'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gotta share this...Marquette Nike Jersey NOW $28.13 !!!!  (Read 11930 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Gotta share this...Marquette Nike Jersey NOW $28.13 !!!!
« on: April 26, 2014, 09:42:28 PM »
Cheaper than the Spirit Shop.
Stitched and feels pretty authentic.

NOW $56.25

$28.13 !!!

SUPER CHEAP!

White:  http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Marquette-Golden-Eagles/20377995

Baby Blue:  http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Marquette-Golden-Eagles/20377998
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:15:14 AM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Gotta share this
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 06:29:38 PM »
More fallout from missing both tourneys this year.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 06:55:22 AM »
More fallout from missing both tourneys this year.
Kentucky jerseys at the same price. They did alright this year.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 11:07:56 AM »
Kentucky jerseys at the same price. They did alright this year.

source, is that the chick from Myth Busters in your .gif?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 11:36:35 AM »
source, is that the chick from Myth Busters in your .gif?

Yes.

#Iamthesource
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

77ncaachamps

• All American
Re: Gotta share this...NOW $39.38
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 02:47:14 AM »
Bump. Great price!
SS Marquette

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 09:19:50 AM »
The jersey is up to $56.25...still a good price, if you're into that gross powder blue color.

Hats are 2 for $30!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 11:40:59 AM »

Hats are 2 for $30!

Complete with faux sweat stains?

Death on call

Donnybrook

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »
I really do not like that the Big East is not one of the drop down options under the "NCAA" on this page. The American has a category along with Independents, but no Big East...

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 12:51:09 PM »
I really do not like that the Big East is not one of the drop down options under the "NCAA" on this page. The American has a category along with Independents, but no Big East...

No Big East! That does it then. I was going to order a jersey so I could strut around Pike Place Market with an expensive baby blue wife beater. Not listing our conference is a grave insult that simply cannot be overlooked. They can keep their jerseys. No thank you.

Death on call

The Love House

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 10:09:39 AM »
Complete with faux sweat stains?
Faux? C'mon, nowadays corporations hire whole families of pre-teen Indonesian children to wear these hats while working in authentic sweat shops so that when they arrive on our doorsteps half way around the world, they contain only the most realistic sweat stains available on the market today.

Doesn't anyone watch 60 Minutes anymore??

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 10:54:22 AM »
Faux? C'mon, nowadays corporations hire whole families of pre-teen Indonesian children to wear these hats while working in authentic sweat shops so that when they arrive on our doorsteps half way around the world, they contain only the most realistic sweat stains available on the market today.

Doesn't anyone watch 60 Minutes anymore??

Alright, I lived in Indonesia when Jesse Jackson was on the warpath against "Asian Child Labor Sweat Shops" and made his expositional swing through ASEAN. I knew the heads of both Nike and Reebok in Jakarta and the real fact is that jobs at both were highly coveted.

-- These exploited workers were paid 10x the national average

-- These exploited workers were paid twice as much as starting General Practice physicians

-- These exploited workers were provided free housing

-- These exploited workers were provided free medical care through on-site clinics

-- These exploited workers were provided two meals a day at company canteens

-- These exploited workers were provided access to a commissary which had subsidized pricing

-- The elderly parents of an employee were allowed to all of these benefits

Jesse Jackson may have been seeking attention for himself or wishing to put focus on what he believed to be a genuine social injustice. But whatever his motivation he was badly informed about the reality of Nike and Reebok-generated employment (in fact, the shoe companies don't own the factories; production is contracted with Korean companies who once made the shoes in Seoul. But all of the benefits I outlined are contractually stipulated by Nike and Reebok.)

These jobs were sought after and life changing for those fortunate enough to be hired on. The typical Indonesian receives less than 3 years formal education. That is a fact. What that means is the average Indonesian wouldn't be qualified to do much of anything in a post-industrial society. But Jesse drew comparisons to "in America."

Someone really needed to brief Rev. Jackson on certain social, economic, and political realities so that he could actually channel all that rage into addressing real problems. I have done relief and humanitarian work in Nepal, Ecuador, Eritrea, Somalia, and Kenya and will tell you that Nike setting up a production facility in any of those places would be a godsend for people with very little opportunity and even less hope.

The irony of Jackson's trip was that he was venting and fuming about MNCs who were actually making a real difference in the lives of ordinary Indonesians while schmoozing and socializing with President Soeharto and the First Family. The Soehartos rapacious avarice would put Imelda Marcos and Nazi art thieves to shame with their cynicism and hubris and yet there was Jesse breaking bread with Tommy and Bambang.

I have been in the Reebok factory in Indonesia - the Country Managing Director of Reebok was a friend and he had the Little League team I coached come in to have our feet measured for hand made spikes. The team got a tour of that plant and it was immaculate. We even ate lunch in the plant canteen and it was great fare. People like Jackson try to make these facilities sound like the Black Hole of Calcutta whereas in fact there are real hell holes in his stomping grounds of SE DC and Chicago's south side. He does more damage from ignorance than any possible good.         

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Gotta share this...NOW $56.25
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »
Keefe, context is indeed everything. Those who criticize the "exploitation" of foreign workers do not understand what the situation is in other parts of the world. I remember in one of my ethics classes my classmates were outraged when they found out that Best Buy buys products from factories in Eastern China where workers make $9 a day. I was the first to ask, what does the average Chinese citizen make in that part of the country? The professor answered, $2 a day. So these workers were make over quadruple of what their neighbors were making. They also received free housing, free education, and benefits for their family. Despite this, my classmates were still outraged.

The truth is, my classmates and Rev. Jackson's outrage is justified but misplaced. The wages and conditions that these workers are given are deplorable. But the jobs in the american factories are godsends to many people. The outrage needs to be focused on the political and cultural structure that allows for such low conditions.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »
here is a camo MU hat for you hunters out there

http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Marquette-Golden-Eagles/20550670
Bring back FFP!!!

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 03:52:42 PM »

The truth is, my classmates and Rev. Jackson's outrage is justified but misplaced. The wages and conditions that these workers are given are deplorable. But the jobs in the american factories are godsends to many people. The outrage needs to be focused on the political and cultural structure that allows for such low conditions.
[/quote]

Read Jesse Jackson's biography  "Extortion"  author started out to write  a lovefest and when he dug around in the dirt he renamed it. I grew up in Chicago as he was making a name for himself and know first hand what his tactics were and personally know people he  ripped off.  Local media made him, his Sunday sermon used to be taped and played on the news. The kicker was when they showed the house it was sparsely attended.
Didn't Al Capp have a character " Jesse Jetstream"  named for him in the Lil Abner cartoons?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 05:06:22 PM »
Keefe, context is indeed everything. The wages and conditions that these workers are given are deplorable.

As you say, context is everything. But I would disagree that the wages paid by MNCs is deplorable. An Indonesian working for Nike in Cilegon making 10x the national average is doing rather well. The fallacy is in taking the actual Nike wage in Indonesia and trying to live on that amount in the US.

WarriorFan also lived in Jakarta though as a single guy. But he likely had a maid who managed his household and he can confirm my expat war stories. If I do the numbers for our household, we employed 3 drivers, a cook, two maids, an amah for the kids, two satpams (security guys whose main role was to sleep in the garage,) and we shared a gardener and pool man with neighbors. Countries in the developing world need technocrats to help them modernize. In exchange for issuing expats a KMIS/ IKTA (work permit) it is expected that foreign workers provide employment for numerous orang lokal.

If I think about what we paid for each of these people it was not much by our standards but it was significant income for them. Our amah was paid more than a practicing attorney or CPA in Jakarta. In fact, my secretary, who managed our personal matters like paying bills and such, was appalled at how much my wife was paying some of our staff. On top of that, when our head maid and cook had kids start college my wife had their tuition bills sent to her office (it was only a couple hundred dollars a year for each student.)

Did we feel we were exploiting these people? Hardly. Working for expats was coveted employment that made a material difference in lifestyle. Not only did we pay school fees for the various kids but as ours outgrew their clothes these went straight to our staff. There were a lot of Indonesian kids wearing Polo and Hilfiger because our three were sprouting.

We cannot imagine living on $30 a month but the vast majority of people in the developing world manage. Fortunately, companies like Nike and Reebok up the ante and hire thousands at 10 x the national average and that's not including the benefits. There is nothing deplorable about then wages paid by MNCs in Indonesia. Rev. Jackson was way off base on this one and actually did more harm than good.

Death on call

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 09:26:39 PM »
Keefe,

It's time you and Chicos get your own threads or sections in scoop.

Simple Q&A will do.
SS Marquette

77ncaachamps

• All American
Re: Gotta share this...Marquette Nike Jersey NOW $28.13 !!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 03:15:34 AM »
BUMP!!!
SS Marquette

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 08:12:23 AM »
Get your Duane Wilson jersey before the rest of the bandwagon!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 03:22:48 PM »
Get your Duane Wilson jersey before the rest of the bandwagon!

I believe you mean my DJO jersey. Dropped a cool $75 on one my freshman year.

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback