Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shooting Guard commits to Kansas  (Read 4814 times)

Phi Iota Gamma 84

• Team Captain
Shooting Guard commits to Kansas
« on: October 19, 2008, 01:00:03 PM »
Elijah Johnson one spot behind Snaer on Scout for Shooting Guards, does this bode well for MU???
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:24:09 PM by Phi Iota Gamma 84 »
There is nothing less productive than doing more efficiently that which should not be done at all-Peter Drucker

MUBasketball

• All American
Re: Shooting Guard commits to Kansas
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 01:03:30 PM »
I just read Snaer's comments about his visit. He sounds like a high school kid who just had some blond bombshell walk by and wink at him. I wouldn't get our hopes up.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 01:27:41 PM »
I think its good for us.  From what I read, Johnson gave a verbal to Self and apparently there is only one scholarship left.  So KU might be off the table for Snaer.  If someone has better info, please post.  This is the best I could find.

http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/10/19/johnson-to-kansas-wall-out-of-picture/
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Pardner

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 01:42:47 PM »
Johnson is a PG, not a 2.  Henry (Memphis?), Cheek (Nova?) and Snaer are up for the last spot, with (my guess) Snaer #3.  (Where does this leave TT?).  Wouldn't we die for Self's leftovers?

HoopDreams

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »
I just read Snaer's comments about his visit. He sounds like a high school kid who just had some blond bombshell walk by and wink at him. I wouldn't get our hopes up.

Care to elaborate at all, I am curious to hear what he said? Obviously Kansas had their national championship celebration and that would be impressive.

Also, I have seen E Johnson listed as both a PG and SG. Kansas being "out of scholarships" probably doesn't mean a whole lot. As far as playing time goes though, it may be pretty tough for Kansas to promise anything with a starting spot.

From an objective viewpoint I feel like MU could be a good situation for Snaer. Playing time, stepping in with a solid recruiting class, Big East, tradition, etc. would seem to be great pluses for any recruit coming for 2009
Tradition Never Graduates..

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 02:14:33 PM »
Care to elaborate at all, I am curious to hear what he said? Obviously Kansas had their national championship celebration and that would be impressive.

Also, I have seen E Johnson listed as both a PG and SG. Kansas being "out of scholarships" probably doesn't mean a whole lot. As far as playing time goes though, it may be pretty tough for Kansas to promise anything with a starting spot.

From an objective viewpoint I feel like MU could be a good situation for Snaer. Playing time, stepping in with a solid recruiting class, Big East, tradition, etc. would seem to be great pluses for any recruit coming for 2009

"We hung out a lot on Saturday with the players and other recruits," said Snaer, the No. 5 ranked shooting guard in the class. "The guys showed us what they do and just hung out with us. All of us had a great time. I talked to the coaching staff as a group and individually from time-to-time.

"The coaching staff really wants me to come here," he added. "They feel that I can come in and contribute right away. I really like Kansas and I had a great time on my visit. I'm going to go back home and think about what I saw this weekend. I want to make my decision as soon as I can."

On the court, Snaer told Jayhawk Slant there isn't anything he can't do. He seems himself as a complete player and the total package.

"I'm the type of player that can do it all," said Snaer. "There is nothing that I can't do on the court. I'm a complete player."

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
I believe this helps MU.  Kansas has Taylor at the point, Johnson should be the SG.  Snaer would  fight for time with those two, along with the others Kansas has.   Snaer comes to MU and he should start at SG, or at least get significant playing time.

Now that Snaer has completed his visits, and didn't commit like Johnson did immediately, is a good sign and I hope he decides soon.

Also, Jamil Wilson didn't commit after his MSU visit, so he is still in play.  Is Wilson coming to Midnight Madness?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 03:33:21 PM »
I'll take the opposite angle based on Snaer's comments. In other words, he's Jayhawk bound.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 04:03:46 PM »
I'll take the opposite angle based on Snaer's comments. In other words, he's Jayhawk bound.

If it happens there is no shame in losing out to the defending national champions and one of the great programs of all time.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »
http://blogs.columbiatribune.com/basketball/2008/10/snaer_stepping_back_to_weigh_o.html

This article flat out says that Snaer is going to go where he will start.  I am not familiar with the other schools but I have no doubt he will start for us next year with our shooting guard situation.  I think we have a decent shot at the kid. 
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 10:31:34 PM »
It's a question of whether he wants to go to a loaded team at Kansas, and play sometimes, or a very solid recruiting class at Marquette and start.  Of course, I'm ignoring the other schools :)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 11:46:33 PM »

Yup.

Fantastic campus, better program, established coach, great conference, beautiful girls, etc.

I'm going to stick with KU, UCLA or MU (Missouri) before MU (Marquette).  I'd love to be wrong.....I often am.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 08:53:34 AM »
Kansas has beautiful girls? Really?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 09:08:17 AM »
Yup.

Fantastic campus, better program, established coach, great conference, beautiful girls, etc.

I'm going to stick with KU, UCLA or MU (Missouri) before MU (Marquette).  I'd love to be wrong.....I often am.

All of this is available at UCLA as well. But, his comments are overwhelmingly pro Kansas. After his other visits all you heard were the generic "good visit" quotes.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 09:37:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure UCLA girls are beautiful-er than Kansas girls, but we have some pretty girls behind the desk at Humphrey... muwarrior87 can attest to that.

But yeah, Snaer needs to come to Marquette.  6'4" shooting guards turn out all right after Marquette.  *coughNBAFinalsMVPOlympicGoldMedalist*cough*

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 09:41:42 AM by MUMotivAsian »

Phi Iota Gamma 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 10:55:04 AM »
You forgot Coach NBA Championship Team
There is nothing less productive than doing more efficiently that which should not be done at all-Peter Drucker

Sweenz

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 11:14:58 AM »
Everyone discusses playing time, but I think Snaer thinks he is the real deal, when he calls himself a complete player. If he thinks he is a complete player, he will be able to get his playing time, no matter where he goes. Kansas coaches convinced him he would see playing time there and contribute right away, so I don't think that will be an issue in his mind.

I see another Kansas commit in Snaer, and a combo guard who has played a lot of point is not going to scare him away.

If Marquette gets him, this class will be better than the big 3 from 4 years ago, but I don't want to get my hopes up like when I though for sure Shumpert was coming because of proximity and James perhaps leaving.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 12:22:12 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 12:18:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure UCLA girls are beautiful-er than Kansas girls, but we have some pretty girls behind the desk at Humphrey... muwarrior87 can attest to that.

But yeah, Snaer needs to come to Marquette.  6'4" shooting guards turn out all right after Marquette.  *coughNBAFinalsMVPOlympicGoldMedalist*cough*

I'd say different to be sure.  UCLA girls are good looking, but the academics are very rigid.  The student body is international.  KU girls tend to be your more sterotypical looking American campus girls.  Yes, I'm painting with a broad brush, but those are the general perceptions.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 12:25:31 PM »
Picture Judy Garland

feedback