Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The "where we came from" thread  (Read 6734 times)

ilovefreeway

The "where we came from" thread
« on: November 05, 2006, 10:25:40 AM »
We've been talking about high points in the TC era, let's remember where we came from and list some of the lows...

#1 for me would be the home pre-season NIT loss to S. Alabama 

thisists

• Starter
  • brew city bred
Re: The "where we came from" thread
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 10:33:59 AM »
that was a tough one, but ill keep it fresh...

Francisco Garcia's 3-pointer with 2.6 seconds left to cap a 14-0 run that gave Louisville a 64-61 win on Feb 17, 2005. 

(also devastating when Gaines did the same thing in 2003)

ilovefreeway

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 10:38:24 AM »
That's still a high point for me because we were good.  Being very good and taking a loss to another good team is part of hoops.  Having Brian Wardle score every single MU point in the first half against DePaul is not.  (that game would have been my #1 but I think that was Deane's last year and notin the TC era.)

thisists

• Starter
  • brew city bred
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 11:23:10 AM »
yeah, youre right... i wasnt exactly conforming to the "where we came from" theme.

how about the fact that we didnt make the post season (in either tourney) in TC's second year... pretty unsatisfying to be done with bball in the first week of march (id rather at least be able to watch our team play bad for a couple more games than to have such a void). its almost as sad as the packers not making the playoffs... the brewers, we're used to it.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 11:36:39 AM »
If we are talking about the Tom Crean era than it has to be Western Michigan NIT debacle where we lost 54-40 and looked brutal.  Also, all the talk leading up to Mason's transfer soon after that loss.  A definite low point.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 11:53:52 AM »
that was us in that game???
ugh.. I had somehow repressed that memory.. why oh why are you torturing me so?!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

bheitz

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 12:42:57 PM »
Mark me down for the Western Michigan loss.  And that's all I've got to say about that.

herboturbo

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 03:32:25 PM »
That Wardle game was definently Creans first season as I was a freshman when it happened.  It was also one of the first MU games I went to.  It's amazing that I attended another game after watching the BW3 offense score all 17 or 18 of our first half points. 
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

ilovefreeway

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 03:39:24 PM »
I just remember with about 90 sec left in the first half we were chanting "We Are...Wardle"

warriors_mu

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 05:07:13 PM »
I agree, the Western Michigan loss was brutal. A team that could have been pretty good had it not been for injuries to Diener. It was a disapointing loss to end a disapointing season.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 09:38:21 AM »
I would have to go with the Wardle game.  If was my freshman year, and I remember thinking how much better he was than any of the other players on the team.  I felt the program was going down hill losing "irreplacables" like Wardle are Nmamaka to graduation.  Hard to believe the season after next would bring in DWade.  To my astonishment, he actually ended up being better than Wardle. IMO ;)

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 11:13:40 AM »
I agree, the Western Michigan loss was brutal. A team that could have been pretty good had it not been for injuries to Diener. It was a disapointing loss to end a disapointing season.

The Western Michigan game was just the capper that I remember the most as being a low point.  You have to remember that once Diener went down, we got humiliated in quite a few games.  The Louisville game was 99-52 on national tv and we only scored 39 against Saint Louis.  There was a dark cloud hanging over the program for a lot of MU supporters.  Transfers every year and the last month of that season there was talk of Mason leaving the program.  Definitely a low point.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 11:19:40 AM »
There was nothing worse than the 47 point loss at Louisville when we could barely get the ball past mid-court.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 02:20:55 PM »
yup.
looville.
just flat out nasty.

:P

feedback