collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North  (Read 32177 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFC North
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2008, 05:20:45 PM »
By the way, I could be wrong, but I don't recall Jay bee talking on this thread until the Vikings went up 2 games on the Packers and 1 game on the Bears in the division.  Where were you when the Packers beat the Bears and the Vikings lost to the Bucs to bring the division to a 3 way tie?  Or when the Packers were 2-0 and looked like the best team in the NFC while the Vikings looked like a joke (which they are...just the best joke in the NFC North)?  Tough to talk after everything is pretty much played out, hey?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2008, 12:06:21 AM »
I will eat my shoe if the Vikes go 3-1 against:

Detroit (W)
Arizona (L)
Atlanta (L)
NY Giants (L, though they may be resting everyone at this point)

Green Bay on the other hand has to play

Houston (5-7)
Jacksonville, the disappointment of the year at (4-8)
Chicago (6-6)
Detroit (0-12)

I'd say the smart money is on Green Bay.
so...minnesota, playoffs, anyone?

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2008, 01:51:50 AM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2008, 07:35:58 AM »
By the way, I could be wrong, but I don't recall Jay bee talking on this thread until the Vikings went up 2 games on the Packers and 1 game on the Bears in the division.  Where were you when the Packers beat the Bears and the Vikings lost to the Bucs to bring the division to a 3 way tie?  Tough to talk after everything is pretty much played out, hey?

The worst part about going to Marquette was definitely all the Packars fans.  Wadesworld, indeed you are wrong.  No need to recall with that little mind of yours, simply go to the first page of this post.  The post was started on December 3.  I first posted on December 3.  You'll see exactly where I was.  You are flat out wrong.

My initial post discussed the Bears and Packers sucking, blowing, etc.  This was in response to the topic starter who used the same type of descriptions, but with a 'Green Bay rocks' twist.  This post was followed by others such as, "MN can't win, the Williams boys are banned", "Green Bay should go 4-0", etc.  The only thing different about my posting in this topic from most others is that my team is the one who has won games, you pathetic crybabies.

To be clear, I do believe (in my case, 'believe' is generally synonymous with 'know'):
+ the Packars absolutely blow
+ the NFC North is terrible this year
+ a lot of Packars fans believe too much in Erin Rogars
+ for having the best QB is the division, a running back who looked to be very good last year, and other factors, this season has been a disappointing failure and almost shameful in some respects for Green Bay
+ Rodgers is light years better than T-Jack or Gus
+ we, the Minnesota Vikings, have won four games more than the Packurs and, more likely than not, will reach the postseason for the first time in several seasons and anything can happen in the playoffs,... so Packer Backers, remember that WE WIN, YOU LOSE.  Don't worry, there will be plenty of television coverage on your Packers throughout the year.... down to the ridiculous degree of the lead story of the 6 o'clock news showing some o-lineman mowing his lawn in the spring time and discussing what he's up to during the offseason.

I'm curious where some of you freaks think you'd be with Fav-ray as your QB... I know that although you didn't want him, you were terrified of him in purple.  But, in the end, it didn't matter, did it?

Green Bay's season has been a pathetic display.  Minnesota has come out a winner. 

Is the Pat Williams injury karma?  No, it's a football injury.  They happen.  Injuries are not strangers to many football teams - certainly not the Vikings this  season.  When adversity strikes, the Vikings have kept on rolling.  When adversity came to the Packers, they folded and underperformed.  Disgraceful!

SK0L VIKINGS!!!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 07:38:03 AM by Jay Bee »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2008, 07:57:05 AM »

My initial post discussed the Bears and Packers sucking, blowing, etc.  This was in response to the topic starter who used the same type of descriptions, but with a 'Green Bay rocks' twist. 

I have done many things in my life, but starting a thread with a "green bay rocks" twist is not one of them. Nor will it ever happen, as I to endured life @ Marquette as a Bears fan/Packer hater.  During a time when the Bears were not good.

If anything the post had a Tampa Bay twist.  ;)

I must tip my hat to the Vikings they are playing well at the right time. Childress needs to remember that AP is his best player, and needs the ball as much as possible.  With the exception of meaningless punt/kick returns.

(As much as I am hoping for a miracle from the Bears, they lost 3 games early in the season that they should not have, and now it is going to bite them in the ass.) 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2008, 08:09:58 AM »
  The worst part about going to Marquette was definitely all the Packars fans.  ... you pathetic crybabies.

To be clear, I do believe (in my case, 'believe' is generally synonymous with 'know'):
+ for having the best QB is the division, a running back who looked to be very good last year, and other factors, this season has been a disappointing failure and almost shameful in some respects for Green Bay
+ we, the Minnesota Vikings, have won four games more than the Packurs and, more likely than not, will reach the postseason for the first time in several seasons and anything can happen in the playoffs,... so Packer Backers, remember that WE WIN, YOU LOSE.  Don't worry, there will be plenty of television coverage on your Packers throughout the year.... down to the ridiculous degree of the lead story of the 6 o'clock news showing some o-lineman mowing his lawn in the spring time and discussing what he's up to during the offseason.
... When adversity came to the Packers, they folded and underperformed.  Disgraceful!

SK0L VIKINGS!!!!

Best.  Post.  Ever.  This Week.

SK0L, Vikes!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:36:11 AM by mu_hilltopper »

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2008, 09:08:27 AM »
Is the Pat Williams injury karma?  No, it's a football injury.  They happen.  Injuries are not strangers to many football teams - certainly not the Vikings this  season.  When adversity strikes, the Vikings have kept on rolling.  When adversity came to the Packers, they folded and underperformed.  Disgraceful!

While I won't argue the fact that the Packers do, in fact, suck, Pat Williams' injury was definitely karma.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »
My apologies Jay bee, you are correct, you posted the first day this thread started.  I was thinking of a different thread that was started at the beginning of the year about the NFC North.  Didn't see you in that one.  Congratulations, you'll go to the playoffs for the first time in many years.  The Packers are not going to the playoffs, which is a rare ocurance.  You'll bow out in the first round.  No doubt.  It's unfortunate somebody from the NFC North has to go, keeping the Cowboys/Eagles/Redskins out of the playoffs.

By the way, do minds have sizes?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2008, 04:16:34 PM »
My apologies Jay bee, you are correct, you posted the first day this thread started.  I was thinking of a different thread that was started at the beginning of the year about the NFC North.  Didn't see you in that one.  Congratulations, you'll go to the playoffs for the first time in many years.  The Packers are not going to the playoffs, which is a rare ocurance.  You'll bow out in the first round.  No doubt.  It's unfortunate somebody from the NFC North has to go, keeping the Cowboys/Eagles/Redskins out of the playoffs.

By the way, do minds have sizes?

Not sure which post you're referring to, but indeed if it was a post that was started at the beginning of the NFL season, I undoubtedly would not have been chiming in early on - I didn't register on this site until approximately 4 weeks ago.  We haven't been in the playoffs for 3 years - if that is "many years", then so be it.  I'm not sure what an "ocurance" is, but if you meant the Packers not going to the playoffs is a rare ocCurREnce, that would certainly be debatable (especially if we look to 1968-1991 when they a-Packurz made the playoffs, what, 2 times in 24 years?!?!? - but, I would expect such ignorance from you as it's obvious you're a youngster).  Get a clue.
  It's great someone from the NFC North "has to go".  The fact of the matter is Minnesota still could wind up being the #2 seed.  But of course, you have us pegged to be one and done - and why not?!  You Packur-luvers have been so good with your earlier predictions.  If you had a spine, you'd tell me that the Vikings may not make the playoffs at all this year, which is absolutely possible. 
  Do minds have sizes?  I'm thinking you did not attend Marquette... at a minimum, definitely a liberal arts major.  When your mom says, "that Jay Bee is a mental giant!", do you get p1ssed off because you're unable to understand what it means?!  "Uhh, mommy... can a mental be a size?"
  You guys had a QB that, while spelling his name in a ferociously geigh way (as does FER-rotte), was a competitor and a winner.  You don't have that any longer.  You dreamed up that you had the second coming early on this season, complete with a lucrative but unwarranted contract extension.  But you did not.  You turned your back on a legend, and for that you may very well be cursed. 
  The reality is, however, that whether the Packers win or lose football games, they still bl0w big ones.  And they LOVE it.

SK0L VIKINGS!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2008, 05:29:09 PM »
  The worst part about going to Marquette was definitely all the Packars fans.  Wadesworld, indeed you are wrong.  No need to recall with that little mind of yours, simply go to the first page of this post.  The post was started on December 3.  I first posted on December 3.  You'll see exactly where I was.  You are flat out wrong.

My initial post discussed the Bears and Packers sucking, blowing, etc.  This was in response to the topic starter who used the same type of descriptions, but with a 'Green Bay rocks' twist.  This post was followed by others such as, "MN can't win, the Williams boys are banned", "Green Bay should go 4-0", etc.  The only thing different about my posting in this topic from most others is that my team is the one who has won games, you pathetic crybabies.

I'm curious where some of you freaks think you'd be with Fav-ray as your QB... I know that although you didn't want him, you were terrified of him in purple.  But, in the end, it didn't matter, did it?

Green Bay's season has been a pathetic display.  Minnesota has come out a winner. 

SK0L VIKINGS!!!!

Seems to me that last year was the aberration, not this year.  The Packers were pretty bad the last few years until last year.  Now this year they are back to being pretty bad.  The anomoly of the last 4 years was 13-3 of 2008, the only year with a winning record.  Otherwise they have 4 wins, 8 wins and right now 5 wins.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2008, 08:51:15 PM »

Seems to me that last year was the aberration, not this year.  The Packers were pretty bad the last few years until last year.  Now this year they are back to being pretty bad.  The anomoly of the last 4 years was 13-3 of 2008, the only year with a winning record.  Otherwise they have 4 wins, 8 wins and right now 5 wins.

The Packers still have a lot of good, young talent but TT just needs to do a better job of complimenting that talent not only through the draft but also free agency as well, something he hasn't done much of (other than Woodson and Pickett).  Although, Rodgers hasn't been able to come through in the clutch this year, he should still be a very good QB for the Pack for quite some time.

P.S. - Chicos, at least the Pack have won a playoff game in the last 12 years :)

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2008, 11:22:43 PM »
The Packers still have a lot of good, young talent but TT just needs to do a better job of complimenting that talent not only through the draft but also free agency as well, something he hasn't done much of (other than Woodson and Pickett).  Although, Rodgers hasn't been able to come through in the clutch this year, he should still be a very good QB for the Pack for quite some time.

You need to do a better job of understanding basic grammar.  I think you are looking for "complementing" not "complimenting" in the above.  I expect these types of errors from fans of 'The Pack', so no big deal, big guy.
  You are right about one of your Erin comments, however... he hasn't been able to come through in the clutch this year... which also means that he hasn't ever come through in the clutch, since he hasn't played before this year. 
  The Journal Sentinal, a publication who would gladly take a facial from any gentlemen on the Pakurs practice squad, had a cute article recently.  The title was something close to, "Erin sucks when it matters".  The beginning of the article, for your enjoyment:
"The longer the streak goes, the harder it gets for Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The Packers' 20-16 loss to the Jaguars marked the seventh time this season that Rodgers had the ball in his hands late in the fourth quarter with a chance to beat a team and wasn't able to do it."

Is this accurate, my green and golden showered friends?  Seventh time he's failed in the fourth quarter?  Oh well.. at least she had over 100 more passing yards than Tarvaris last week, right?!?!  I think I recall some tot describing the Jags as the biggest disappointment of the league recently... what does this make the Pickers?  David G. craps his pants uncontrollably and still beats you.  WTF.  You guys really bl0w.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2008, 11:25:55 PM »
  You need to do a better job of understanding basic grammar.  I think you are looking for "complementing" not "complimenting" in the above.  I expect these types of errors from fans of 'The Pack', so no big deal, big guy.
  You are right about one of your Erin comments, however... he hasn't been able to come through in the clutch this year... which also means that he hasn't ever come through in the clutch, since he hasn't played before this year. 
  The Journal Sentinal, a publication who would gladly take a facial from any gentlemen on the Pakurs practice squad, had a cute article recently.  The title was something close to, "Erin sucks when it matters".  The beginning of the article, for your enjoyment:
"The longer the streak goes, the harder it gets for Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The Packers' 20-16 loss to the Jaguars marked the seventh time this season that Rodgers had the ball in his hands late in the fourth quarter with a chance to beat a team and wasn't able to do it."

Is this accurate, my green and golden showered friends?  Seventh time he's failed in the fourth quarter?  Oh well.. at least she had over 100 more passing yards than Tarvaris last week, right?!?!  I think I recall some tot describing the Jags as the biggest disappointment of the league recently... what does this make the Pickers?  David G. craps his pants uncontrollably and still beats you.  WTF.  You guys really bl0w.

There's a nice (and smart) way of saying that.  :-\

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2008, 12:14:28 AM »
There's a nice (and smart) way of saying that.  :-\

Pretty clear that he doesn't know nice or smart.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2008, 02:48:39 PM »
Pehaps not but he knows Hilarius.  You tell them Jay Bee!

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »

Yeah, I messed up the different versions of the word, my mistake.

Of course, I'm not sure I would call this good grammar either: "I think I recall some tot describing the Jags as the biggest disappointment of the league recently."

Either you a) were going to use the verb tout or b) you heard a small child opine that Jasksonville has been disappointing.  Hmmm, I'd be careful throwing that rock in your glass house.

As for the rest of your post, yes ARod has not been able to master the 4th quarter clutch win as of yet.  Of course, he'll get plenty of chances in the future because, unlike any QB on the Viqueens roster, he is actually a good quarterback.  The Pack has obviously been very disappointing this year, nobody is denying that; but I would say the future looks for good for GB.

Also, if you hold on for the North this year, congrats on breaking out of your tie with the Lions for number of NFC North division titles.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2008, 04:42:15 PM »
>Yeah, I messed up the different versions of the word, my mistake.

Sorry pal, but "compliment" and "complement" are not different versions of the same word.  They are homonyms. (deleted) so maybe this little lesson will be enough to help you with the last few letters of the word for next time you try to speak with the big boys.

> Of course, I'm not sure I would call this good grammar either: "I think I recall some tot describing the Jags as the biggest disappointment of the league recently."
Either you a) were going to use the verb tout or b) you heard a small child opine that Jasksonville has been disappointing. 

Or c) your lack of wit continues to get the best of you.  I meant tot, as in a child.  Which is exactly what I typed. 

>As for the rest of your post, yes ARod has not been able to master the 4th quarter clutch win as of yet.  Of course, he'll get plenty of chances in the future because, unlike any QB on the Viqueens roster, he is actually a good quarterback.  The Pack has obviously been very disappointing this year, nobody is denying that; but I would say the future looks for good for GB.

See, my problem is that they have been denying it.  Just two weeks ago, people in this post had the Pakurs pegged for the division championship.  Now that its academic, most aren't denying it outloud, they have just become suddenly very quiet.

>Also, if you hold on for the North this year, congrats on breaking out of your tie with the Lions for number of NFC North division titles.

Good one, little guy.  The reality is the NFC North has the same lineup as the NFC Central did until 1977.  Tampa was around from then to 2002, when the NFC "North" was "created" (renamed)... In professional football, when the division has been Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago and Green Bay, Minnesota has won the most division championships of any of the teams.  So don't shed too many tears over 2008.  Green Bay is often a disappointment.  Get used to it, if you're not already, tot. 

And if you disagree with me, then you sir, are worse than Bruce Pearl.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 06:17:24 PM by mu_hilltopper »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2008, 04:47:08 PM »
This thread isn't even a fun pissing match. Jay Bee, relax, it's just a sport.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »
This thread isn't even a fun pissing match. Jay Bee, relax, it's just a sport.
Haha true words.  The dude's a fool.  I look forward to seeing his 3 paragraph response to my post, breaking down every sentence I wrote in this post.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2008, 06:06:09 PM »
Hmmm....different versions (as of the same sounding word, maybe I should have been a little more specific.

Maybe I just should have wrote "Tampa was around from then to 2002."  Is that proper english?

Did you read what I wrote?  Your option C was the same as my option B.  Its good to see you are referencing a young child's opinion when discussing facts about pro football.

But enough grammar police.  The Vikings had a good year and they have the best player in football.  I'm man enough to admit that.  But I also know they have a horrible coach who doesn't give him the ball enough and don't have a starting qb on the roster.  Congrats to the Queens but as a Packers fan I think our team has a pretty bright future.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2008, 11:09:06 PM »
Just to be clear,

While Jay Bee's writing style may not be exactly clear or concise, he's pretty much right. Try not to be so smug, Packer fans.

The Pack's defense has underperformed (that's putting it nicely), Rodgers looks good for the most part, but I wouldn't bet the farm that he's a franchise QB, and Ryan Grant doesn't look like he's the long term solution.

The Bears are missing some receivers (a even "a" receiver), Orton looked good early, but looks average since the injury and the defense looks like it might be getting old in a hurry.

The Vikings still have issues at QB, early in the year, the special teams were horrendous, and while the defense has been very good, they could get old in a hurry (a lot of veterans on that side of the ball).

All I'm saying is that every team has their warts, so I wouldn't sound so smug and say things like "enjoy winning the division" or crap like that.

The Vikes are a pretty decent team this year, while the Pack and Bears fell short (although the Bears still might make it). In the modern NFL, it could all be different next year.

Trash talk is fine, but let's be honest; without Farve, the Packer organization is in uncharted territory. Daunte Culpepper (love him or hate him) had a few HUGE years with the Vikes, and then BAM, he gets hurt and is never the same (similar story with McMahon back in the 80's)

Farve (love him or hate him), gave the Packers and unbelievable amount of stability at a position that most teams struggle to fill.

Be careful what you wish for, Pack fans... your fortunes and futures could continue to be bleak (like this season) or get worse.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 11:21:14 PM by 2002mualum »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2008, 07:49:51 PM »
I never in my life thought I would say this, but I hope the Bears beat the Packers tomorrow night, just to keep Jay bee quiet.  He's awfully quiet right now.  He better hope that those Giants come back and win this game against the Panthers so they have nothing to play for next week, otherwise they're in some real trouble with the Giants then having something to play for in the last week of the season.  Reminds me a little of the 2003 season.  Arizona was AWFUL that year too!

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2008, 08:18:45 PM »
I never in my life thought I would say this, but I hope the Bears beat the Packers tomorrow night, just to keep Jay bee quiet.  He's awfully quiet right now.  He better hope that those Giants come back and win this game against the Panthers so they have nothing to play for next week, otherwise they're in some real trouble with the Giants then having something to play for in the last week of the season.  Reminds me a little of the 2003 season.  Arizona was AWFUL that year too!

I will never, ever, ever root for the Packers to lose.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2008, 10:20:40 PM »
I'm currently in the Caribbean (I know, poor me) and hadn't been on here in a while. Interesting, to say the least, to see how this thread unfolded. On a complete side note, I'm in San Juan right now after a cruise, and am staying at the same hotel as all 4 teams involved in the San Juan Shootout (South Florida, Wright St., Murray St., and Oral Roberts).

Having both worked for the Bears and being a season ticket holder for a while, I can say this as 100% fact...the Bears/Packers game are MUCH more civil than any Bears/Vikings game in any season. The number of arrests/fights/disputes for Bears/Vikings is by far the most of any opponent, every season.

The Packer fans I've sat around/met at Soldier Field are honestly great fans. They'll get into it with Bears fans, and vice versa, but it for the most part stays civil. I'd be interested to hear what Packer fans who go to Lambeau think of Viking/Bears fans.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2008, 11:19:30 PM »
The Packer fans I've sat around/met at Soldier Field are honestly great fans. They'll get into it with Bears fans, and vice versa, but it for the most part stays civil. I'd be interested to hear what Packer fans who go to Lambeau think of Viking/Bears fans.
I can't say about the Bears/Vikings fan since I've been to one game in the last 10 years, but I was at the Packers vs. Colts game this year and had very nice seats, and there were about 6 Colts fans sitting around where I was (3 sets of 2 of them), and in the front row there were 2 Packer fans giving the 2 Colts fans a hard time, especially about Peyton, so at the end of the game the 2 Packer fans bought those 2 a beer.  It was pretty hilarious.  The 2 right behind me got out of there pretty quickly after the game was out of hand.