didn't feel that any other point guard had a better season.

DJ has been amazingly valuable for MU, no denying how important he has been in the period since the Final Four, as we entered the BEast, in the transition to Buzz. He should and will go down as one of the key players in our history.

That said, I do believe in keeping awards such as the Cousy award as "true" as possible. DJ is not the best point guard this year, despite his value to MU.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 10:05:22 PM »
Yes, he is the best PG this year.  You know why?

Because he's YOUR point guard.

Your spouse is your best friend, your kids are the best kids.  You are the #1 Dad.  And DJ is the best PG. 

That's freaking why.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »
dont give me that alumni population BS!!!  DJ has just over a thousand votes and MuScoop has about 200 visitors on a good day.  If each of those only 200 voted every day that is 1400 a week.  Dont give me the alumni population crap!!  Also which ever douce said "shot selection" must have missed todays game!!

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 01:43:45 AM »
dont give me that alumni population BS!!!  DJ has just over a thousand votes and MuScoop has about 200 visitors on a good day.  If each of those only 200 voted every day that is 1400 a week.  Dont give me the alumni population crap!!  Also which ever douce said "shot selection" must have missed todays game!!
its not really something you can ignore. washington has 40K students, and fsu has something around 30K. MU has about 8K undergrads. you do the math .

the whole "vote for your brother" argument is fair. which i did. but its not going to win it for james. i agree he is an integral part of MU's team and will (and should) go down in history as a top ten player, but the competition for this award is respectable, and james doesn't deserve to win it.

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 10:38:40 AM »
If you don't bullet vote for Jerel and Dominic; you can turn in your Marquette Nation card!
Seriously, show some love.  I know they both aren't likely to win, but I want them to at least be recognized. That's why I've been voting every day.
"We have the blues on the run!"

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »
I can understand FSU's votes being so high, but I gotta think they AND WashU must have a computer program or something!

Those totals are astronomical!
SS Marquette

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 04:53:27 PM »
its not really something you can ignore. washington has 40K students, and fsu has something around 30K. MU has about 8K undergrads. you do the math .

the whole "vote for your brother" argument is fair. which i did. but its not going to win it for james. i agree he is an integral part of MU's team and will (and should) go down in history as a top ten player, but the competition for this award is respectable, and james doesn't deserve to win it.

All I know is if every season ticket holder voted once a week we'd have 10,000? more votes.  How many of them are there??

feedback