Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What was Marquette's technical for?  (Read 1827 times)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
What was Marquette's technical for?
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:53:43 PM »
Technical on our bench.  Wasn't paying close enough attention.  Spousal unit not much help either.  Why was it called?
Ludum habemus.

spartan3186

• All American
Re: What was Marquette's technical for?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:56:09 PM »
On the post game Buzz said he said "foul" and the ref didn't like it too much. Same as the first "T"

OregonWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:59:51 PM »
Refs were terrible. Looked like they were trying to take back control of the game by dishing out technicals. Marquette overcame the Hall and the refs in the second half. Solid win tonight despite a less-than-stellar first half.

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:06:40 PM »
kind of odd since mathews was fouled on a drive to the basket and the foul was called.  I enjoyed watching Buzz when the T's were called on SH, the idiot grey hair ref came to the MU bench and asked Layer if Buzz wanted an explanation, he said no.  Buzz was seated at the end of the bench and didn't move when the T's were being shot.

I really can't believe how they let Gonzalez jaw with the refs and how many times they went over and explained something to him, I know Buzz is new but this hierarchy is BS.  If anyone saw the Uconn Pitt game last night it was similar to what Calhoun could say compared to Dixon, not equitable and reeks of the NBA star system with fouls.

romey

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:25:46 AM »
How many times and how long were those "stoppages"?  What is the deal with the "checking the monitor on the three point shots"?  Can a coach "appeal" that without calling a timeout?  Maybe Gonzalez knew how terrible Dom has been from three-point distance so he said - "He must've been on the line, becasue he never makes three pointers, can you review that?"

Seriously though, I thought the refs were the ones that stopped games to review the monitors.  The announcers made it sound like Gonzalez asked for the review. 

bma725

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 12:38:46 AM »
How many times and how long were those "stoppages"?  What is the deal with the "checking the monitor on the three point shots"?  Can a coach "appeal" that without calling a timeout?  Maybe Gonzalez knew how terrible Dom has been from three-point distance so he said - "He must've been on the line, becasue he never makes three pointers, can you review that?"

Seriously though, I thought the refs were the ones that stopped games to review the monitors.  The announcers made it sound like Gonzalez asked for the review. 

It sure looked like he asked for the review.  The foul had been called and he was screaming at the refs and pointing at the spot where James had been standing.

romey

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 12:42:04 AM »
Then that's BS.  I mean, we're a tempo team and they stopped play for like three minutes.  It wasn't even close.  One check of the replay and it's "Sit down Gonzo, he was six inches behind the line, Play ball."

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 12:48:08 AM »
Buzz's 1st "T" ever he screamed "FOUL".........fool me once
Buzz's 2nd "T" ever he screamed "FOUL".........did you really????

He was absolutely hilarious when the Garcia fouling out fiasco happened. Hiding at the end of the bench by Fr. Kelly when an official asks for him and he justs waves his hand. The ball goes down the court and he gets up. The ball comes back on MU's end and he hides at the end of the bench again. THIS GUY IS REALLY FUNNY!!! Pretty smart move too.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 11:03:34 AM »
Buzz's 1st "T" ever he screamed "FOUL".........fool me once
Buzz's 2nd "T" ever he screamed "FOUL".........did you really????

He was absolutely hilarious when the Garcia fouling out fiasco happened. Hiding at the end of the bench by Fr. Kelly when an official asks for him and he justs waves his hand. The ball goes down the court and he gets up. The ball comes back on MU's end and he hides at the end of the bench again. THIS GUY IS REALLY FUNNY!!! Pretty smart move too.

I noticed that too! I thought it was funny as well.