[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crean or Izzo to IU?  (Read 9615 times)

MUSF

• All American
Crean or Izzo to IU?
« on: March 05, 2008, 08:24:17 PM »
According to this guy both are potential hires for the Hoosiers, with Izzo in the top 3.

IU fans and Indy writers are truly delusional if they really think some of the people on this list would end up at IU.

Ridiculous.

http://blogs.indystar.com/hoosiersinsider/archives/2008/03/ok_lets_talk_co.html

Detfan23

• Starter
Re: Crean or Izzo to IU?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 08:29:18 PM »
Someone needs to put the crack pipe down.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 08:43:17 PM »
They forgot Coach K, Wooden, & Al.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 09:45:22 PM »
According to this guy both are potential hires for the Hoosiers, with Izzo in the top 3.

IU fans and Indy writers are truly delusional if they really think some of the people on this list would end up at IU.

Ridiculous.

IU has offered both to be co-coaches, a Big 11 first! They should jump at the chance to move to Blomington!

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 10:22:13 PM »

Ridiculous.

Next thing you know they'll be tracking planes....i.e. their friends from Lexington....completely delusional.  Hilarious.  I hear Phil Jackson is the front runner.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 10:30:38 PM »

Ridiculous.

Next thing you know they'll be tracking planes....i.e. their friends from Lexington....completely delusional.  Hilarious.  I hear Phil Jackson is the front runner.

I'm waiting for the hand-drawn map with all 20 crayon colors  :D
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 09:31:53 AM »

Ridiculous.

I think the guy was pretty objective in admitting that few coaches would want to go to IU with the potential of recruiting sanctions. The writer also points out that most of these coaches would have little reason to leave their schools. As for Crean, I don't know why people keep thinking he'd go to MSU if Izzo left. At this point, MU's program is in better condition and he's been with MU longer than he was ever at MSU.
We Are Marquette

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 09:35:16 AM »
Izzo ain't going to IU.   For TC to go anywhere, the money is going to have to be huge and they are going to have to sell Joanie on uprooting her family.  While it is entirely possible that IU will come calling, I am deeply skeptical that TC is leaving any time soon.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »
me too, but then, I never thought Favre would retire this year.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 10:16:50 AM »
John Calipari -- Another guy who may have had a little baggage from UMass but a coach who I would think would be very interested in the IU job. Memphis is one thing but it's still a good school in a bad conference. Could he win a national championship at Memphis? Maybe. But Indiana is still Indiana. Again, the question here becomes whether this is a guy IU would really want to go after considering all of the current circumstances.

Yeah, he could win one in about a month. Is he kidding?

This guy is a tool.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 10:57:07 AM »
Izzo ain't going to IU.   For TC to go anywhere, the money is going to have to be huge and they are going to have to sell Joanie on uprooting her family.  While it is entirely possible that IU will come calling, I am deeply skeptical that TC is leaving any time soon.

Where do people get off on this board claiming that "Joanie" (as if you know her) is somehow entrenched in Milwaukee and would stand in the way of a move? It's absurd and yet it's repeatedly cited as a reason for Crean to stay. Are you unaware of her family background as the daughter (and sister) of coaches? That's like being an Army brat.

God, that's annoying.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »

Where do people get off on this board claiming that "Joanie" (as if you know her) is somehow entrenched in Milwaukee and would stand in the way of a move? It's absurd and yet it's repeatedly cited as a reason for Crean to stay. Are you unaware of her family background as the daughter (and sister) of coaches? That's like being an Army brat.

God, that's annoying.

Sounds like someone has a sweet spot for Joani... ;)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »

God, that's annoying.

You actually make an interesting point... but man, do you come across bitter. Seriously, I think your message is often times lost in your writing and general tone.

Allow me to translate for the rest of the board who doesn't speak "bitter old alumni who hates his school's head coach":

"While we can all speculate that a wife and kids wouldn't be thrilled to move her family after spending 9 years establishing themselves in a community, let's also remember that Joanie's family is the Harbough's, so there have been 2 or 3 generations of coaches/players moving around for their teams. I'm sure she is familiar with families relocating so that father/coach/player can take a new job.

Now, it's not an absolute that Mrs. Crean wouldn't be against moving, but given the history of the family, I think it's a safe bet to think that she understands the "life of a coach", and might not be as against relocation as some of you think."

Just sounds better, doesn't it?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 12:00:21 PM »
PRN, I went to high school with Joanie.   I am assuming she, like everyone else, has grown and matured, but retains certain personality traits from her youth.   I firmly believe she influences TC's decisions.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 12:00:47 PM »

God, that's annoying.

You actually make an interesting point... but man, do you come across bitter. Seriously, I think your message is often times lost in your writing and general tone.

Allow me to translate for the rest of the board who doesn't speak "bitter old alumni who hates his school's head coach":

"While we can all speculate that a wife and kids wouldn't be thrilled to move her family after spending 9 years establishing themselves in a community, let's also remember that Joanie's family is the Harbough's, so there have been 2 or 3 generations of coaches/players moving around for their teams. I'm sure she is familiar with families relocating so that father/coach/player can take a new job.

Now, it's not an absolute that Mrs. Crean wouldn't be against moving, but given the history of the family, I think it's a safe bet to think that she understands the "life of a coach", and might not be as against relocation as some of you think."

A new standard for annoying posts has just been established.

Congratulations to you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 12:04:11 PM »
And for the record, I am a fan of hers.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 12:10:07 PM »
PRN, I went to high school with Joanie.   I am assuming she, like everyone else, has grown and matured, but retains certain personality traits from her youth.   I firmly believe she influences TC's decisions.   

I don't doubt that she does!! But she's not going to stand in the way if he wants the Indiana, or Kentucky, or Illinois, or Kansas, or Michigan State, or Michigan jobs!! Hell, with his brother in law out in Palo Alto, whose to say he wouldn't take a job out there? My point is that people speaking for our coach's wife are going beyond making assumptions.

Here's a newsflash for everybody on this board....Milwaukee is not Shangri-La.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 12:19:39 PM »

God, that's annoying.

Congratulations to you.

I thought it was a great post and 100% correct.  There are times people agree with what you are trying to say but your tone comes off as so negative that they can't.  You alienate your self from the issue.

IlikecreansoIcantposthere

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 12:32:17 PM »
"But she's not going to stand in the way if he wants the Indiana, or Kentucky, or Illinois, or Kansas, or Michigan State, or Michigan jobs!! "

Is this comment not just as much of an assumption as the comments saying she would get in the way?  Or is it fine because it came from you?

And just so you know...from 1982 to 2002 Jack made one job change.  20 years in two jobs and the last 14 at one is nothing like army familys and more stable then most people, I'd say.  

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 01:01:03 PM »

God, that's annoying.

Congratulations to you.

Why? Because I'm right?

You can be factual, unbiased and have impact with your writing without sounding bitter, crass or negative.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 01:26:14 PM »
God, that's annoying.

No, what is annoying is your constant bit<hing about Crean and the mascot.  If you found a way to to criticize in a more constructive way, maybe your message would be received much better.  Most times, you just come off as an old pri<k.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 01:56:31 PM »
PS: Our mascot/nickname SUCKS and anybody who accepts it has zero credibility as a Marquette fan!!

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »
PS: Our mascot/nickname SUCKS and anybody who accepts it has zero credibility as a Marquette fan!!

Bitterness and hyperbole in the same sentence.

BRILLIANT!

You sir, are truly a literary artist. Bravo.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 02:00:28 PM »

2002mualum, wanna take a crack at surarcoating that one?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 02:07:07 PM »

What are you doing to change it?

I don't like it either, but have realized there is nothing I can do to change it.  That does not mean I like the new mascot or have accepted it but the mascot is not going to stop me from being a fan of Marquette basketball.

Make sure you go down to the front of the student section next year and tell the kids that don't remember MU being the Warriors that they aren't true fans!!!!