Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue (and Gold) vs. Gray  (Read 1942 times)

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
Blue (and Gold) vs. Gray
« on: January 17, 2007, 02:06:44 PM »
We all know Gray practically owns the paint in a half court type of game.  He is a rebounding machine and is a good inside scoring threat. 

However, if I remember the last year's games correctly, Gray does not run the floor well.  He could be outclassed by Barro in transition, especially given Barros improvement this year. 

I think Pitt is going to try to slow the tempo and keep this a controlled half court game.  MU will try to turn the game into a track meet.  If MU get's a couple of good runs and gets a decent lead, Pitt may find it hard to get back into the game given their style of play. Any thoughts?

In any event, it should be a good game, I can hardly wait

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: Blue (and Gold) vs. Gray
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 02:15:15 PM »
I have been thinking about this as well, and he is my biggest concern going into this game. I think you are right that we have to run his ass up and down the court as much as possible, and drive the ball right at him in the half court. As good as Pitt's perimeter guys are defensively, we all know that James and McNeal will still be able to get into the lane any time they want to. The best way to attack him is to do just that...go right at him and make him defend - tire him out and/or get him into foul trouble. If we force him to the bench, our chances of winning go up significantly.

Wade-A-Minute

• Walk-On
Re: Blue (and Gold) vs. Gray
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 02:25:43 PM »
Even iff we neutralize Gray, Ramone and Fields are decent 3-point shooters so they will still have some fire-power. We can't let Ramone get on a role.

feedback