Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tom Crean  (Read 20475 times)

jpwi2004

• Walk-On
Tom Crean
« on: February 20, 2009, 09:19:11 AM »
Did anyone see Crean just pulling away from Bo Ryan after the loss last night at Indiana? Ryan as we all know is one of the class acts in the game. He was trying to say something to Crean when they shook hands and Crean was physically pulling himself away from him. The guy is a fricking baby. You got beat Tom. Look him in the eye despite your insecurities as a coach. You suck Crean. BTW I am not a Badger fan.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
Re: Tom Crean
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 09:27:21 AM »
I did notice that and had to laugh.  He may be wearing red ties and drinking Coke but he's still a poor loser.  That used to really bug me about him....win AND lose like a man.

It was cute how the IU faithful were so excited to be down 1 at the half.

That said, and no offense, I think we should automatically place all Crean-led threads in the Superbar automatically.

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:36:33 AM »
Did anyone see Crean just pulling away from Bo Ryan after the loss last night at Indiana? Ryan as we all know is one of the class acts in the game. He was trying to say something to Crean when they shook hands and Crean was physically pulling himself away from him. The guy is a fricking baby. You got beat Tom. Look him in the eye despite your insecurities as a coach. You suck Crean. BTW I am not a Badger fan.

Those quick handshakes after losses did bother me.  However I think you forgot the teal for one sentence in your post.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 09:38:58 AM »
Those quick handshakes after losses did bother me.  However I think you forgot the teal for one sentence in your post.

For example?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 09:51:13 AM »
For example?

There have been several times over the past few years when he just blows through the line, even when it seems like the other coach wants to say something.  Sometimes they were the same games when he didn't come out and do the radio show.  Not doing the radio show is fine, because I can understand how he feels after tough losses.  (I know how I feel after tough losses.)  Now maybe it's tough losses to coaches he dislikes.  Either way, it doesn't look great.

However I strongly disagreed with the original poster's opinion of Bo Ryan, which is why I fixed that sentence by making it teal.  I would have loved to see Crean and IU come out on top last night.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 09:54:12 AM »
Thank God somebody around here finally created a thread bashing Tom Crean.

nola03

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 10:33:45 AM »
However I strongly disagreed with the original poster's opinion of Bo Ryan, which is why I fixed that sentence by making it teal.  I would have loved to see Crean and IU come out on top last night.

Anyone remotely in tune with Marquette recruiting from 2002-2006 would know that Bo Ryan isn't "one of the class acts in the game". Some dirty stuff parlayed.

Of course, that's how it is with every coach: your guy is the best and classiest; their guy is the worst and slimiest.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 10:41:36 AM »
Anyone remotely in tune with Marquette recruiting from 2002-2006 would know that Bo Ryan isn't "one of the class acts in the game". Some dirty stuff parlayed.

Of course, that's how it is with every coach: your guy is the best and classiest; their guy is the worst and slimiest.

Unless your guy is Kelvin Sampson.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 10:52:37 AM »

I know enough people who know Ryan who think he is a great coach...but a prick.

You can say that about a lot of coaches though.

GasPasser

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 11:11:25 AM »
The Man of Tan is a shameless jerk off. He has no dignity!

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 11:30:07 AM »
He actually looked like he's been laying of the Hawaiian Tropic lately. Ran into Freeway last night at my buddy's basketball game and he was absolutely flying off the handle because the Badgers were only up by one at half. Needless to say, he felt much better after UW won and he proceeded to knock down four threes in a row after the game, no joke. Dude can shoot.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 01:34:31 PM »
When ESPN panned the crowd with about 4 minutes left, the joint had pretty much cleared out except for the student section. These folks know their basketball and I wonder just how long turtlehead's honeymoon will last. Also, sour puss actually sat down on the bench and looked resigned in defeat in the second half.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 02:16:20 PM »
I ran into an MU alum from Evanville last week and she said TC virtually walks on water in the Indiana media's eyes. I would think he'll be regarded as a savior for at least three years.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 02:20:47 PM »
When ESPN panned the crowd with about 4 minutes left, the joint had pretty much cleared out except for the student section. These folks know their basketball and I wonder just how long turtlehead's honeymoon will last. Also, sour puss actually sat down on the bench and looked resigned in defeat in the second half.

If he doesn't produce a high quality team (Big Ten champ or Final Four) in 4 years (so 3 more years after this season), he is out.  I think he will be out in that time period.  I think the Big Ten is going to be a tough conference in the next few years.  Illinois and OSU have awesome classes coming in.  MSU will be tough.  Minnesota will keep on getting better and Michigan is getting in the mix.  WI is consistently solid.  Crean is going to have a tough ride.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 03:02:57 PM »
Love this clip of TC after his loss last night....looks like the losing is catching up to him.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/That-s-Tom-Crean-in-the-spotlight-losing-his-re?urn=ncaab,142888

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 04:43:07 PM »
BoBo must really be under his skin.

milkbone

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 06:42:09 PM »
If he doesn't produce a high quality team (Big Ten champ or Final Four) in 4 years (so 3 more years after this season), he is out.  I think he will be out in that time period.  I think the Big Ten is going to be a tough conference in the next few years.  Illinois and OSU have awesome classes coming in.  MSU will be tough.  Minnesota will keep on getting better and Michigan is getting in the mix.  WI is consistently solid.  Crean is going to have a tough ride.
No way, Indiana will pay Crean over 2 mil a year for the last 6 years of his contract. Face it Ind is struck with TC unless they can break the contract.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
IU class ranked #1 in recruiting
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 07:56:20 PM »

I'll take that bet.  Number one, he has a huge contract with many years, no way he won't be there in a few years.  He has a good class coming in next year and the makings of an even better one the year after if it all comes together.

The Big Ten is better than it has been, but he'll be in there 3 years from now.  If he can take Marquette, playing in CUSA, playing in an absolute DUMP like the Old Gym, coming off a non NIT year averaging 9,500 fans a game to where he took MU.....well he'll get it done at IU with a lot less hurdles in his way.

He already has landed a top class for next year.....Bob Gibbons had it rated as tied for the best in the country with North Carolina a few months ago.  Not sure where he has it ranked now, but it's certainly way up there and the next class he is in on some of the very top players.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2008/09/indiana-hoosiers-2009-recruiting-class/

Other sites say #1 Big Ten recruiting class and #7 overall.  http://indiana.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=882756
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:07:58 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 07:58:01 PM »
Thank God somebody around here finally created a thread bashing Tom Crean.

+1.These guys are an embarassment. What are they going to do when Crean starts winning at IU? Move on!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 08:06:10 PM »
+1.These guys are an embarassment. What are they going to do when Crean starts winning at IU? Move on!!

Exactly.  But that won't stop many from dreaming and praying each night.  I'll say this, if MU is equal to IU in 4 years, it means Buzz and the program are doing very well because IU will be very good by that point.

Big Daddy Z

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 08:28:44 PM »
TC gets to go to Mad-town in 2 weeks..that should be enjoyable.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 10:01:38 PM »
Exactly.  But that won't stop many from dreaming and praying each night.  I'll say this, if MU is equal to IU in 4 years, it means Buzz and the program are doing very well because IU will be very good by that point.

Totally agree. TC will be very successful at IU, just like he was at MU.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 07:14:39 AM »

can we all agree - he is successful and an asshat....

mviale

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 08:26:52 AM »
can we all agree - he is successful and an asshat....
+1
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259