[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Buzz Post Game Show After DePaul  (Read 5200 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Buzz Post Game Show After DePaul
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:18:59 PM »
Said the last 12 minutes of the first half was the worst 12 minutes of the year.

🏀

• All American
Re: Buzz Post Game Show After DePaul
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:20:42 PM »
Can't argue that. Maybe Dayton.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 10:21:13 PM »
New drinking game.

"we got out of character" .. drink
"side top side"  drink
"paint touches" drink

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:22:06 PM »
Mac asked him about Butler's play.  Buzz said that anytime he is asked about Butler it is because they need him that game.  And they needed him today

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 10:22:24 PM »
Said the last 12 minutes of the first half was the worst 12 minutes of the year.

Hard to disagree. An 18pt lead was just 5 at half time. That said, was I the only one who was never really worried?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 10:23:23 PM »
Buzz thanks MU fans for making it feel like a quasi-home game

Norm

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 10:24:02 PM »
If the last 12 minutes of the 1st half were the worst of the season, how about calling a time out to settle things down?

MUFan71

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 10:25:06 PM »

Hard to disagree. An 18pt lead was just 5 at half time. That said, was I the only one who was never really worried?

No, the first game was ugly too.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 10:28:40 PM »
If the last 12 minutes of the 1st half were the worst of the season, how about calling a time out to settle things down?

I'm glad he didn't.  It was the first half, we could have gone in down 10 at the break and still been in good shape.  I like that he let the guys fight through it.  My only concern was they looked a bit tired at that stretch so maybe they need a blow more so than coaching.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Rossknife231

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 10:29:35 PM »

Because they had a TV timeout next stopage... Why waste a timeout against Depaul then? Buzz played it smart, the way they were playing who knows how many timeouts would have been needed for the second half?

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »

No. Our sleepwalking through the first half only to turn it on at the end has become a staple of our gameplans this year. With a talented senior team, I knew we'd take care of business.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 10:44:31 PM »
I'm glad he didn't.  It was the first half, we could have gone in down 10 at the break and still been in good shape.  I like that he let the guys fight through it.  My only concern was they looked a bit tired at that stretch so maybe they need a blow more so than coaching.

Mine too. Those guys look a bit sluggish. It's too bad DePaul just wouldn't give up. I would have preferred that the bench get some valuable minutes.

But in typical MU fashion, they came ready to play when the second half whistle sounded and pushed that 5 point gap to a more comfy lead (and held it).
SS Marquette

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 11:58:12 PM »
These runs that we allow DePaul and Rutgers are part of the reason our defense does not rank as high as last year.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 09:08:33 AM »
The first half DePaul run was triggered when Buzz put the bench in.  If the bench can't hold their own against DePaul, then they are not going to play significant minutes.   Why do we continue to talk like if the bench would only play a bit more that they would be fantastic.  Outside of Butler and Acker and on some nights Hazel, the bench isn't going to do anything beyond provide bodies for practice.  It is 22 games into the season and players don't improve very much after the first half of the season.

This is the team we have and it isn't going to change.....enjoy the ride!

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 09:12:44 AM »
The run did coincide with the bench in the game, but McNeal didn't help the cause.  Don't get me wrong, he's a great player and had a really good game.  But during that stretch he had his share of bad shots and turnovers that helped DePaul's cause. 
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 09:15:20 AM »
McNeal did fall into playground mode after hitting everything in the beginning.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »
It is scary how far our bench has regressed, except for Butler. Acker played terrific D in Notre Dame and can be counted on to harass the opposition at the defensive end, but his shot is non-existent. If they kept the NBA plus-minus stat for our games, I'd bet Cubes is about minus-60, which is stunning because he's played only 20 minutes the last six weeks. I have no idea what's up with Hazel and why he's getting no time. Fulce's knee must be bothering him again; I can't believe Buzz wouldn't try to find a few minutes for someone that lean and athletic.  

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 09:19:00 AM »
Fulce's knee must be bothering him again; I can't believe Buzz wouldn't try to find a few minutes for someone that lean and athletic.  

Buzz did find time for him.  About 4 minutes I believe.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 10:45:27 AM »
If we can just get 10 points from our bench on a regular basis that would be such a help.  Butler is basically the only one contributing points from the pine.  Just 10, and we are up a notch.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 10:56:54 AM »
It is scary how far our bench has regressed, except for Butler. Acker played terrific D in Notre Dame and can be counted on to harass the opposition at the defensive end, but his shot is non-existent. If they kept the NBA plus-minus stat for our games, I'd bet Cubes is about minus-60, which is stunning because he's played only 20 minutes the last six weeks. I have no idea what's up with Hazel and why he's getting no time. Fulce's knee must be bothering him again; I can't believe Buzz wouldn't try to find a few minutes for someone that lean and athletic.  

very odd statement...how has the bench regressed?  Acker has had some of his very best games over the last 3-4-5 games.  He is what he has been since he got here.... a replacement PG.   Cubi has regressed since his Freshman year but has not relly regressed sinc elast year or during this year in the sense that he never plays.  How exactly has Fulce regressed...is regressing going from street clothes and not precticing to dressing and getting very spot duty due to his November like experience level?  hazel regressed?  HMMm.  Thi is a guy who never even played last year and played this year when Hayward and/or Burke got into foul trouble.  They have avoided foul trouble over the last few eeks yet Hazel has regressed.  Additonally, Butler is the same size as HAzel and rebounds and scores better than him and has been getting minutes at the 4 while LAzar shifts to the 5.  We beat GTown and ND with this lineup...yet Hazle has regressed?   Very strange.  Comments. 

Please to all the posters that continually question why our inexperienced not yet ready for primetime bench is not playing  please reset your tivos to about 10 minutes left in the first half when Buzz did put them in a gainst Depaul.  This team has not changed....despite our ecord and success we staill are who we are.  And outr margin for victory is still very slim...as Depaul who has not won in Two months has shown us twice recently.  We are not so good we can play waht ever lineups we want and still waltz to victory at home or on the road.  This team is playing for a Big East title.  If you want to watch a team give equal playing time to each player please go watch them in practice or go wacth a local YMCA or PAL or CYO league for 8 year olds.

feedback