[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Otule out at least a month!  (Read 13593 times)

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Otule out at least a month!
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »
Hey muwarrior87 - people here think your info is legit.  All the jokes here relate to some twit on the Dodds board that thought of this board as a bunch of monkeys throwing crap.

You had the straight scoop.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 01:11:31 PM »
You guys really question the validity of this when I have said before I converse with the players as they pass by me at work?? I can't have a computer. I texted gwaki and TallTitan this morning when Chris told me the info. Couldn't get it up here myself so I thought I'd pass it on to some who could.  I guess inside info STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH so to speak isn't valid unless a member of the media has broken a story.

muwarrior87... it'd say 98% of the folks on this board appreciate your insight.  I sure do.  Thanks and keep the info coming.   
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 01:12:03 PM »
Hey muwarrior87 - people here think your info is legit.  All the jokes here relate to some twit on the Dodds board that thought of this board as a bunch of monkeys throwing crap.

You had the straight scoop.

Some of the people before NYWarrior posted it though were really questioning the info.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 01:12:11 PM »
Let's all take a breather .. mu87 .. Gwaki .. whoever.  Thank you for posting your tip.  

Thanks as well, to Mike Broeker, who confirmed the issue and allowed CS to post the confirmation prior to on official press release.

No need to bash Dodds' board for not having the info before the rest of us.   In the end, who cares if you know a few hours earlier.    That's not a good measuring stick.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2008, 01:14:27 PM »
In the End we are all Marquette fans why argue over such pointless things when we have the whole season ahead of us.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2008, 01:16:51 PM »
MUScoop once again gets the scoop.  Thanks guys.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

nola03

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2008, 01:17:14 PM »
You guys really question the validity of this when I have said before I converse with the players as they pass by me at work?? I can't have a computer. I texted gwaki and TallTitan this morning when Chris told me the info. Couldn't get it up here myself so I thought I'd pass it on to some who could.  I guess inside info STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH so to speak isn't valid unless a member of the media has broken a story.

I'll agree with the sentiment that your information is always legit. As others wrote, it was one kid who follows the Scout site closely that tried to pooh-pooh your scoop (pun intended).

Also, I'm relieved it is not a "stress" injury. They were starting to rack up and that means a pattern. However, it is interesting that they decided to get specific on the injury in that a player landed on the foot and it doesn't seem promising that the release is titled with Otule missing "significant time". Surgery.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »
In the End we are all Marquette fans why argue over such pointless things when we have the whole season ahead of us.

Obviously because no one has started the 106 thread yet :)

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2008, 01:18:55 PM »
I understand that. Thank you. It's just frustrating when some ppl question the legitimacy of a post from guys that have generally been fairly accurate with breaking stuff or getting info from players and ppl close to them.  Glad to see some appreciate it. Now enough of this bickering....LET'S GO WARRIORS!!  We've got some huskies to skin tonight!!

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »
Let's all take a breather .. mu87 .. Gwaki .. whoever.  Thank you for posting your tip.  

Thanks as well, to Mike Broeker, who confirmed the issue and allowed CS to post the confirmation prior to on official press release.

No need to bash Dodds' board for not having the info before the rest of us.   In the end, who cares if you know a few hours earlier.    That's not a good measuring stick.

+1

MUScoop's mods are enlightened on these matters.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 01:22:39 PM by NYWarrior »

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2008, 01:22:14 PM »
I wasn't even aware there were any other Marquette boards. I believe this is the penultimate, only because its free, and I don't' have to pay anything to Fox or Yahoo. Unless ESPN sponsers its own Board on insider, this is the best place I believe. Not that I am suckign up or anything  ;D
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »
Its not the end of the world and more importantly not something that should force him to redshirt. It just limits our style of play seeing as we don't have enough bodies to continually cycle in big men.  Let him get healthy and he will hopefully be there when we need him most.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2008, 01:39:51 PM »
The regular-posting students on here tend to be on the money. I know at least muwarrior87, gwaki, TallTitan, and the rest of the 106 crew don't post anything unless they know for sure.

While I was HOPING that it was wrong, it was never doubted. So thanks again for the tip.

As for the situation, I really really REALLY hope Burke stays out of fould trouble in the games where Otule is gone...

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2008, 01:42:45 PM »
Penultimate= next to last

Scoop is not the penultimate board

Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »
This will be easy to forget about for awhile if we get Snaer today.  

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »
Sorry I got my ultimates mixed up. Can I call the board Ultimate Iron Man.

~Al McGuire

~Robert Heinlein

JSwarriors08

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »
Sorry I got my ultimates mixed up. Can I call the board Ultimate Iron Man.

Yes.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2008, 02:31:51 PM »
I appreciate you MUWarrior87 -

While I don't post much, I do read the board every day and I enjoy reading what you have to say.......

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2008, 07:25:05 PM »
DAMMIT!

Otule was the KEY!  >:(
SS Marquette

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »

but at least we showed we can play somewhat decent even if it's against a cupcake.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2008, 10:42:39 PM »
This will be easy to forget about for awhile if we get Snaer today.  

Snaer chooses Florida State (Lawrence Journal-World)

Pardner

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2008, 01:07:24 AM »
Good god, lord.  Crean's got more depth than us.  Maybe the NCAA will let us combine teams?  ;)

So, what does Buzz do?  Run and gun to try to wear down the other team?  More zone?  More trapping?  Good news in all of this is that Jimmy and Pat will get a lot of PT to come up to snuff more quickly.  Pat has some good energy, a high % shot but he has been lost on the court at times--so this opportunity will be good for him to grow.  Trial by fire but we could be a better team at the end of the season because of it...and Joe and Chris have at least had time in the new system to help ease their adjustment time when they return.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 01:11:10 AM by Pardner »

feedback