[Today at 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What the *&$% happened to the Bears yesterday??  (Read 6486 times)

only a warrior

• Team Captain
What the *&$% happened to the Bears yesterday??
« on: November 17, 2008, 01:42:06 PM »
As a Packer fan living in FIB-land I was glad to see a victory for the Green and Gold, however its never fun to watch a team self-destruct like that. 

Bears fans - what happened???  These games are always more fun when they are competitive.....

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: What the *&$% happened to the Bears yesterday??
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »
There is a simple explanation for what happened...
1. Bears couldn't tackle
2. Bears couldn't block
3. Bears couldn't get off a block
4. Bears couldn't run back kicks
5. Bears couldn't punt
6. Bears forgot how to run out the clock to end a half
7. Forte played well.
8. Bears couldn't sniff the back field.

As a Bears fan, the only more dissapointing performance against the Pack was the Halloween Monday night game from the 90's, I can't remeber the year.  They were dominated in every facet of the game, and next week they should make them play without names on the backs of their jerseys.  Defense needs to pull their heads out of their asses and stop thinking they can simply walk on to the field and shut teams down. It is sad that I am worried about Marc Bulger carving us up this week.

eh.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 03:03:28 PM by MU_B2002 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 02:47:35 PM »
1. Bears couldn't tackle
2. Bears couldn't block
5. Bears couldn't punt
7. Forte played well.

As a Bears fan, the only more dissapointing performance against the Pack was the Halloween Monday night game from the 90's, I can't remeber the year.  They were dominated in every facet of the game, and next week they should make them play without names on the backs of their jerseys.  Defense needs to pull their heads out of their asses and stop thinking they can simply walk on to the field and shut teams down. It is said that I am worried about Marc Bulger carving us up this week.

eh.

That Halloween game was the one where they wore the throwback uni's, right?

The one thing that the Bears really did well yesterday...is suck.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 02:48:46 PM »
As a Packer fan who was at the game it was pretty glorious.   "the bears still suck" chant was in full effect. 

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 02:50:35 PM »
1. Bears couldn't tackle
2. Bears couldn't block
5. Bears couldn't punt
7. Forte played well.

As a Bears fan, the only more dissapointing performance against the Pack was the Halloween Monday night game from the 90's, I can't remeber the year.  They were dominated in every facet of the game, and next week they should make them play without names on the backs of their jerseys.  Defense needs to pull their heads out of their asses and stop thinking they can simply walk on to the field and shut teams down. It is said that I am worried about Marc Bulger carving us up this week.

eh.

1A. Bear's couldn't cover anybody.  Their zone coverage reeks.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »
1A. Bear's couldn't cover anybody.  Their zone coverage reeks.

Sorry, I didn't include that because at this point I thought everybody already knew that.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 03:07:34 PM »
That Halloween game was the one where they wore the throwback uni's, right?

I disagree, as that would require more effort than they were willing to put forth.
They just went out there and played tag for 60 minutes.

And the Monday night game to which I was referring was in 1994, played in a downpour.  Packers 33 Bears 6.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 03:19:46 PM »

I agree, you have to actually try and care about the game to suck.  Maybe Lovie needed to slap around the defensive players at halftime just like this.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/210224/?tag=slap

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 03:23:34 PM »
My guy in their front office tells me things are about to get very ugly off the field for the Bears too. The team, specifically the defense, is about to implode.

-Most of the defense, especially the veteran guys, have little to no respect for Babich. You can probably figure out who if you listen to post game comments.

-Guys who got new paper in the last two offseasons aren't performing anywhere near their contracts. Briggs, Urlacher, and Harris (more on him in a second).

-Harris "may" (key word) contemplate retiring in the next two years. His passion is lacking both on and off the field. Football has never been his first love.

-Hester. It's both mental and physical. He is still physically not 100%. Bigger issue is he hasn't been comfortable with the special teams guys in front of him. He doesn't trust the lanes as much this season, and you can see him hesitate much more before committing to a lane this season.

-Politics. Not the US Presidential race, but a lot of guys believe many of Lovie's moves are motivated by his interests, and not the greater good of the team.

-Badness. Certain guys just can not play. Kevin Payne can not play safety. Nate Vasher (even without his injury) is close to being just "a guy".

Toughest part of being a Bears fan right now is that what you see out there right now is what you're going to get next year. Defensively these guys are going to be around for a few more years because of their contracts. Could be a long couple of seasons (pending what happens with the lockout).

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 03:27:57 PM »
They played like the Lions.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 03:32:35 PM »

-Harris "may" (key word) contemplate retiring in the next two years. His passion is lacking both on and off the field. Football has never been his first love.

What is?  Religion?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 08:58:30 PM »
With how streaky both of those teams are, it could be the exact oppositte result next month in Chi town and I wouldn't really be too surprised.

Yesterday was by far the best game the packers have played this year.  Their o-line did a complete 180 from last week against the queens.

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 09:48:02 PM »
Bears fans, what are your thoughts on Nick Roach? Better than Hillenmeyer, more of the same, or worse? Too early to tell?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »
I agree, you have to actually try and care about the game to suck.  Maybe Lovie needed to slap around the defensive players at halftime just like this.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/210224/?tag=slap

Awesome! that was probably the most entertaining episode this season.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 02:17:20 PM »
Bears fans, what are your thoughts on Nick Roach? Better than Hillenmeyer, more of the same, or worse? Too early to tell?

It is probably too early to tell.  Coaches seem to like him.  I have never been Hillenmeyers biggest fan, and he has been a ghost this year.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 01:49:26 AM »
It is probably too early to tell.  Coaches seem to like him.  I have never been Hillenmeyers biggest fan, and he has been a ghost this year.

I'm hoping he blows up for you guys. Went to high school with him, pretty huge deal for a h.s. that sucked at football and had only 700 kids. Great, humble guy.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 11:15:53 AM »
My guy in their front office tells me things are about to get very ugly off the field for the Bears too. The team, specifically the defense, is about to implode.

-Most of the defense, especially the veteran guys, have little to no respect for Babich. You can probably figure out who if you listen to post game comments.

getting rid of turner because he called too aggressive of a game was the worst personal decision the bears have made since... well it was bad.  Can you elaborate on who said what, i live out of state and had truncated coverage.

jce

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 12:18:44 PM »
getting rid of turner because he called too aggressive of a game was the worst personal decision the bears have made since... well it was bad.  Can you elaborate on who said what, i live out of state and had truncated coverage.

It wasn't Turner.  He's the OC.  It was Ron Rivera they got rid of.  Agreed that it was a real dumb move.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 03:01:43 PM »
To MU_B2002's question, re: Tommie Harris....yes, the guy is very devout to his religion. Nothing wrong with that at all, but some people in the organization think eventually he might retire earlier than people might expect. A byproduct of the abuse on his body since college, and so he can turn his attention over to the church.

To Rawdog's question...vets on defense like Alex Brown, Ogunleye, Tillman, Vasher, Harris have been vocal in their displeasure for the stubbornness of the defensive scheme. Specifically what is irrigating to them is the faux blitz look that Urlacher, Hillenmeyer/Roach give at the line of scrimage, then fall back into coverage. It frustrates the d-line because the opposing o-line reacts by pinching at the line. The linebacker (usually Urlacher) winds up in no man's land where he can't defend the run or get in a passing lane in the Cover 2, because he's running back from the line. To the Packers credit, they destroyed the Bears d-line off the ball, and did what a team should do against the Cover 2 and slant the Bears into submission. The Titans did this to near perfection the week before.

These vets are speaking up in frustration off the field, and it's slowly leaking out into the media. Alex Brown in particular nearly shed a lot of light on this publicly two weeks ago. Coaches are subtly blaming the players for not producing, players are blaming the coaches for the scheme. If they lose to the Rams Sunday, it probably will all come out in the open.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 03:29:54 PM »

Our coaches also loved Rex...Ahh the stubborness in this organization.  As a fan, it drives me insane.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 08:49:33 AM »
Our coaches also loved Rex...Ahh the stubborness in this organization.  As a fan, it drives me insane.

Just think this is the same organization that employed John Shoop for 2 seasons.

"Rex Grossman is our quarterback."  I still hear that in my nightmares with visions of mishandled snaps, and a pick 6 in the flat. (shudders).

I can understand the D-Line's frustration.  You really need more than 2 seconds to get pressure.  Someone also needs to tell our DBs it is legal to bump a guy at the line to throw him off of his route.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 09:50:03 AM »

Someone also needs to tell our DBs it is legal to bump a guy at the line to throw him off of his route.

Amen,
However, Vasher may injury his wrist and Tillman his shoulder if they take on more contact during the game...

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 10:11:50 AM »
On a side note, did anyone see the "cribs" show on Garrett Wolfe?  I put cribs in quotes, because it was some local Chicago version, and it was absolutely hilarious.  Link is below.  He has some nice art, imported from Australia I believe. 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/extramustard/11/19/bella-twins-vs-feres-twins/index.html
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt