collapse

Resources

25-26 SOTG Tally

2025-26 Season SoG Tally
Ross6
James Jr4
Parham1
Stevens1

'24-25 * '23-24 * '22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

Big East Standings

Recent Posts

Judge Rules that Last Years Seniors Are Eligible for a 5th Year by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:46 PM]


2026 Coaching Carousel by Pakuni
[Today at 01:27:38 PM]


Big East offseason news by willie warrior
[Today at 12:01:27 PM]


Recruiting as of 6/15/26 by willie warrior
[Today at 11:49:17 AM]


‘26-27 Schedule by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:56:27 AM]


Caedin Out a Few Months by MuggsyB
[Today at 08:52:11 AM]


Open Scrimmage by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 08:44:57 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!

Next up:  @ Green Bay (Exhibition)

Marquette
Marquette @
Green Bay (Ex)
Date/Time: Oct 19, 2026
TV: NA
Schedule for 2026-27
12 - 20

keefe

The best at getting to the hole as a Marquette player was Butch Lee. The guy was unstoppable. That is the platinum standard for Marquette.


Death on call

brandx

Quote from: keefe on February 11, 2016, 11:23:11 PM
The best at getting to the hole as a Marquette player was Butch Lee. The guy was unstoppable. That is the platinum standard for Marquette.

I'd put George Thompson ahead of Butch even tho' he was a forward at 6'2"

MU82

Quote from: bilsu on February 11, 2016, 09:00:45 PM
I really do not pay attention to who said what, so you are right I am not keeping up.

That's what she said.
"It's not how white men fight." - Tucker Carlson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Goose

Keefe


Brute Force and Butch are the two best ever. I give the nod to George but a very narrow margin. Both had exceptional bodies and body control for going to the basket.

As for HC, I think he is going to be a really, really good college player. Way too early to know beyond that. Thing I like best about him is that he is a basketball player at the core. He is smarter on the court than most young guys.

WarriorFan

I like the Manu comp, but I'd reach back and (forgetting the left-handed-ness) say Sydney Moncrief.  Big guard, slow shot, excellent at the rim, finds a way around, over or through guys.

Lefties have an advantage because defenders usually tend to shade to the offensive players right hand, so the left handed finish is often a surprise.  Not saying he doesn't need to develop his right, but saying it's not as important for lefties with their natural advantage. 

I think the ceiling is higher than anyone else here seems to think... I think the ceiling is Westbrook... but I'd be happy with Manu or even Wes type NBA performance.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Previous topic - Next topic