[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Where is Marquette? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Otule out at least a month!  (Read 13467 times)

Gwaki

• All American
Otule out at least a month!
« on: November 14, 2008, 08:33:30 AM »
with a broken foot.

Source: muwarrior87

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
Re: Otule out at least a month!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
Hello Pat Hazel!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 08:49:56 AM »
You have got to be absolutely kidding me....how is this even possible??

Please tell me he got O'tule and McMorrow confused  ;) :o >:(
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 08:52:41 AM »
You have got to be absolutely kidding me....how is this even possible??

Please tell me he got O'tule and McMorrow confused  ;) :o >:(

I hope but he isn't the type to confuse the players.  And it would be very hard to confuse the two

JSwarriors08

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 08:53:47 AM »
*begins to weep bitterly*

we are so screwed

reinko

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 09:00:02 AM »
Oh man, we shouldn't even play this season.  We are done.  Put a fork in us.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 09:05:16 AM »
Has anyone else heard this?  Also why didn't 87 just post it himself?

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 09:07:58 AM »
Welcome to the overreaction part of our program, if people here think that losing a freshman bigman is the end of the world (despite our height disadvantages) I woudl like to present exhibit A: Villanova 2006. Lost their main big man to injury that offseason and rode a 4 guard lineup to the elite 8, despite their tallest player being 6'7
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 09:09:38 AM »
Welcome to the overreaction part of our program, if people here think that losing a freshman bigman is the end of the world (despite our height disadvantages) I woudl like to present exhibit A: Villanova 2006. Lost their main big man to injury that offseason and rode a 4 guard lineup to the elite 8, despite their tallest player being 6'7

+1
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 09:10:56 AM »
Not to completely say i don't believe this, but shouldn't we have heard it somewhere else as well?

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »
Has anyone else heard this?  Also why didn't 87 just post it himself?
Not to completely say i don't believe this, but shouldn't we have heard it somewhere else as well?
muwarrior87 is at work.  He works at the front desk of Humphrey where he cant use a computer.  He sent me a text.  I am assuming we will here about it later today

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 09:15:08 AM »
I recommend Buzz have the feet of all potential recruits examined and x-rayed throughly prior to signing them. Crean really screwed us over on this one.

Now Buzz has something legitimate to be emotional and cry about
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 09:18:37 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ringoutahoya

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 09:18:05 AM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:34:31 PM by ringoutahoya »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 09:19:33 AM »

I don't think it's overreaction at all.  We NEED Otule and/or McMorrow to develop for next year.  If neither of them can practice or play for the the first half of this year, it severely hurts us next year.  Just my opinion.

It may not be super critical this year (though it could be!), but now we're down to only have Burke and Hazel to practice in the post?  Seriously?

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 09:25:37 AM »
Is he just wearing a boot?

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 09:26:43 AM »
I how this is a joke. Why didn't he post this himself? He actually never posted this anywhere, so unless he sent you a pm I don't know how you are getting you information.

no joke.  the injury was confirmed by the MU Athletic Department -- it's up on CrackedSidewalks now
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 09:39:25 AM by NYWarrior »

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 09:29:44 AM »
Hard to overreact when we are almost to the point of being unable to fill the center position. No, it isn't like we could expect a ton out of Otule, but at least he is a big body to plug in there, demand some attention and have fouls to give. With Fulce out already, this is getting ridiculous.

Again, what a shame for the Big 3. They are going to have to carry such a load this year it's unbelievable.

Hopefully Otule and Fulce can come back strong if the story is in fact true, but tough to ask them to jump right into the BEast cold. What a bummer.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 09:32:34 AM »
Oy.  Terrible luck so far this season (can I call it a season yet?).  Thanks (but no thanks) for confirming NY.  

All - please be considerate and try not to shoot the messenger when things like this come up.  If you think a post is going too far into speculation, then click the "report to moderator" button and we can deal with it.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 09:38:14 AM »
Also to go with the overreaction, he is out a botu a month. If this had to happen anytime I'd rather it happen now sure we'll miss him for the Chicago Inv. Tennessee and Wisconsin, but the only one of those teams with legitimate big men is Wisconsin (almost illegitimate) At least now we get to see if we have any known quantities in Pat Hazel, and Dwight Burke will get plenty of work to work on his conditioning before the get into the meat of the BEast schedule. Again, we shouldn't go around here acting like Kentucky or Indiana fans. We are better then that.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 09:40:08 AM »
Not sure where it went but Cracked Sidewalks (NY Warrior) confirmed with Mike Broeker

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2008/11/chris-otule-out-one-month-with-foot.html
Chris Otule out one month with injury

We have just confirmed that freshman center Chris Otule will miss a month of action after sustaining an injury this week. The nature of injury is unclear at this point.

According to Mike Broeker, Deputy Director of Athletics at MU, the university will release more information later after speaking with the coaching staff, Otule and team doctors.

With sophomore forward Joe Fulce already out until the end of December, the Otule injury leaves Marquette with few options on the baseline. Senior center Dwight Burke and sophomore Patrick Hazel are the only two healthy post players on the roster as the season opens tonight.

RedWebster

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 09:47:02 AM »
Heads are going to roll on the exclusive "Premium Board!"

Great work by Cracked Sidewalks!!

dennycrane

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 09:49:54 AM »

Exactly.

Phi Iota Gamma 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 09:59:53 AM »
Doesn't Lloyd Moore still have two years of eligibility
There is nothing less productive than doing more efficiently that which should not be done at all-Peter Drucker

muball

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 10:04:09 AM »
Nice to see info posted in a timely manner. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 10:19:37 AM by rocky_warrior »

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 10:05:10 AM »
Oy.  Terrible luck so far this season (can I call it a season yet?).  Thanks (but no thanks) for confirming NY.  

All - please be considerate and try not to shoot the messenger when things like this come up.  If you think a post is going too far into speculation, then click the "report to moderator" button and we can deal with it.

No offense, but I don't think anyone was critical of anything, everyone was just looking for more information.

nola03

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 10:07:36 AM »
Injuries happen but when 25% of your team suffer from stress injuries in a two week span that's not good.

Taking into account what's occurred over the last fortnight, and that we have two highly rated recruits coming in with already serious injuries to their ankles, maybe we could tweak the intensity of the boot camp next September. Just an idea.

With all the dramatics in this program it feels like the games themselves are afterthoughts. Has any recent opening game been overshadowed like Houston Baptist tonight?

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 10:07:55 AM »
UGH,
This sucks, hopefully Chris, Joe, and Liam can all get healthy and back on track.  

chapman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 10:23:58 AM »
That five guard lineup Buzz was talking about might be an inevitable reality.

Is it just a coincidence that three of the four newcomers are missing significant time with injuries?  Probably, but besides the relatively minor achilles issue with Cubillan all of the veterans have stayed relatively healthy. (hopefully that wasn't a jinx)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 10:32:24 AM by chapman »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 10:28:49 AM »
"Boot camp" may now take on a whole new meaning.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 10:31:52 AM »
If this in fact another foot problem than this is definitely not a coincidence.  Buzz will need to make changes to his pre-season workout.

Any yes we do need to over react.  The last time we were severely short-handed at a position was PG when Diener went down and we all know how that turned out.  This is no where near as devastating but there is a real good chance we end up having 3 or 4 losses heading into our brutal conference schedule with the loss of Fulce (our backup 3/4) and Otule (our back up 5) with not much behind them.  

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 10:32:56 AM »
If this in fact another foot problem than this is definitely not a coincidence.  Buzz will need to make changes to his pre-season workout.

Any yes we do need to over react.  The last time we were severely short-handed at a position was PG when Diener went down and we all know how that turned out.  This is no where near as devastating but there is a real good chance we end up having 3 or 4 losses heading into our brutal conference schedule with the loss of Fulce (our backup 3/4) and Otule (our back up 5) with not much behind them.  

Difference that team wasn't even close to as talented as this team.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »

You are right that the Diener lsot crippled us, but you still overestimate the importance of Fulce and Otule in this manner. That year not only did we lose our best player, we lost the best player who plays the msot important player on the floor, we lost the team leader, and we lost our best scorer. The importance of Diener during those years ranked up there with any player ever to come through Marquette. Losing two back-ups on a team with plenty of leadership and scoring is a lot easier to handle, swing men are pretty easy to find, and College ball is a guards game where size is a luxury, so what if we don't have the bose sound system in the Lexus, we only listen to sports talk radio anyway. But if everyone hear was counting on Otule and Fulce to be big parts of what MU does this year, you were already deluding yourselves.

~Al McGuire

~Robert Heinlein

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 10:51:02 AM »
But if everyone hear was counting on Otule and Fulce to be big parts of what MU does this year, you were already deluding yourselves.

All reports are that the coaching staff was counting on these guys.  Fulce was in play as a 6th or 7th man, and even yesterday the coaching staff was hyping up Otule.

Take it further.  Does the team even have enough players to run a fullcourt 5 on 5 game in practice?

A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 10:54:35 AM »
Take it further.  Does the team even have enough players to run a fullcourt 5 on 5 game in practice?

Nope.  And depending upon how Cubillan and Wes are feeling, they may not have enough to do 4 on 4 either.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 10:57:18 AM »
Well then I believe how Marquette handles this type of adversity will be a microcosm for the entire season. If they are able to get through with only one loss and these young men come back and play well, then a sweet 16 and top 4 BEast finish is in their future. If they do not, then maybe everyone starts questioning the Buzz and Cottington hires, Marquette becomes the team Pat Forde predicts will have the "bottom fall out of" and they will be stuck in the quagmire of teams in the 8-11 spots of the BEast hoping for a tourney invite. I myself believe they will show their mettle as seniors, leaders and men, and be able to go out there an give the big east hell.

~Al McGuire

~Robert Heinlein

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 11:11:22 AM »
I recommend Buzz have the feet of all potential recruits examined and x-rayed throughly prior to signing them. Crean really screwed us over on this one.

Now Buzz has something legitimate to be emotional and cry about

But but but isn't this a Buzz recruit?  Hope he heals quickly.

By the way, Crean was on Dan Patrick this morning.  Plenty of talk about MU and IU.  Typical coach speak stuff, but he had what is going to be an 11th place Big Ten team on the national airwaves again.

The number of injuries is pretty crazy.  It wasn't long ago I can recall so many folks complaining about injuries when coached by another coach as if it were the coach's fault.  Or are injuries random events?  I'll take the latter.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 11:15:47 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 11:13:09 AM »
Heads are going to roll on the exclusive "Premium Board!"

Great work by Cracked Sidewalks!!

I had heard through the grapevine that nothing posted here should be trusted.  Or it should be taken with the LARGEST GRAIN OF SALT.   ;)

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 11:17:42 AM »
The reality is, there was no choice but to rely on Fulce and Otule given the makeup of the roster. They were going to be instrumental in the success, or lack thereof, of the season. If they were/are serviceable, the team probably has a decent ceiling. If they can't at least hold their own, a .500 record in the conference is probably about the best we could do. The other talent is very good, but not that much better than what we'll see in the other major players in the conference at 1-4. Being very deficient at 5 and so thin at 4 will be extremely difficult to offset.

The nice thing is, you know the veterans will play their butts off and try to fight through it rather than fold, but realistically they have their work cut out for them.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 11:20:23 AM »
I had heard through the grapevine that nothing posted here should be trusted.  Or it should be taken with the LARGEST GRAIN OF SALT.   ;)

We lie and overreact here.

And Cracked Sidewalks never actually spoke with Mike Broeker, you know. All a big ruse to get us nervous for tonight...

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 11:25:57 AM »
We lie and overreact here.

And Cracked Sidewalks never actually spoke with Mike Broeker, you know. All a big ruse to get us nervous for tonight...

HIPPA is going to sue all of us for even looking at this site.

HIPPA!!!

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 11:29:14 AM »
I am too busy flying off the handle to believe any of this.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2008, 11:34:06 AM »
As far as the practice, here's the health status:

Presumably healthy:
James
McNeal
Hayward
Acker
Butler
Burke
Hazel
Frozena

Injured/Presumably ok to go:
Matthews
Cubillan

Injured/Out:
O'tule
Fulce
McMorrow

So yes, they can do 4 on 4 if all the presumably healthy guys are just that or if Matthews or Cubillan is participating.  If Matthews and Cubillan are both practicing and able to participate, that's the only way there can be a 5 on 5 practice consisting of only active roster players.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2008, 11:46:49 AM »
As someone who works directly in an industry that needs to knwo the in's and outs of HIPPA, HIPPA can't sue you for knowing the information. The only person who gets the 100,000 fine is the person who leaks the info. There I said it stop bringing it up. I go on here to escape work, and general sanity.

~Al McGuire

~Robert Heinlein

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2008, 11:51:02 AM »
Scott Kuykendal just confirmed it in an official press release:

November 14, 2008
For Immediate Release

Otule To Miss Significant Time Following Foot Injury       
Freshman Center Expected To Contribute To MU’s Front Line

Milwaukee – Freshman center Chris Otule of the Marquette University men’s basketball team has been sidelined for several weeks after suffering an injury to his left foot in practice earlier this week.

Otule was injured when a teammate landed on his foot, causing a fracture in the metatarsal bone.  He is expected to miss at least a month of game action due to the injury.

Otule is in his first season with the Golden Eagles and is the only true freshman on the roster.  He is expected to provide valuable minutes in the team’s front line rotation in 2008-09.

--MU--

Scott Kuykendall
Assistant Athletics Director, Media Relations

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2008, 11:51:26 AM »
If this in fact another foot problem than this is definitely not a coincidence.  Buzz will need to make changes to his pre-season workout.

You fellas really think boot camp is a new thing?   Billy Gillispie's been doing the "boot camp" for years.   And supposedly it's Bill Self bred.   He may alter it for the big fellas but I don't think he's going to scrap it. 

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008, 11:54:42 AM »

Otule was injured when a teammate landed on his foot, causing a fracture in the metatarsal bone.  He is expected to miss at least a month of game action due to the injury.

I don't think this injury had anything to do with "boot camp".

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 12:22:57 PM »
Agree read the release more carefully a player landed on his foot breaking a bone (my money is on dwight he's a big boy). Not a stress reaction, not linked to boot camp

HelixAir6

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2008, 12:23:22 PM »
Thinking that boot camp was THE cause of these injuries doesn't make too much sense to me.  If hard core extreme workouts like that are more likely to make a person more fragile, then why does every military branch make all of its soldiers, who typically don't always come into camp in the shape that these players did, go through what we expect to be a similar type of training?  I don't think its to physically weaken them before serving our country or going to war, since its seemed to have worked pretty well for the past X amount of years.  But thats just my opinion.  

P.S. I don't mean to change the thread into arguments about why the military has boot camp and stuff, i'm just giving my reasoning why i don't think that Buzz's "boot camp" was the main cause for the injuries.  Injuries happen, it sucks, but they happen.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:31:39 PM by MU HelixAir »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2008, 12:48:40 PM »
I am too busy flying off the handle to believe any of this.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »
You guys really question the validity of this when I have said before I converse with the players as they pass by me at work?? I can't have a computer. I texted gwaki and TallTitan this morning when Chris told me the info. Couldn't get it up here myself so I thought I'd pass it on to some who could.  I guess inside info STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH so to speak isn't valid unless a member of the media has broken a story.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »
Hey muwarrior87 - people here think your info is legit.  All the jokes here relate to some twit on the Dodds board that thought of this board as a bunch of monkeys throwing crap.

You had the straight scoop.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 01:11:31 PM »
You guys really question the validity of this when I have said before I converse with the players as they pass by me at work?? I can't have a computer. I texted gwaki and TallTitan this morning when Chris told me the info. Couldn't get it up here myself so I thought I'd pass it on to some who could.  I guess inside info STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH so to speak isn't valid unless a member of the media has broken a story.

muwarrior87... it'd say 98% of the folks on this board appreciate your insight.  I sure do.  Thanks and keep the info coming.   
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 01:12:03 PM »
Hey muwarrior87 - people here think your info is legit.  All the jokes here relate to some twit on the Dodds board that thought of this board as a bunch of monkeys throwing crap.

You had the straight scoop.

Some of the people before NYWarrior posted it though were really questioning the info.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 01:12:11 PM »
Let's all take a breather .. mu87 .. Gwaki .. whoever.  Thank you for posting your tip.  

Thanks as well, to Mike Broeker, who confirmed the issue and allowed CS to post the confirmation prior to on official press release.

No need to bash Dodds' board for not having the info before the rest of us.   In the end, who cares if you know a few hours earlier.    That's not a good measuring stick.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2008, 01:14:27 PM »
In the End we are all Marquette fans why argue over such pointless things when we have the whole season ahead of us.

~Al McGuire

~Robert Heinlein

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2008, 01:16:51 PM »
MUScoop once again gets the scoop.  Thanks guys.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

nola03

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2008, 01:17:14 PM »

I'll agree with the sentiment that your information is always legit. As others wrote, it was one kid who follows the Scout site closely that tried to pooh-pooh your scoop (pun intended).

Also, I'm relieved it is not a "stress" injury. They were starting to rack up and that means a pattern. However, it is interesting that they decided to get specific on the injury in that a player landed on the foot and it doesn't seem promising that the release is titled with Otule missing "significant time". Surgery.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »
In the End we are all Marquette fans why argue over such pointless things when we have the whole season ahead of us.

Obviously because no one has started the 106 thread yet :)

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2008, 01:18:55 PM »
I understand that. Thank you. It's just frustrating when some ppl question the legitimacy of a post from guys that have generally been fairly accurate with breaking stuff or getting info from players and ppl close to them.  Glad to see some appreciate it. Now enough of this bickering....LET'S GO WARRIORS!!  We've got some huskies to skin tonight!!

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »
Let's all take a breather .. mu87 .. Gwaki .. whoever.  Thank you for posting your tip.  

Thanks as well, to Mike Broeker, who confirmed the issue and allowed CS to post the confirmation prior to on official press release.

No need to bash Dodds' board for not having the info before the rest of us.   In the end, who cares if you know a few hours earlier.    That's not a good measuring stick.

+1

MUScoop's mods are enlightened on these matters.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 01:22:39 PM by NYWarrior »

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2008, 01:22:14 PM »
I wasn't even aware there were any other Marquette boards. I believe this is the penultimate, only because its free, and I don't' have to pay anything to Fox or Yahoo. Unless ESPN sponsers its own Board on insider, this is the best place I believe. Not that I am suckign up or anything  ;D

~Al McGuire

~Robert Heinlein

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »
Its not the end of the world and more importantly not something that should force him to redshirt. It just limits our style of play seeing as we don't have enough bodies to continually cycle in big men.  Let him get healthy and he will hopefully be there when we need him most.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2008, 01:39:51 PM »
The regular-posting students on here tend to be on the money. I know at least muwarrior87, gwaki, TallTitan, and the rest of the 106 crew don't post anything unless they know for sure.

While I was HOPING that it was wrong, it was never doubted. So thanks again for the tip.

As for the situation, I really really REALLY hope Burke stays out of fould trouble in the games where Otule is gone...

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2008, 01:42:45 PM »
Penultimate= next to last

Scoop is not the penultimate board

Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »
This will be easy to forget about for awhile if we get Snaer today.  

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »
Sorry I got my ultimates mixed up. Can I call the board Ultimate Iron Man.

~Al McGuire

~Robert Heinlein

JSwarriors08

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »
Sorry I got my ultimates mixed up. Can I call the board Ultimate Iron Man.

Yes.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2008, 02:31:51 PM »
I appreciate you MUWarrior87 -

While I don't post much, I do read the board every day and I enjoy reading what you have to say.......

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2008, 07:25:05 PM »
DAMMIT!

Otule was the KEY!  >:(
SS Marquette

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »

but at least we showed we can play somewhat decent even if it's against a cupcake.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2008, 10:42:39 PM »
This will be easy to forget about for awhile if we get Snaer today.  

Snaer chooses Florida State (Lawrence Journal-World)

Pardner

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2008, 01:07:24 AM »
Good god, lord.  Crean's got more depth than us.  Maybe the NCAA will let us combine teams?  ;)

So, what does Buzz do?  Run and gun to try to wear down the other team?  More zone?  More trapping?  Good news in all of this is that Jimmy and Pat will get a lot of PT to come up to snuff more quickly.  Pat has some good energy, a high % shot but he has been lost on the court at times--so this opportunity will be good for him to grow.  Trial by fire but we could be a better team at the end of the season because of it...and Joe and Chris have at least had time in the new system to help ease their adjustment time when they return.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 01:11:10 AM by Pardner »

feedback