[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another DWade Debacle  (Read 2412 times)

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
The General has taken on a new command.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Another DWade Debacle
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:00:41 PM »
Hmmm... certainly doesn't sound good.  :(

However, it also sounds like it could be sour grapes on this guys behalf.

I don't know anything about this guy and Wade's business relationship, but if it ended poorly, this would be the easiest way to get back at Dwyane.

Just say stuff like "I saw him smoke weed" and "he cheats on his wife". Pro athletes carry a pretty bad rep, so it's not hard to get a blog to pick up the story.

GuyIncognito

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 12:44:47 PM »
I'm sure if there was any truth to these "wild marijuana sex parties" this wouldn't be the first we'd be hearing about it.

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 12:48:22 PM »
Let's hope this is not true. Dwade is great representative for the school and this tarnishes everything. Honestly, what happened to the good ol' days when we did not hear this stuff? These sports stars are quickly making high school sports look much more appealing.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 12:58:35 PM »
It's sad to say, but smoking some week and getting down and dirty with some hoochies you met in the club aren't really that big of a deal. I'm getting really tired of this whole "you smoke week so you are a bad person" nonsense in the media. The fact of the matter is he's divorced and likes having a good time. Let's not make him out to be one of the Jesuits from Marquette. He's a former hoops player from the South Side of Chicago who likes blunts and women. Big deal.
We Are Marquette

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »
It's sad to say, but smoking some week and getting down and dirty with some hoochies you met in the club aren't really that big of a deal. I'm getting really tired of this whole "you smoke week so you are a bad person" nonsense in the media. The fact of the matter is he's divorced and likes having a good time. Let's not make him out to be one of the Jesuits from Marquette. He's a former hoops player from the South Side of Chicago who likes blunts and women. Big deal.

But he did claim in an ESPN interview a couple years back to: Not drink, swear, do drugs, or frequent clubs. In the story Shaq had to go pluck him out of line at a club in Miami because he didn't know he could just walk right in. No one is saying he has to be a Jesuit, but it was just refreshing to see a young NBA star not fitting the stereotypes.   
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 01:39:29 PM »
No one is saying he has to be a Jesuit, but it was just refreshing to see a young NBA star not fitting the stereotypes.   

No doubt, and you are right - it was refreshing. But it was all just PR in the end, and I guess its no surprise that behind that squeaky clean image was a young kid from the South Side that likes blunts and broads. I do too, by the way. Been a while since I hit a blunt, and I'm married, but when I was his age I'd get blown with my crew and then go out and party and try to meet girls. It's only news because its D-Wade.
We Are Marquette

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 02:04:09 PM »
I'm sure if there was any truth to these "wild marijuana sex parties" this wouldn't be the first we'd be hearing about it.

I'm sorry, but between this and the stuff from his divorce, this is just more than coincidence.  I know that we don't really want this stuff to be true because, starting when he first came to campus and culminating with the 2006 Sportsman of the Year, he seemed to be different - a guy who be a charitable Christian, great husband, great father, all while being a trancendent basketball player.

Well that isn't true, and we all feel duped about it, and what it means for our University.

feedback