Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is Fulce hurt again?!?  (Read 2743 times)

Wade for President

• All American
Is Fulce hurt again?!?
« on: January 25, 2009, 04:41:03 PM »
That has to be the only logical reason why he didn't see a second of pt on Saturday.  Going from a relatively "breakout" performance @ Providence (minus the foul trouble), to ZERO min against DePaul at home, is borderline baffling for me.

He was active around the rim & hit a baseline jumper against the Friars, and doesn't break a sweat in Milwaukee?!?  With the meat of our schedule and big men a plenty ahead...how does Buzz bench a guy with SIZE (that term is used loosely with this years roster)?!? 

Did I miss a previous post?!?  I don't get it.

bma725

• All American
Re: Is Fulce hurt again?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 04:52:02 PM »
You've missed several posts.  It's not a question of being injured again, it's a question of the type of original injury.  Buzz has said all along that Fulce's injury is one where he will not get better as the season goes on, so Fulce will only play when he can tolerate the pain.  Given what he can do on the court, if he's not playing it is likely because he has so much pain he can't effectively play. 

If it were an NCAA game, you may throw him in there.  But a meaningless game against DePaul in January, there's no reason to put him through it.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 04:56:21 PM »
Fulce's 20 minutes of work this season are the most important minutes of the season.  We will lose the rest of our games if Fulce or Otule do not play.  They are totally in tune with the pace generated by role players like James, McNeal, Matthews and Hayward  Too bad Coach Williams can't figure this out, but he only gets to see them everyday in practice, while the rest of us get to see YouTube clips of them playing HS and JUCO ball.

I said it before, those two are role players this season and in some games they do not have a role.

yellow chickens

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 05:11:55 PM »
It may be that either buzz doesn't think he is ready for two games in three days, or he wants good opponents like notre dame to know as little as possible about fulce before playing us

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 05:41:15 PM »
My guess is that it would be hard for him to play twice in two days, so Buzz saved him for Notre Dame. I have to believe that Harnangody will foul out both Burke and Hazel.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 05:48:37 PM »
Exactly. Fulce is the type of defender you can put on Harangody, like Crean used Blackledge last year.  Although after watching last night, they should let him score 45 if he wants and just stop the other guys.

nola03

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 05:53:31 PM »
Why are some MU fans playing up Fulce as a weapon that once unleashed destroys all in his path?

Good opponents don't need to know about him? Saving him for Notre Dame? Springing him on teams like a surprise?

Fulce is a role player. A bench guy with one good knee. A glue man at best this season who looks like he'll blow every defensive assignment. I highly doubt he is being "saved" for anyone, much less a road game in which we're likely to see DJ, JM, WM, and LH pull 37+ minutes depending on foul situation.

Even with taking injuries into account, the evidence is mounting that Buzz is lukewarm in his relationship with the bench.

yellow chickens

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 06:04:28 PM »
Why are some MU fans playing up Fulce as a weapon that once unleashed destroys all in his path?

Good opponents don't need to know about him? Saving him for Notre Dame? Springing him on teams like a surprise?

Fulce is a role player. A bench guy with one good knee. A glue man at best this season who looks like he'll blow every defensive assignment. I highly doubt he is being "saved" for anyone, much less a road game in which we're likely to see DJ, JM, WM, and LH pull 37+ minutes depending on foul situation.

Even with taking injuries into account, the evidence is mounting that Buzz is lukewarm in his relationship with the bench.

because fulce is by far our best bench player and when healthy the most athletic forward on the team

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 07:10:13 PM »
Exactly. Fulce is the type of defender you can put on Harangody, like Crean used Blackledge last year.  Although after watching last night, they should let him score 45 if he wants and just stop the other guys.

I think that's been our M.O. historically :)

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »
Fulce got time vs Provicence because Burke & Hazel did not play well. If they play well, Fulce gets little or no time.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 09:22:18 PM »

I think that's been our M.O. historically :)

Yea, last year didn't Harangody drop like 25 on us, but we still beat the Irish by 30?
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 04:57:28 PM »
Yea, last year didn't Harangody drop like 25 on us, but we still beat the Irish by 30?

That's what i'm talkin' about! :D

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 05:02:44 PM »

Fulce is our new MBAKWE.  Once unleashed...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback