collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Anyone else have a snow day?  (Read 3644 times)

reinko

• All American
Anyone else have a snow day?
« on: December 19, 2008, 11:20:46 AM »
Checking in from Boston, we are expecting about a foot this afternoon.  I am off to the pub for some PBR's!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Anyone else have a snow day?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 11:27:34 AM »
Not here in the front range :(  At least the ski resorts got some last night, but some of them don't even have all their terrain open yet (due to lack of snow). 

JSwarriors08

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 11:37:32 AM »
Marquette is shut down for the day... Except for my department within IT.  We're the only ones open, gotta love it.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 11:43:33 AM »
It was 65 when I left the house this morning.  So, no risk of a snow day in Middle Tennessee.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 11:44:01 AM »
schools in RI are closed, I am at my snow post.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 11:46:54 AM »
From the e-mail:

Marquette University is closed today, Friday, Dec. 19, due to the severe weather conditions in the greater Milwaukee area. No classes are in session.

Limited campus services, including Public Safety, Facility Services, IT Services, the Alumni Memorial Union and the Spirit Shop, will remain open. The Marquette men’s basketball game against Western Carolina will tip off as scheduled at 7:30 p.m. Friday evening at the Bradley Center. The Annex will open at 5:30 p.m. with shuttle buses to the Bradley Center beginning at 6 p.m.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 11:49:59 AM »
My office was closed

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 12:25:36 PM »
No snow here in DC.  Just foggy, rainy and 42 degrees.

Hopefully that snow's gone when I try to fly back to the midwest on Tuesday.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 12:37:35 PM »
My office in Shorewood was technically open, but most didn't make it in, myself included. My parking lot was impassable this morning, and though it's been shoveled, my streets are still a mess, so I don't anticipate making it in this afternoon, either. Hopefully, the roads will be OK by gametime!

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 01:09:09 PM »
In Milwaukee...Somehow still made it to work. An hour and a half late, but I made it!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 01:24:37 PM »
Waited out the morning commute and headed to work around 10. One of 5 people in the office, with not a lot to do.

Now I just have to figure out where I can park on the street with this snow emergency...

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 01:29:06 PM »
Waited out the morning commute and headed to work around 10. One of 5 people in the office, with not a lot to do.

Now I just have to figure out where I can park on the street with this snow emergency...

I used to constantly park my car in front of my building on Wells when I was in school (graduated in May).  In snow emergencies, I'd always go to the parking structure on 16th and talk to DPS.  They'd usually let me keep it there for a day or two until the emergency was over.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 03:05:09 PM »
Kid had a snow day.   I just shoveled out 10 inches of snow.  I am so freaking stiff and sore.  My snowblower decided to not start today.   Perfect.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 03:23:45 PM »
Sorry, no snow in Jupiter, Florida today.  Only thing blowing was sand in the bunkers. 

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 06:37:18 PM »
8-10" (that's what she said?) in Madison overnight. Made it to my interview in the nick of time this morning. Looks like Chicago didn't get quite as much.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 11:48:56 PM »
If you want to see where to park there is a car in the middle of the street on 11th between Kilbourn and Wells.  It looks like it just got stuck in the middle of the street and the plows decided to go around it and block it in.

feedback