[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Browser wars  (Read 3204 times)

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
Browser wars
« on: February 04, 2009, 09:56:15 AM »
Get Firefox.  Never crashes.
The General has taken on a new command.

yellow chickens

• Scholarship Player
Browser wars
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 11:20:29 AM »
Get Firefox.  Never crashes.

false. firefox performed worse for me than even ie. google chrome seems to be the best

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Browser wars
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 12:33:59 PM »
false. firefox performed worse for me than even ie. google chrome seems to be the best

/rantOn
You should stick to speaking about what you know.

Google Chrome is, at best, a security hazard.

Firefox is faster and more secure than IE.  If you have to go to sites that require IE (because IE isn't standards compliant, so websites written specifically for IE won't render properly in other browsers) get the IE Tab plugin for Firefox.

ActiveX may as well have been written as a virus/malware delivery system.  Some might argue that Firefox is only more secure than IE because fewer people use it, and they may be right.  But counting on security through obscurity is a better idea than wishing than knowing that IE is insecure and slow, but continuing to use it regardless.

/rantOff

Big Papi

• All American
Browser wars
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 03:48:49 PM »
/rantOn
You should stick to speaking about what you know.

Google Chrome is, at best, a security hazard.

Firefox is faster and more secure than IE.  If you have to go to sites that require IE (because IE isn't standards compliant, so websites written specifically for IE won't render properly in other browsers) get the IE Tab plugin for Firefox.

ActiveX may as well have been written as a virus/malware delivery system.  Some might argue that Firefox is only more secure than IE because fewer people use it, and they may be right.  But counting on security through obscurity is a better idea than wishing than knowing that IE is insecure and slow, but continuing to use it regardless.

/rantOff

My guess is that he knows from his experience with his pc that firefox performed worse for him than ie.  

I also don' t get the firefox lovefest as that crashes more often IE on my pc.  So faster and more secure... maybe if by secure you mean better protection against virus infections but I personally can't get through an entire sitting using firefox without it crashing and me having to re-start up again and again and again.

LON

• All American
Browser wars
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 03:51:30 PM »
My guess is that he knows from his experience with his pc that firefox performed worse for him than ie.  

I also don' t get the firefox lovefest as that crashes more often IE on my pc.  So faster and more secure... maybe if by secure you mean better protection against virus infections but I personally can't get through an entire sitting using firefox without it crashing and me having to re-start up again and again and again.

Let's be honest, Firefox only crashes when indulging in hours upon hours of German scat films...

Other than that I've never had a problem.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Browser wars
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 04:07:32 PM »
Since these posts had nothing to do with the Final Four prediction, I'm moved em here.  battle it out all you like.

BTW - I always use FireFox.  :P

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »
Can't beat Firefox.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 04:22:16 PM »
Safari!

PC's eat donkey balls.  BOOM!  Roasted.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 04:32:41 PM »
PC's eat donkey balls.

That's only because Macs are vegetarians.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 10:08:28 PM »
Safari!

Safari for windows = hot garbage