[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: SNAER UPDATE  (Read 23995 times)

bleedbluegold03

• Starter
  • Ring Out Ahoya!
SNAER UPDATE
« on: November 10, 2008, 03:08:34 AM »
Seems that Marquette is in his top three with FSU and Kansas. Here is the article . . .

http://theshiver.com/2008/11/snaer-to-decide-wednesday/#more-946

Snaer to decide Wednesday?

November 10, 2008 by Shiver

In a somewhat surprising move Micahel Snaer, ESPN’s #30 ranked player , has narrowed his list to Kansas, Florida State, and Marquette according to Snaer in a text message.

Snaer will be making his decision public on Wednesday, although a time has not yet been set. Snaer plans to know the time of his announcement tomorrow morning. As early as last week, Snaer had been thinking about putting his decision on hold until the spring. That decision had many people thinking that Snaer was waiting to see where Xavier Henry committed, but that decision appears to be on hold as well.

Snaer is a very athletic 6′4″ guard/wing who will bring a lot to any of the three schools left. His ability to hit the 3, mid range jumper, and his potential to be a lock down defender is what some of what makes Snaer such a desirable recruit for any program.

Created by the Jamil_toMU09

muarmy81

• All American
Re: SNAER UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 05:39:25 AM »
Interesting,
I think the consensus on this board was that he'd be heading to either Mizzou or UCLA...I like our chances but I'll still be looking at FSU as the leader.

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 06:40:11 AM »
I am surprised (and hopeful!) that MU is still in it.  I am not that surprised that he decided to move his decision forward (by announcing now and not waiting until spring).  I think a recruit's bargaining position and choices become reduced as time goes on beyond the fall signing period. 

Perhaps Buzz (and/or some of the other coaches) told him that if he doesn't commit by letter-of-intent day, the scholarship offer would be withdawn.

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 07:06:10 AM »
I think with our class for 2009 and the amount of playing time we'd offer him that we would have to be an attractive option. Let's see what the kid chooses.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 07:24:18 AM »
Wowzers...so someone please educate me. 

Wouldn't Kansas have a logjam?  And what does FSU have other than beautiful weather and the women to match it...don't get me wrong MU women are fine too, but you couldn't tell most of the time under them North Faces and Columbia jackets...down south they damn near nekkid.

So I'm tryna learn the pro's and con's of each school.  I hope Snaer knows what's good, cuz MU-Know What It Is.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 08:15:25 AM »
Last time we were in the top 3 for a guard it didn't turn out real well. Then again I'm certain Buzz didn't show up at Snaer's house at midnight either. If he wants to showcase his talents in the best conference, Snaer's choice is easy.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 08:32:36 AM »
If he wants to showcase his talents in the best conference, Snaer's choice is easy.

It's that simple for MU. The draw of FSU is the weather and a chance to play a lot right away, and the allure of KU is the history and prestige of the program.

Let's hope the kid is a competitor and wants the chance to play in the Big East. No matter what happens, I think the fact that this kid is in play is a very positive sign for Buzz's recruiting abilities and how recruits view MU.
We Are Marquette

chapman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 08:40:34 AM »
Kansas -Hot girls, better weather than Milwaukee, play for a national power.

Florida State - Super hot girls, great weather, games against Duke and UNC are sure to be televised with Dickie V going crazy over him.

If Buzz lands him he is the sickest recruiter ever.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »
anyone think that maybe colvin dropped his interest in us because he was informed by buzz that snaer was likely to commit.  seems silly to do it before we actually have the commitment, but buzz was straight-forward with wilson after we got roseboro, maybe he gave colvin the heads up as well.

wishful thinking most likely.

Dry White Toast

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 08:57:03 AM »
how do ku and fsu compare with respect to open scholies?

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 08:59:01 AM »
More of the same from the Lawrence Journal

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/nov/10/ku_hoops_target_snaer_decide_wednesday/

KU hoops target Snaer to decide Wednesday

By Gary Bedore

November 10, 2008

Blue-chip basketball recruit Michael Snaer, who last week said he’d wait until the spring to pick a college, has had a change of heart.

Rivals.com’s No. 11-rated prospect said Sunday he’ll choose between Kansas University, Florida State and Marquette at a yet-to-be-determined time Wednesday at Rancho Verde High in Moreno Valley, Calif.

“I want to get it out of the way. I think it’s that time,” Snaer said of finalizing his college choice.

The 6-foot-4, 185-pound shooting guard said he eliminated two schools Sunday — UCLA and Missouri.

“It was tough cutting Missouri. I know a lot of the players there,” Snaer said.

“It’s pretty close. I might have one school ahead of the others,” he added, not revealing that school.

“It’s going to be a hard decision. I look at the coaching staffs, the players, how hard the teams work.”

Asked specifically about KU, he said: “They have a good chance.”

Meanwhile, Rivals.com’s No. 3-rated player, Xavier Henry, will bypass the Nov. 12-19 signing period and will choose between finalists KU and Memphis sometime this spring.

“He did want to (sign early) at first. Circumstances happen,” Xavier’s dad, former KU player Carl Henry, said Sunday night.

Xavier suffered a fractured cheekbone in an Oct. 22 automobile accident and had surgery last week.

“He’s out four to six weeks. He’s taking medicine every day, resting, taking it easy. He’ll take his time. He’ll make his decision at the end of the season,” Carl Henry said.

Carl Henry, who averaged 17.1 points and 6.4 rebounds in his 61-game KU career (1982-83, 83-84), said Xavier “likes the players and coaches at both schools equally.”

This is reminiscent of the recruitment of Carl’s older son, C.J., who orally committed to KU in the spring of 2005 only to sign a professional baseball contract after being selected by the New York Yankees in the June draft.

“My older son did the same thing,” Carl said of bypassing the early signing period. “We thought Xavier would sign early ... except for the accident.”

C.J. Henry is now a freshman guard at Memphis.

“He likes it there,” Carl Henry said, noting C.J. “stays out of it. We all realize it’s Xavier’s decision.”

KU and Memphis would not be waiting on Henry’s decision if the NBA allowed high schoolers to head directly to the pros.

“He would have,” Carl said of his son bypassing college had the rules not changed a few years ago. “I wish they could go directly from high school (to pros). If they are ready — if their bodies are physically ready — they should be able to go. His body is together.”

Xavier and other “one-and-done” players have the option of heading to college or Europe for a year before putting their names in the draft.

“Some don’t want to go to Europe. It’s a long way from home for kids who are in high school,” Carl said. “We’ve had offers to play in Europe. If a kid is not even through his senior year of high school, why would you even consider Europe right now?”

Two top high school seniors will definitely sign with KU on Wednesday.

They are: Thomas Robinson, a 6-8 power forward from Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H.; and Elijah Johnson, 6-2 from Cheyenne High in Las Vegas.

KU has two scholarships to give in recruiting. Coach Bill Self has said he would like to sign three or four prospects because of the likelihood of players leaving for the NBA.

KU targets Dominic Cheek, 6-5 from St. Anthony High in Jersey City, N.J.; Lance Stephenson, 6-5 from Lincoln High in Brooklyn, N.Y.; and John Wall, 6-4 from Word of God Christian Academy in Raleigh, N.C., will make their decisions in the spring.

• Next up for Jayhawks: KU, which pounded Washburn, 98-79, Tuesday, will play host to Emporia State at 7 p.m., Tuesday in Allen Fieldhouse. It’ll be KU’s final exhibition game of the preseason. Emporia State will play Wichita State tonight. The Jayhawks will open for real against UMKC at 7 p.m. Sunday.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 09:01:48 AM »
anyone think that maybe colvin dropped his interest in us because he was informed by buzz that snaer was likely to commit.  seems silly to do it before we actually have the commitment, but buzz was straight-forward with wilson after we got roseboro, maybe he gave colvin the heads up as well.

wishful thinking most likely.

Colvin hasn't dropped his interest in us, the list has already changed again.  In a Scout article from today, he's still got us on his list and has said he will choose from the following, "Iowa State, Providence, Illinois, Marquette, USC or UConn".

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 09:06:19 AM »
Someone refresh my memory...but we're out of scholies for next year right?  It's probably been talked about and rehashed somewhere but I figured I'd ask here.

4thAndState

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 09:23:40 AM »
Someone refresh my memory...but we're out of scholies for next year right?  It's probably been talked about and rehashed somewhere but I figured I'd ask here.
You are right -- this has been discussed plenty over the last several weeks, especially after Roseboro verballed. Because some player rosters "evolve" in the off season and to help teams deal with an inevitable transfer, the BE allows oversigning by one scholarship. For a player of Snaer's caliber, Buzz is willing to sign him with the anticipation that the roster will work itself out later.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 09:54:23 AM »
Hey thanks for clarification, 4thandState! Should be a fun-filled Wednesday.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 10:24:37 AM »
I told myself I wouldn't get wrapped up in this after last time....

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 10:38:46 AM »
You are right -- this has been discussed plenty over the last several weeks, especially after Roseboro verballed. Because some player rosters "evolve" in the off season and to help teams deal with an inevitable transfer, the BE allows oversigning by one scholarship. For a player of Snaer's caliber, Buzz is willing to sign him with the anticipation that the roster will work itself out later.

I still can't believe that! Wow.

Snaer may commit to MU, but I'd hate to deal with whatever speculation may fall out from it.
SS Marquette

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 10:48:48 AM »
I told myself I wouldn't get wrapped up in this after last time....

Amen!
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »
wouldn't it be ironic if Snaer committed to Kansas, forcing Tyshawn Taylor to the bench?

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 11:48:46 AM »
as much as i hate to say it you have to like Kansas's odds to get him.  Cheek, henry, Wall and lance Stepehenson have all decided to wait until the spring and it just seems that opens the door for snaer at KU. 

However, they have TT who by all accounts has been lighting it up at SG and they just signed another 5 star SG in johnson  so maybe he sees a logjam? 

who knows but boy would i love him to verbal to MU,  i think that class could challenge for some titels in the conference, tourneys and the nation before it is all said and done. 

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 11:57:34 AM »
Rumors on Rivals Main Board is that he was at FSU over the weekend taking in the football game.  Total guess and no knowledge other than what I read but I feel he's headed to FSU.  We like to talk about the competition in the Big East but IMHO, the ACC is the best conference.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 12:04:01 PM »
if he goes to FSU this past weekend he had to foor the bill himself, he has to ask himself who will be his coach next year.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »
wouldn't it be ironic if Snaer committed to Kansas, forcing Tyshawn Taylor to the bench?

It would also be a bitch if Taylor and Snaer become their starting backcourt.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Schoonts

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 12:13:25 PM »
I recieved this in an email from a friend who copied it from his Jayhawk site...  This is unreliable, but it is something...

Word out here in Southern California is that Michael Snaer will commit to Kansas on Wednesday, and will not wait on a decision from Xavier Henry. Snaer believes he can be just as good of a player as Henry and he will not allow Henry to be a factor in making him go somehwere else when his heart is set on being a Jayhawk. This is all info I've recieved from speaking to Rancho Verde High School principal Michael McCormick. I expect Henry to still sign with Memphis in the spring.

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 12:19:53 PM »
Given how good our class is already, a 33% chance, give or take, to get Snaer is awesome.  Much different feeling than with Iman.