[Today at 10:41:31 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 09:54:22 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Chicos appears! (was: Dwyane Wade DVD)  (Read 8064 times)

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
Chicos appears! (was: Dwyane Wade DVD)
« on: November 03, 2006, 08:29:25 PM »
Chicos in the house!!!   :o  This is a historical moment... the last time Chicos had only 1 post to his credit was when many of the current MU players were in diapers!   ;D  Seriously... welcome to the community Chicos!

BTW... what is that a picture of?
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 08:34:30 PM »
It's a picture of a cracked sidewalk with shoes filled with grass or something...it was quick....I will have to find another one that is a bit better.

I signed up for MUScoop a few days ago, I really like the message layouts.  Well done boys.

Looks really good. 

We definitely need to move you guys up on our blog in terms of positioning....we strongly believe in linking all MU communities together as much as possible.  Each has something to offer.

Now I have to run as another administrator from another MU board I believe is calling to wish me a Happy Weekend.   ;)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 08:37:48 PM »
MUScoop:  "Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free, your banned from Scout..." 

Welcome, Chicos.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 08:40:40 PM »
LOLOL

Classic

the transition is now complete

btw, MUScoop is now listed under our MU links section
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 08:44:14 PM by NYWarrior »

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 08:44:51 PM »
It should be very cool with some great MU mentions in it....definitely a benefit for recruiting.

Thank you for linking it to the blog....very courteous of you!!

;D

Good to see that you are not upset with the link.  There seems to be a huge hubbub over linking and what is proprietary information.   ::)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 08:50:47 PM »
Good to see that you are not upset with the link.  There seems to be a huge hubbub over linking and what is proprietary information.   ::)

WE ARE MARQUETTE.  EXTRA.

tweakers_suck

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 08:51:57 PM »
tap...tap...tap...is this thing on?

Hey, XXXXX.  Were you completely banned from a popular message board or were you just given a time-out?   ;D

This is the only time I have half as many posts as Chicos!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 08:56:35 PM »
It should be very cool with some great MU mentions in it....definitely a benefit for recruiting.

Thank you for linking it to the blog....very courteous of you!!

;D

Don't worry, that policy will change again for the 6th or 7th time this week...it's a work in progress you know.   ::)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 09:05:05 PM »

Hey, XXXXX.  Were you completely banned from a popular message board or were you just given a time-out?   ;D

I believe it's a time-out, but I do not know.  I was given other parenting suggestions in the email I was sent so we could have a parental theme going on here....strange, since he's not a parent but perhaps a really good uncle.  I believe Murff was given a time-out as well as Fran....or as one adminstrator called it (I'm paraphrasing) ... ' take-a-hint mind therapy ' 

I'm glad you saw the humor in the original thread Tweekers...that was the intent.  Follow the letter of the law to the hilt with no links...just as he requested.  He might be having a bad day. 

I have to run...there is a hug I'm supposed to give one of my kids per a request from Milwaukee...it will be probably the 6th or 7th given today but you can never give enough I say.  :-*

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 09:05:36 PM »
MUScoop:  "Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free, your banned from Scout..." 

Welcome, Chicos.

Hilltopper...that was bloody brilliant.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 09:08:53 PM »

Hey, XXXXX.  Were you completely banned from a popular message board or were you just given a time-out?   ;D

Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted - he's up to 3 5 already :P  I've been waiting for the big 1st post...welcome  8)

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 09:12:34 PM »
"You have nothing to fear... but fear itself"

I don't get it... I guess they view MUScoop as competition?  Isn't it just a separate community that we like better?  Do they think that more people will folk over here from their boards?  Are they concerned with the superior message board technology?  They always bitched about the "idiot" posters on Ahoya, so why do they care now that we're discussing their articles on MUScoop?  We did the same things on Ahoya and they never said anything once!  Anyway, I don't buy their argument... they're upset that we link and discuss to their free content but then they link off to espn.com, jsonline.com, nba.com, suntimes.com, etc, etc.  What's the difference???

I think they're still confused on the difference between blogs and message boards.  Just wait until Rocky unleashes the wikipedia!!  Who's gonna get blamed on that one!!   ;D :o ;D

"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 09:17:44 PM »
Very uncool for them to have handed Chicos' butt to him.  ???
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tweakers_suck

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 09:20:17 PM »

Hey, XXXXX.  Were you completely banned from a popular message board or were you just given a time-out?   ;D

Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted - he's up to 3 5 already :P  I've been waiting for the big 1st post...welcome  8)

Thank you for welcoming me.  I signed up several days ago and have been reading a bunch.  I've been too busy with work to post.  Don't worry, I'll be up to my 1 post per week rate soon enough :P

As I stated on Rivals, the MUScoop board is relavent.  I'll soon stop frequenting Rivals..not many posts these day.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 09:25:11 PM »
"I think they're still confused on the difference between blogs and message boards. Just wait until Rocky unleashes the wikipedia!!  Who's gonna get blamed on that one!!"

I cant wait for the Wiki function.....Sons of Sam Horn's wiki is OUTSTANDING......its better than the message board there in the off-season. U guys have a better product here, the technology is more powerful.  incredible potential, not predicated on content per se

when is the wiki coming?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:26:53 PM by NYWarrior »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 10:50:04 PM »
Actually, we should take it easy on Doddsie.  Great thanks are due, as had a quiet link been posted about the WEBSITE MUScoop, and/or a link to the Cracked Sidewalks blog, the traffic would have been minimal.  Once he turned it into a protectionist circus, we couldn't have bought better advertising.  Had he simply emailled Rocky and kept his complaints private instead of his public display ..  ::)

I still don't understand his most current post .. something about a "blog" post about Trend Blackledge, then asking people to comment on the "blog" instead.  No idea what he's talking about there, as there's no posts about Trend here .. sure, there's a blog post on CS pointing people to read the article on Scout, but that should be welcomed, as it would drive traffic to Scout.

In the end, it's just too bad.  We'll continue to post links to any site that covers Marquette, driving eyeballs to Scout, driving eyeballs to Cracked Sidewalks, driving eyeballs to GoMarquette, or the JS, Marquette Tribune, or hell, the UWM Post.  That's fine with us.  We are Marquette. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:56:46 PM by mu_hilltopper »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 11:28:58 PM »
I still don't understand his most current post .. something about a "blog" post about Trend Blackledge, then asking people to comment on the "blog" instead. 

Despite the blog/message board confusion, I'm afraid that's my fault.  Though I really don't see that it was terribly out of line.  Here's where I said it, and you can see the dozens of posts of intriguing dialog it started  :P

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=53.0

« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 12:23:54 AM by rocky_warrior »

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Chicos appears! (was: Dwyane Wade DVD)
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 12:19:45 AM »
Great to have you aboard Chicos.  Although I never doubted your arrival.  And I'm sure you'll give Rocky a run for his money when it comes to the number of posts.

Now, if we can just get Murf more involve it will truely feel like home.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 11:21:33 AM »
[
[/quote]

I believe it's a time-out, but I do not know. 
[/quote]

Chicos, which board were you give a "time-out" from and why? Just curious.

Glad to be on board.
We Are Marquette

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 11:25:07 AM »
I was placed on permanent "time out" for reasons that still perplex me.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 11:46:32 AM »
My heartfelt welcome to chicos and the rest if the gang!
I do hope you'll find our (not so) humble abode quite comfortable, exciting, new, and yet quite familiar!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 03:09:01 AM »
It's a picture of a cracked sidewalk with shoes filled with grass or something...it was quick....I will have to find another one that is a bit better.

I signed up for MUScoop a few days ago, I really like the message layouts.  Well done boys.

Looks really good. 

We definitely need to move you guys up on our blog in terms of positioning....we strongly believe in linking all MU communities together as much as possible.  Each has something to offer.

Now I have to run as another administrator from another MU board I believe is calling to wish me a Happy Weekend.   ;)

Caesar crosses the Rubicon...MacArthur returns...Chico arrives

Death on call

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 07:19:24 AM »
Caesar crosses the Rubicon...MacArthur returns...Chico arrives

And this was bumped...why?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 08:30:58 AM »

"Obsession is the single most wasteful human activity, because with an obsession you keep coming back and back and back to the same question and never get an answer."

Norman Mailer
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 08:57:54 AM »

Because the Dwayne Wade DVD's are now available on Blu-Ray.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback