Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: a little love for Mo  (Read 1393 times)

robmufan

• All American
a little love for Mo
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:39:07 PM »
I may  not have read deep into some threads, but I think Maurice deserves A LOT of credit for the ridiculous on ball defense.  I was hesitant when he was put in, I thought McClarney was going to shoot right over him.  I thought this was one of our best defensive games to date this year!

Also big props for Lazar guarding Shrek and staying out of foul trouble, if Lazar will play D like this down low all  year, he is even more of a matchup nightmare!!!

Brew City

• Scholarship Player
Re: a little love for Mo
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 08:41:44 PM »
Agreed.  I was just going to post the same thing.  Acker's D was huge, and arguably the difference in the game.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 08:45:37 PM »
I may  not have read deep into some threads, but I think Maurice deserves A LOT of credit for the ridiculous on ball defense.  I was hesitant when he was put in, I thought McClarney was going to shoot right over him.  I thought this was one of our best defensive games to date this year!

Also big props for Lazar guarding Shrek and staying out of foul trouble, if Lazar will play D like this down low all  year, he is even more of a matchup nightmare!!!

HUGE D by both DJ and Mo, and great decision by Buzz to relieve DJ of the Doberman defense on McAlarney and pass it over to Mo.  Kept both guys fresh and constantly on him.

Lazar played great D today, but I don't know if it will be enough against Pitt, Uconn, UL, Georgetown...Harangody gets a lot of points in such goofy, unathletic ways, while the aforementioned teams all have guys that are ridiculously much more athletic than the ogre.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:48:39 PM »
Maurice did a great job on the pot smoking leprachaun the whole second half.

That being said I think the real props should go to Lazar and Matthews for how they defended Harangody down the stretch. Dwight Burke played well overall defensively but had difficulty occasionally keeping the pig out of the paint. Almost every shot Harangody took while Lazar was guarding him was falling away or off balanced jumpers.

I wonder though as to how effective Buzz's small lineup can continue to work. We gave up 8 offensive rebounds in the second half and only had three of our own in the second half.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »
Maurice did a great job on the pot smoking leprachaun the whole second half.

That being said I think the real props should go to Lazar and Matthews for how they defended Harangody down the stretch. Dwight Burke played well overall defensively but had difficulty occasionally keeping the pig out of the paint. Almost every shot Harangody took while Lazar was guarding him was falling away or off balanced jumpers.

I wonder though as to how effective Buzz's small lineup can continue to work. We gave up 8 offensive rebounds in the second half and only had three of our own in the second half.

I actually think it will work well against Gtown, thats about it. 

I think you can play Gtown close to the same philosophy as ND.  Let Monroe get his in the middle, let him drop 27!  If you control the other "role" players, i see a very similar game!

mviale

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 08:52:33 PM »
HUGE D by both DJ and Mo, and great decision by Buzz to relieve DJ of the Doberman defense on McAlarney and pass it over to Mo.  Kept both guys fresh and constantly on him.

Lazar played great D today, but I don't know if it will be enough against Pitt, Uconn, UL, Georgetown...Harangody gets a lot of points in such goofy, unathletic ways, while the aforementioned teams all have guys that are ridiculously much more athletic than the ogre.

Guess what we only have the play those teams one at a time and each of them have shortcomings.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

feedback