[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Time Warner Sports Channel  (Read 3898 times)

reinko

• All American
Time Warner Sports Channel
« on: December 25, 2008, 08:37:48 AM »
Is this channel available only with Time Warner Cable?

Or is it picked up by AT&T, Dish, or Direct TV?

Thanks!  Happy holidays everyone.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: Time Warner Sports Channel
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 09:43:43 AM »
Ummm...yes, it is only on TWC.

Hense the name Time Warner Cable Sports Channel.  :P

Merry Christmas.
But I like to throw handfuls...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 10:10:52 AM »
Har Har Har Chili :)

Just wasn't sure if it was picked as a "local" channel in any of their packages.

Happy X-Mas

MARQKC

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 11:20:30 PM »
Every Big East men's basketball game is on TV this season:

http://www.bigeast.org/SportSelect.dbml?&&DB_OEM_ID=19400&KEY=&SPID=11228&SPSID=92547&TV=YES

Cable systems like Time Warner Sports Channel in Milwaukee, or Metro Sports where I live (Kansas City), can choose to pick up games, presumably for a fee. Sometimes, they'll pick games up on a delayed basis. I've found MU on Metro Sports (which is owned by Time Warner Cable here in KC) while channel surfing.

If you're lucky, you'll find a tavern that will buy the rights to to the signal at game time.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 02:54:11 PM »
Ummm...yes, it is only on TWC.

Hense the name Time Warner Cable Sports Channel.  :P

Merry Christmas.

I get all of the Comcast Sport Channels on DirecTv.  Do not get Time Warner though.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 02:11:12 PM »
I get all of the Comcast Sport Channels on DirecTv.  Do not get Time Warner though.

Correct....Time Warner is doing this to try and keep customers on TWC.  TWC in Milwaukee has had trouble losing a ton of customers to satellite and UVerse the last few years so this is one way they can try to hang on to folks.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 03:11:02 PM »
Correct....Time Warner is doing this to try and keep customers on TWC.  TWC in Milwaukee has had trouble losing a ton of customers to satellite and UVerse the last few years so this is one way they can try to hang on to folks.

That's interesting .. I've heard from new UVerse customers that they've had nothing but trouble  .. and over the past 3 months, TWC has added like 20+ new HD channels.  Had they not, I would have been checking out other options.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 11:38:27 AM »
That's interesting .. I've heard from new UVerse customers that they've had nothing but trouble  .. and over the past 3 months, TWC has added like 20+ new HD channels.  Had they not, I would have been checking out other options.

Uverse is definitely not as good as FIOS, but still pretty good.  TWC has done better of late, having a net loss of basic customers but net gain in digital customers.  They took some big losses over the last few years as did other cable companies.  One way to stem that tide is to cut deals with local sports teams (like Cox did with the San Diego Padres) to keep customers on their platform.

They're in a major battle with MTV networks right now as well and could lose a boatload of channels (19 of them) at 12:01 am tonight.  Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, etc, etc  Could be 19 channels going dark tonight across all Time Warner systems.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:43:17 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 12:15:54 PM »
Uverse is definitely not as good as FIOS, but still pretty good.  TWC has done better of late, having a net loss of basic customers but net gain in digital customers.  They took some big losses over the last few years as did other cable companies.  One way to stem that tide is to cut deals with local sports teams (like Cox did with the San Diego Padres) to keep customers on their platform.

They're in a major battle with MTV networks right now as well and could lose a boatload of channels (19 of them) at 12:01 am tonight.  Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, etc, etc  Could be 19 channels going dark tonight across all Time Warner systems.

Just like they kept Packer games from subscribers in Green Bay by not being able to negotiate a deal, Crime Warner will now force half the decent channels off the air.  If they want sympathy, try giving service instead of putting out press releases blaming the other side.  I suspect they will be rising on the worse customer service lists where they aren't already at the top.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 01:19:26 PM »
Yeah, Viacom took out a full page ad in the MJS today "Why is Dora crying?"

I say, stick it to 'em, Time Warner.  Don't bend to Viacom's blackmail.  My kid will be unhappy that Noggin is off the air, but he will live.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 01:49:26 PM »
Yeah, Viacom took out a full page ad in the MJS today "Why is Dora crying?"

I say, stick it to 'em, Time Warner.  Don't bend to Viacom's blackmail.  My kid will be unhappy that Noggin is off the air, but he will live.

I hope they stick it to them as well, just like they did the Big Ten Network....it means more and more customers for us.  They vastly blew it on the Big Ten Network and it was golden for us.   ;)