[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Pitt Fans respect the heck out of your team....  (Read 2676 times)

pittguy5593

• Walk-On
Pitt Fans respect the heck out of your team....
« on: January 19, 2007, 06:58:46 PM »
We respect your "Big 3"...all drive to the hoop and get to the lane as good as anyone in the country.  Hopefully Gray, Kendall, Biggs, et al. can clog up the middle and minimize the damage.  It has been very strange this week with Gray's injury.  He played well with it Tuesday night and tests later in the week show no breaks or tears.  He is the soul of this team.  We would have big problems without him.

Our team is a little different than last year.  The addition of Mike Cook at small forward and the improved play of sophomore LaVance Fields has made us much better offensively.  We are getting alot more penetration offensively, not near what you guys get, but alot better than last year.  We have been successful kicking it back out to Ramon and Graves who are both hitting near or over 50% from three land. 

Believe me, we know all about your team and weren't too happy when we found we had to play you twice again this year.  Hoping we can do alot of damage inside with our big boys and minimize James and Mathews. 

Hail to Pitt!!

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Pitt Fans respect the heck out of your team....
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 07:07:08 PM »
welcome to MU country pittguy!

The respect is certainly mutual then.. I know a lot of people are thinking this is our toughest game on the road for the entire season.  Funny thing is, you'll be our toughest game at home for the entire season too come march 3rd.

Great matchup - that is for sure!

yes.. hail on pitt  ;D
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 07:40:24 PM »
thanks for the kind words. I expect a tough game between two hot teams and two class coaches. Hope we all come out of it healthy.

UPitt89

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:35:26 PM »
thanks for the kind words. I expect a tough game between two hot teams and two class coaches. Hope we all come out of it healthy.

Well.. I don't know about you, but *I* certainly plan to come out of it healthy.   :D

I know my seats are up in nose-bleed country (Row J of section 203), but I still plan to make it home in one piece. 

;D

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 12:58:59 AM »
I like that Gray has an "injury"...sure sounds like a minor diversion...head games from the Pitt side.
SS Marquette

UPitt89

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 01:26:20 AM »
I like that Gray has an "injury"...sure sounds like a minor diversion...head games from the Pitt side.

Not really... they were talking about it during the UConn game... he got hurt earlier in that day and had an xray before the game.

This was before Marquette was the "next" opponent.

He's going to play, and he'll be fine.... but there's no head-games here.