'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 12:57:51 PM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[Today at 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Unbelievable  (Read 6442 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Unbelievable
« on: January 09, 2007, 06:21:39 AM »
Since thel loss to Syracuse, I've not posted. Have read almost all. Interesting to see how many are now stating the obvious that I've noted all along. Put one hand on your keyboard and one hand on your monitor and say "amen."

Even Chicos says the team is awful. But, you cannot separate the coach from the team. They are one and the same. BTW, the one vote for MU in the coach's poll is from the expert Chicos believes when he says BB is a guard's game.

Problem here is TC is now peeing with the big boys, but the wind is gusting in his face. As a coach, he'd make a great car salesman.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Re: Unbelievable
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 07:17:45 AM »
Amen.
Ludum habemus.

ToddPacker

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 07:52:02 AM »
I feel bad for you.  Since you "bleed blue and gold" it must be hard for you to deal with your hatred for Crean.  It's sad to see someone so pleased with another's failure, especially when you purport to support MU.  What a fraud. 

Am I happy with the team's performance this year? Of course not.  All I know is that a lot of other coaches would have jumped ship after the FF in 2003 and TC decided to stay here and try and build something special at MU.  Whether he's the right guy for the job or not, I believe is still something that is being worked out.  Guys like Wade, Diener, and Novak believe in him.  His former players show up at the BC for games all of the time, so they must believe in him.  Who cares how much money he's pai?  Unless you're one of the boosters footing the bill, it does not matter one bit.  There's still 14 games left in the conference season--plenty of time to right the ship.  I, for one, will be cheering for MU to succeed.  We all know what you will be doing 4ever.

And a question for you 4ever, since you seem to think that you're very wise, who would you hire as Crean's replacement if you had the chance?  It has to be someone that would realistically come here.  How much would you pay them?  What would your expectations be?

4everwarriors

• All American
Thanks For Axing
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 07:05:29 PM »
I don't care what the coach is paid as long as he produces. Hell, pay him twice what Crean is getting. Expectations would rise accordingly. I've said before that I , as all Warrior fans should, expect to dance in March. Anything less is a failure.

Tennessee, DePaul, UCLA, and Wisconsin, just to name a few seem to have done just fine with their hires.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 07:16:22 PM »
I still don't see how this is all Creans fault...which is what you make it out to be. If I'm wrong about assuming that say so, and point out how. Really it comes down to execution and consistency and the players haven't been able to do either. Unless Crean is shooting the ball or standing around dribbling the ball for 15 seconds against a zone, I don't see how its all his fault. And obviously they knew how to beat the zone earlier in the game against Syracuse, we were up at half.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 08:21:02 PM »
4Ever...I said this team is awful right now.  That doesn't mean they can't turn it around.

And I'm sorry, if you are saying you cannot separate the coach from the team then it is equally true that you cannot separate the PLAYERS performance from the team either.  They are not playing well right now.

If later in the season they are, then I'm sure you will chalk that up to coaching...right?  :o

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Thanks For Axing
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 08:38:28 PM »
I don't care what the coach is paid as long as he produces. Hell, pay him twice what Crean is getting. Expectations would rise accordingly. I've said before that I , as all Warrior fans should, expect to dance in March. Anything less is a failure.

Tennessee, DePaul, UCLA, and Wisconsin, just to name a few seem to have done just fine with their hires.

Yes and meanwhile Michigan State is 0-2 in conference.  Illinois is 0-2 and they played for the national title 2 years ago.

Things change 4ever.  Even Duke isn't Duke this year.  There are very few teams that year in and year out do the same things in terms of performance.

Personally, I'd take Crean over DePaul's coach every day.  Tennessee...well let's see how long before the necklace is put on probation.  UCLA...no argument there, Howland is one of the best and coaching at the greatest basketball school in history.  A match made in heaven.  (Side note, Crean is 1-0 against Howland).  Wisconsin...Ryan is a master and a great coach.  Judging by his horrid hairline, he's out in about 5 or 6 years.  I would expect that Crean with an additional 16 years of experience would be better than he is now as well.  I certainly know Crean did something at the age of 36 that Ryan didn't...go do a DI Final Four....in fact even now at Ryan's ripe old age he still hasn't gone.  With his top 3 team this year, this maybe an opportunity that he must do it this year or perhaps never.  Who knows.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 08:47:53 PM »
Wainwright is a better coach than Crean and has done nothing but destroy Crean in the area of recruiting since taking the job.  As his recruit come thru he will destroy MU if Crean continues to sign one good class ever 4 years.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 08:52:36 PM »
has done nothing but destroy Crean in the area of recruiting since taking the job.  As his recruit come thru he will destroy MU if Crean continues to sign one good class ever 4 years.

But I like to throw handfuls...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 11:23:03 PM »
Wainwright is a better coach than Crean and has done nothing but destroy Crean in the area of recruiting since taking the job.  As his recruit come thru he will destroy MU if Crean continues to sign one good class ever 4 years.

You may be right but before we use terms like "destroy" shouldn't Wainwright at least beat Crean once.  Wainright didn't inherit chopped liver like Crean did.  Last time I checked, Wainwright got the gig because his predecessor was good enough to take an ACC job and left some gifts like Meijia and others in the stable for good old Jerry.

You, too, must have been a very frustrated fan from 1995 until 2001 when recruiting wasn't exactly par excellance.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 12:17:14 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 01:15:47 AM »
I think chili's post says it all

ToddPacker

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 10:38:03 AM »

Of the four you mentioned, 2 of them are shady as hell or have shady contacts (Depaul and UT).  UCLA is UCLA and you would have to be Steve Lavin to not be able to recruit and succeed there with the history, location, etc.  Ryan has been coaching forever.  He's certainly a better coach than Crean right now.  How often does a team luck into a situation like UW has with Ryan though?  He seems fine being severely underpaid for his work and seems to have no desire to go elsewhere as he is at his dream job.  There are very few programs that have a guy like that so it's not fair to expect MU to find a guy like that. 

Based on your past posting history, I guess I'll take your response to mean that you want anyone but Crean.  Whatever Crean did to piss you off must have been significant, at least in your eyes because I have seen nothing to indicate that you would be happy with him even if MU was wildly successful - you would just cease to post like you did while MU was beating Duke and TT.

4everwarriors

• All American
BTW, I Almost Forgot...
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 05:39:04 PM »
add Tony Bennett to the list also. Fine young coach at Washington State.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback