[Today at 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[Today at 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[Today at 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wade's Divorce Getting Ugly  (Read 4399 times)

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
Wade's Divorce Getting Ugly
« on: January 19, 2009, 04:08:21 PM »
The General has taken on a new command.

StillWarriors

• All American
Re: Wade's Divorce Getting Ugly
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:20:21 PM »
Was wondering when someone would post this. Not that her claims means it's all true, but you have to think there is at least some truth in there. Another reminder that the PR image isn't necessarily always the real deal. Nobody's perfect, but these allegations are pretty ugly. Can't say I'm surprised if he was sleeping around. Being the toast of the town in Miami......

The stuff about abandoning the kids is pretty sad though if there is any truth to it--certainly not going to help his pretty much flawless image to this point.

Hopefully this won't get even uglier--MU/Wade have been so actively linked over the years-wonder if MU backs out a bit if so.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 04:31:56 PM »
Hopefully this won't get even uglier--MU/Wade have been so actively linked over the years-wonder if MU backs out a bit if so.

Seems that has kind of happened anyway. I heard that Tom Crean has asked if they can hang his number 3 up in Bloomington.

It seems he is more or less just living the NBA life - got pregnant/married too young, etc. Still, to your point, this stuff does not scream great representative of MU.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 08:26:51 PM »
Was wondering when someone would post this. Not that her claims means it's all true, but you have to think there is at least some truth in there. Another reminder that the PR image isn't necessarily always the real deal. Nobody's perfect, but these allegations are pretty ugly. Can't say I'm surprised if he was sleeping around. Being the toast of the town in Miami......

The stuff about abandoning the kids is pretty sad though if there is any truth to it--certainly not going to help his pretty much flawless image to this point.

I do tend to agree where there is smoke there is fire...

However, to be fair, there really isn't any reason why she couldn't/wouldn't make a lot of stuff up to A. hurt him and B. put herself in position for a payday (ie Wade settle quickly in order to limit the amount of public embarrassment).

I'm not saying she's lying (she could totally be truthful), but the motivation to lie is high and the risk is low.

Usually the real truth comes out years and years later.

If she is telling the truth and he isn't such a good guy, then something else is likely to come up later in his life.

If she is lying/embellishing in an attempt to get even or for financial gain, then the odds are at some point you will hear about her again (in a negative light).

I hope they, and more importantly the kids get through it.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »
Hard for me to even consider the possibilty that she's lying...what she describes is essentially in the job description of any NBA player, let alone a young superstar.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 08:34:34 PM »
Let's hope they make their points and break it off cleanly, if they do go that way.

I support her in getting as much as she can to support their children, if what has been said ("he gave her complete custody") is true.
SS Marquette

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 09:34:05 PM »
Hard for me to even consider the possibilty that she's lying...what she describes is essentially in the job description of any NBA player, let alone a young superstar.

I know what you mean, but I hope people don't to use the sins of another man to condemn Dwyane. I'm not trying to be naive, just trying to be fair.

Certainly she knows that she accusing Dwyane of being "stereotypical NBA dirt bag" and it makes that makes the story (truth or not) very believable.

She could make the whole thing up, and if she gets caught, what's the penalty? (at this point, nothing). The reward could be $$$.

Like I said, the truth will probably come out over the years... hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 09:49:26 PM »
The only thing I don't get is Dwyane was the 2007 Father of the Year winner and she said Zion doesn't even recognize Wade.  I assume there was some kind of interaction between father and son for the award to the point where he would recognize his dad?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 10:33:39 PM »

Unless you are AC Green

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 12:32:06 AM »
Unless you are AC Green

The only NBA player who never scored !

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 07:24:47 AM »
The only thing I don't get is Dwyane was the 2007 Father of the Year winner...

As I saw posted elsewhere, even if every word is true, by NBA standards, he probably was still the most qualified.

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 11:52:50 AM »
That's too bad.....Good luck getting that list of his partners ... he probably couldn't name half of em.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:11:13 PM by rocky_warrior »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 12:20:52 PM »
Generally speaking, no NBA player should be married.

I think I've told this story before on here, but when I worked for the Bulls, in summer 2000, we had a free agent in town that we were trying hard to sign. He was married, and didn't bring his wife with him for his visit.

We went up to his hotel room to get him to head out to Gibson's for dinner. After knocking on the door for a minute, he answered, dressed in a towel. Asked us to come in and wait for him as he changed. While getting ready, a young woman came out of the bathroom, also dressed only in a towel.

One of our staff that caught up with us in the hotel lobby didn't know that he was married, and when we were walking to Gibson's, our front office guy mentioned all the "nice looking ladies" on Rush St. The NBA player said "I'm not into that, I'm married."

Who knows, maybe the gal that came out in just a towel was his sister.

Jules1993MUWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 09:59:10 PM »
What surprises any of you by this?  Do you read the news about pro-athletes or celebrities (which athletes are)?  I'm not trying to be stereo-typical, but really?  How many are faithful once the spotlight hits?  I've known and met pro-athletes and if they are in a bar, out of town, likely it's not to stay faithful.  While I do know those that stay clear of clubs, and just want a dive to hang out in, relax and not be recognized, most seek out the attention. 

I've always supported D-Wade, MU and am sorry he and his family are going through this.  No family should

Jules1993MUWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 10:10:06 PM »
To clarify, I was speaking of Pro-athletes that seek the spotlight (which D-Wade does).  Maybe that is the problem.  The Pro-athletes who treat it more as a job as opposed to a vehicle and ego boost, I'm sure they are much more successful in marriage.  I apologize as I do not have facts on those marriages, but the high profile celebrity athletes are always getting divorced.  I could list many from all sports, but I don't have time tonight.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »
What surprises any of you by this? 

I didn't see anyone suggest or even imply that they were surprised by it.

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 11:36:42 PM »
Really isn't surprising that he cheated on her numerous times. ... I actually wondered if they had an "understanding" of sorts.

I think she has known about this for awhile, so I wonder what changed....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:40:56 PM by rocky_warrior »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 12:04:58 AM »
People - please use some discretion before posting in this topic.  Isn't there  enough dirty laundry without adding to it?

I don't want to lock the topic - as it is a current (and public) event.  On the other hand Dwyane is a huge MU advocate - and I think leaving what remains of his personal life alone is the least we can do.