[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Presbyterian game comments  (Read 7279 times)

Big Papi

• All American
Presbyterian game comments
« on: December 28, 2008, 03:13:30 PM »
I am sure we will have more than our share of negative comments about this game so I will skip those and only post the positives:

Great first half defense.  I don't care what KenPom will have to say about this game, giving up only 18 in any half is exceptional

Acker finishes with 10 assists and 3 steals

Free throw shooting was very good as a whole and what about that Dwight Burke.  I think he was 4-4.

Speaking of Burke, aggressive on the offensive end and glass for a change.

Otule and Fulce getting some good minutes and a very nice offensive move by Otule for 2 in the second half

reinko

• All American
Re: Presbyterian game comments
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 03:46:21 PM »
I was there, and didn't see a whole lot of negatives.

Good three point shooting, solid defense, bench looked good.

Otule still pretty raw, but was very active and drew a crowd.  Fulce had an awesome block and looked much better overall.  Lazar's range is looking better and better.

One weird thing was that Frozena wasn't dressed and not on the bench, anyone know why?

susie90

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 03:52:32 PM »
Homer announced at some point "Rob had the Flu, too bad he would gotten some nice minutes..."  Sorry I had to miss the game.  My computer feed was horrible.  Sure looking forward to Jan. 1st!!

milkbone

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 03:52:50 PM »
I was there, and didn't see a whole lot of negatives.

Good three point shooting, solid defense, bench looked good.

Otule still pretty raw, but was very active and drew a crowd.  Fulce had an awesome block and looked much better overall.  Lazar's range is looking better and better.

One weird thing was that Frozena wasn't dressed and not on the bench, anyone know why?

Homer said he has the flu.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 04:07:09 PM »
Just back from the BC and I agree with Buzz, Burke's post defense (as well as Otule's) was poor.  Can't stand behind your guy.  Otherwise, a nice tuneup.  Fulce looked good.  I suspect he'll play more as time goes by.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 04:41:16 PM »
we need Burke to play well on defense which includes rebounding.  Offensively his play is somewhta immaterial we have 4 scorers as good as any 4 in the country.  Defense will win championships for us not turnign Dwight into a double didigt scorer.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »
How could you find anything negative, according to realtimerpi.com MU just got their second quality victory of the season!  And did it with ease.

Badgerhater920

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 05:43:17 PM »
did dwight actually make a few post moves today? He actually didn't look too bad on the offensive end, granted it was Presbyterian. Fulce's finish on the fast break was nice, but other than that he looked pretty timid out there which is understandable in his 2nd game of action. Otule looked like he had no clue on defense but his two finishes at the rim were solid. I'm guessing once he gets more comfortable out there, he'll start going up stronger and drawing fouls rather than getting blocked like he did a few times tonight.

Can you imagine if Lazar shot like this every game?
And how bout Mo's hustle play? That with Wes's almost court-length ally-oop layup to Dominic were the highlights of the game in my opinion.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »
The last few games our free throw percentage has been solid - and today, Burke, 4-4 from the line!!!  Oh yeah!

Let's keep it up. . .

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 06:50:43 PM »
ever since Chicos convinced Buzz that Indiana and Kansas shoot them our % has gone up.  Buzz will listen to Chicos because chicos knows everyone. 

Fulce also had one really really athletic rebound that I have not seen from an Mu player over 6'6" in along time.  Where he reached back at mid leap out of his area and just went and grabbed it. made me say "WOW"

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 06:56:46 PM »
Buzz will listen to Chicos because chicos knows everyone. 

Now that is funny...... ;D

Was at the game today - for the most part, nice effort all around.  Looking forward to Nova and seeing how we can match up.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 07:28:04 PM »
Fulce looked like Butler did in his first few games. I thought Jimmy played well today and it was good to see him take some jumpers. He looked far more comfortable out there.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 11:20:33 PM »
Fulce also had one really really athletic rebound that I have not seen from an Mu player over 6'6" in along time.  Where he reached back at mid leap out of his area and just went and grabbed it. made me say "WOW"

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw it.  Immediately I said "wow, how'd he get that?"

Fulce needs some time to acclimate to the college game, but could provide much needed minutes in the future.

Pardner

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 11:47:33 PM »
Fulce's block was studly.  You can tell he is going to be very active and a tough match-up once he figures out where to go in the offense.  DJ was directing him in the flow all day.  Having Otule creates spacing for our shooters.  It is great to have that post presence...even though he may foul out in 8 minutes in the BE. 

Burke has hit 7 FT's in a row...DJ is a head case on FT's.  Jerel was MIA in the first half with 0 points, 2 fouls and 2 TO's.  He really needs to slow down and play within the O.  Other teams have figured out he is looking to shoot first and are playing him that way.  Head up and pass.  I don't know what energy drink Mo was drinking but he was all over.  Zar's shot % has improved recently.  Great to see.  Wes to the FT line as usual.  Best bench game...especially with Jimmy taking a jumper for two. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 11:51:07 PM by Pardner »

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 05:45:43 AM »
Granted,
It was Presbyterian but I liked O'Tule's contributions.  Even though he was lost (Like some have indicated) on defense at times he fought for position and looked to score on the offensive end.  While his offensive skill-set doesn't equal Hakeem's it at least requires more attention when we get the ball down low to him, which frees up our shooters a bit more.  During the Tennessee game, Dwight's guy would basically leave him to go double Jerel, now you have to at least acknowledge the post.  I also think Chris might be motivating dwight and pat.  I never saw Dwight so aggressive on the offensive end like he was on Sunday.  Maybe he doesn't want to be out-shined by the freshman?  Again, it's Presbyterian, but any little bit helps and I think O'Tule and Fulce will help us.