[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Terrence Boyd  (Read 2834 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Terrence Boyd
« on: November 20, 2008, 01:44:35 PM »
Has anybody heard anything about him?  I was checking ESPN.com's top 2009 recruiting classes (they have us ranked at #11), and I checked out Marquette's recruiting page that they have and under the "Considering" tab he is listed.  Under his page he has us listed along with Kentucky, USC, Oklahoma, and Kansas State.  Since I haven't heard anything on here or anywhere else about him I'm guessing he's a long shot, but he's ranked the #9 shooting guard and #40 overall prospect in the class of 2009.  Anybody have any information?

Also, something interesting is that it seems as though they list the schools each player is interested in in order of their interest, top to bottom.  For Jamil Wilson they have Marquette listed first, followed by Oregon.  Not sure if that is right that this is how they list them, but if it is that is interesting.

Jamil is ranked #60, Junior #65, Jeronne #76, and E Williams #97.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:47:28 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

bma725

• All American
Re: Terrence Boyd
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 02:31:36 PM »
MU was one of several schools involved over the summer, but he never really considered us as an option.  In fact he seemed to eliminate us back in August.  ESPN is just really slow updating the list.

He was all set to go to Kentucky until last month, then he apparently read some comments by their fans on a message board that he didn't like and has now slowed down the recruiting process and maybe even eliminated UK.  Oklahoma and USC remain the leaders, and that's if he actually manages to qualify academically, which may not happen.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:36:51 PM by bma725 »

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 04:01:08 PM »
MU was one of several schools involved over the summer, but he never really considered us as an option.  In fact he seemed to eliminate us back in August.  ESPN is just really slow updating the list.

He was all set to go to Kentucky until last month, then he apparently read some comments by their fans on a message board that he didn't like and has now slowed down the recruiting process and maybe even eliminated UK.  Oklahoma and USC remain the leaders, and that's if he actually manages to qualify academically, which may not happen.

"Read some comments by their fans...that he didn't like and has now slowed down the recruiting process"???  You have got to be kidding me, the guys visits various campuses, meets with coaches, players, other students and then backs out because of what some clown says on a message board.  Sounds like a sally to me.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 04:24:05 PM »
Rethinking some of your previous posts esoteric?
 ;)

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 05:32:20 PM »
"Read some comments by their fans...that he didn't like and has now slowed down the recruiting process"???  You have got to be kidding me, the guys visits various campuses, meets with coaches, players, other students and then backs out because of what some clown says on a message board.  Sounds like a sally to me.

Terrence Boyd is the coolest cat around.  We can only hope and pray that he deems us worthy.  He would be an awesome addition to MU.

(Just in case he's reading...)
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 05:55:35 PM »
Terrence Boyd is the coolest cat around.  We can only hope and pray that he deems us worthy.  He would be an awesome addition to MU.

(Just in case he's reading...)

Hopefully he's color blind to everything but Teal.
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 07:23:22 PM »
Hopefully he's color blind to everything but Teal.

Hmmm, if that's the case, it's hard to imagine he'd be very successful playing basketball.  Maybe they'd create teal balls and hoops (and unis) so he could still play.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 10:27:43 PM »
Rethinking some of your previous posts esoteric?
 ;)

I guess I should, can't believe someone would put that much stock on message boards filled with rubes like myself.  Might need to start reassessing my take on Wes Mathews as well, he looks like he's ready to break out finally.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 11:01:43 PM »

Hey now,  my mother's name was Sally >:(

feedback